Edinburgh To Glasgow Preview Stream

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sophieclarke1983, Jan 24, 2023.

1. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Could someone clarify a point for me please watched the preview stream tonight and questions were asked and one stuck out and it was about whether the on board announcements through the tms could be played automatically and this question was answered no you have to press button manually however on the Rivet games dev blogs series a setup artist states the exact opposite saying you can press continuous and then press stop to end announcements selected so what I want to know which is factually correct the statement in the rivet games YouTube dev blog video or preview stream tonight as both statements cannot be accurate thanks

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

"Continuous" will simply replay the same announcement repeatedly until you stop it.

There are no "automatic" announcements that play the appropriate one at the appropriate time automatically unfortunately.

Matt.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Both statements are correct as to activate Continuous, manual input is required.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sophieclarke1983

Ok thanks Matt awesome route and