Xbox Another Xbox Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zorbsie#9738, Jun 7, 2022.

1. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

The Microsoft store doesn't refresh until this afternoon no? We should find out then.

2. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

TSW is never included in the frequent DLC sales on XBox. It's always a pretty eclectic mix of big name "AAA" games with a whole bunch of small/solo dev indies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. drdelorian#5980

drdelorian#5980 New Member

The ones I mentioned in previous post had been added to an Xbox Store Category labelled as Add On Deals among other dlc such as Paradox games etc.

Usually I find prices refresh on marketplace on a Tuesday afternoon GMT around same time Weekly Rewards refreshes.

5. Princess Entrapta

That they went and added a category for browsing DLCs that are reduced separately from games that are on sale is handy if implemented correctly. DLC often really clogs up browsing the list of current sales, especially when something like Sims 4 is in there and you have to scroll past four pages of its DLC to get to more games.

6. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Now during the rare times there are sales it's mostly starter routes or the main game and occasionally dlc locos or routes that most people probably have already.

7. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI if people want to toss some money DTG's way, I noticed a few routes are currently on sale in the Xbox store both new TSW3 routes and older TSW2 routes.

8. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

List of DLC on sale for TSW3:
    Oakville Subdivision - 50% Off
    Cathcart Circle - 60% Off
    Class 20 Chopper - 50% Off
    Clinchfield - 50% Off
    DB BR 363 - 50% Off
    Great Western Express - 50% Off
    Harlem Line - 60% Off
    Hauptstrecke Hamburg - 60% Off
    Ruhr Sieg Nord - 50% Off
    Tees Valley line - 50% Off
    Bahnstrecke Bremen - 25% Off
    Birmingham Cross City - 25% Off

Also TSW3: Deluxe Edition (Cajon/Southeastern/kassel/spirit of steam) - 40% off

Huge sale! Think I'll get Clinchfield and Cathcart circle. Was hoping for Horseshoe, but next time.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  9. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Added 5 more to my collection.

10. StrikeEagle78

I've had my eye on Tees Valley and Ruhr Sieg Nord. But DTG really really makes it difficult to put faith and dollars into. Then again these are TSW2 routes which I could happily use on that game. I'll need to think about it.

11. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Oh nice! The year-lasting xbox sale drought finally comes to an end it seems... :)
    HBL it is after Joes timetable update :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me if purchasing Oakville Sub Division, will it install to the original game, TSW2020?

Would have liked Horseshoe too.

13. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

Noice, there's quite a few there I don't already have!

14. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

15. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you L89, I asked as I previously purchased two TSW2020 german locos made compatible for TSW2 and if I want them in TSW2020 it still says buy not install!!

16. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Excellent. Picked up Bremen and Harlem

17. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Let’s hope a few more are added, as I would like Horseshoe and that only then leaves me to get WCL. After playing WCL on PC, I am not bothered about purchasing it for my xbox, but really want Horseshoe.

18. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Was hoping to see a rush hour route :( it’s fine I’ll just wait…

until Christmas ‘23 probably

19. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I got London Commuter and Nahverkehr Dresden in Thanksgiving sale. Not two months later, and another big sale. I'd bet you won't have to wait as long as next Christmas.

20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Of those routes I already got Bremen Oldenburg which was obtained from a British Ace Stream since he gave Xbox code. Harlem Line & Bahnstrecke Hagen Finnentrop Siegen Ruhr-Sieg Nord with 363 Xbox Summer Sale 2022. From the list which one is a good purchase

21. Princess Entrapta

Only one on sale I don't have is BBO. Hmm.

22. StrikeEagle78

If you're looking to pick up a TSW3 route allow me to provide a brief preview:

[​IMG]

23. Princess Entrapta

Main thing I was waiting for was RT, since it's the one TSW2 route I am missing.

24. jack travers

Maybe I should have specified more. I already have DRA and BML so all I am missing is Boston Sprinter. But yeah hopefully not

25. jack travers

Ah sure.
    I have spare money left over why not
    What do you guys recommend? Fyi I am a long distance/commuter guy so that rules out Freight I guess.

26. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Great Western Express is great, I would highly recommend. I really like the dual aspect: high speed and commuter lines.
    Next up: three routes I bought, and I think they will be OK, similar to other routes I've already played.
    Harlem should be similar to LIRR, which I already like, albeit a much simpler and shorter route, but two locos!
    I am cautiously optimistic about Cathcart and Hamburg, probably similar to the likes of London Commuter.

On the other hand, here are two routes I cannot recommend: Ruhr Sieg Nord and Tees Valley Line. I will probably stay away from them after collecting the achievements.
    RSN is pretty, but it makes for the worst kind of passenger route, where you drive a lot between stations, so you end up spending a lot of time for not a lot of APs. This means getting to level 20 for the achievement will be an awful grind.
    I'm not loving TVL so far. These old locos are difficult to drive. Not going to spend too much time on this, yuck.

I have no opinion on Bremen and Birmingham other than they are too pricey for now. Waiting for 50% off bugs to be ironed out.

27. StrikeEagle78

Ah, I had heard good things about Tees and Ruhr. Perhaps I'll just save my money altogether then. Difficult to do when sales are so few and far between with limited selection. And I do enjoy the hobby, but seriously question continued support of the developer.

28. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Picked up Harlem line for £9.99, wont argue with that price ;)

Most probably going to pick up Edinburgh to Glasgow aswell on release so £39.98 for 2 routes ain’t to shabby :)

29. jack travers

I was thinking of picking Harlem line since I already have GWE. Or Maybe cathcart circle or Hamburg - Lübeck. Those are my top three so far

30. driverwoods#1787

Good point and here's the list from the list which one do you recommend as a good purchase?
    Of those routes I already got Bremen Oldenburg which was obtained from a British Ace Stream since he gave Xbox code. Harlem Line & Bahnstrecke Hagen Finnentrop Siegen Ruhr-Sieg Nord with 363 Xbox Summer Sale 2022 TSW 2 Starter Pack.

31. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I think Tees Valley Line is fantastic! especially if you are a fan of British freight and Class 37s

• Like Like x 3
  32. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

It was the 101 that tripped me up. I guess it will take a lot of practice to learn how to drive that DMU.

33. jack travers

Is Harlem line worth it ?

34. AtherianKing

It’s the one I went, enjoyed so far of what I’ve played today

if you like LIRR gameplay then you’ll like this one is what I’d say of it

• Like Like x 1
  35. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Do you know if there are any layers between the two NYC routes?
    There are no layers between the two routes, what a shame...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  36. driverwoods#1787

It's way better than LIRR and you have a working ATC combined with Positive Train Control. I have spent time on that route too.
    From this list
    Do you have any recommendations on which one to buy next? I already got Bremen Oldenburg which was obtained from a British Ace Stream since he gave Xbox code. Harlem Line & Bahnstrecke Hagen Finnentrop Siegen Ruhr-Sieg Nord with 363 Xbox Summer Sale 2022. For me it's between BCC GWE or Cathcart

37. AtherianKing

I wasn’t referring to LIRR shortcomings in comparison to Harlem, just the gameplay side with services style patterns, and obviously the locos involved have their near identical similarities minus the differences from upgrades

38. jack travers

Hamburg or Harlem ?

• Like Like x 1
  39. driverwoods#1787

Ok then. My question is this Between BCC Cathcart Hamburg Lubeck OSD and GWE which one of them is a better purchase?

40. AtherianKing

Really depends on the kind of content you’re into for which one will be better

If you’re only interested in American Style freight Content exclusively then OSD would probably stand out the most, but I definitely wouldn’t personally rate it the best route out of them

personally I can’t speak for BCC but out of the others I would go with GWE or HBL if I didn’t already own them

From that if you have other German content, I would recommend Hamburg, if not maybe GWE would be a better pick

41. driverwoods#1787

I already got Bremen Oldenburg which was obtained from a British Ace Stream since he gave Xbox code. Harlem Line & Bahnstrecke Hagen Finnentrop Siegen Ruhr-Sieg Nord with 363 Xbox Summer Sale 2022. Thanks for the advice and I wonder what locomotive will Hamburg-Lübeck give to Bahnstrecke Bremen Oldenburg? So far I have the Yellow colour 182 running there thanks to the purchase I made in a previous sale which should be similar to the Black 182. GWE might be my choice since I used to play that in TSW 2020

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. AtherianKing

Good Question, I own both of them an don’t recall witnessing any 112 or 182 on Oldenburg as of yet…

43. driverwoods#1787

You would need to try restarting service on Bremen Oldenburg to see if either DB Baureihe 112 MRCE Baureihe 182 spawns in on the route. When it comes to Great Western Express the newer version from SEHS tends to override the existing Class 66 which doesn't have the working train length indicator monitor display unit on the top left. Class 166 can layer to BML as long as you have PC and 9th generation consoles same thing to how the base game route Southeast high speed extended gives 375 on Brighton Mainline PC and Gen 9 consoles.

44. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Sweet grabbed Oakville and Clinchfield.

Now all I'm missing is WSR, Cane Creek. Class 33, Class 52, 1938 Underground and RhB anniversary DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  45. jack travers

I decided to opt out to Harlem line, so far so good. Love Grand Central Terminal, love the underground feeling and love driving through The Bronx especially Fordham (grew up there). Either this or Hamburg route glad I picked this one up. Atleast I’ll be able to learn how to drive ATC and ACSES before I pick up Boston Sprinter, the acela and the new route.

46. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I completely disagree with the post regarding TVL. I've been playing it the most recently and despite it being a little more difficult I love it. Especially the 101 which does take some time to get used to and learn but its great when you get it right!

Remember to used the shortcuts on the controller for moving the break to lap and its much easier. And the d pad for gears!

Im enjoying the extra layers on it and the locos themselves especially the 101, 37 and 20 :)

• Like Like x 3
  47. StrikeEagle78

I'd like to hear your impressions of Clinchfield. I don't play Sand Patch Grade as often due to the time length of the runs, but maybe this is a shorter version with similarly nice scenery?

48. AtherianKing

I had a look, I saw that Hamburg Lübeck 182 is driveable, it’s possible the 112 appears as Ai somewhere but maybe not, it’s not useable on Bremen for freight though (and of course passenger)

49. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

The runs are long like in SPG. But I think the scenery is way better than SPG.

Also it has lots of different branch lines as well.

Now I'm not that big of a fan of US frieght but since Cajon Pass I've started to dive head in. And Clinchfield seems to hit the spot maybe because of the older trains.

However the night lighting is a big con here. It is absolutely pitch black.

But for being half off its a good addition.

Also the horm on the SD40 is broken. I just did a long blast and it stopped working for the rest of the run.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  50. StrikeEagle78

Thanks for this. I've had it as an "on the fence" wishlist. I'll consider it with this in mind.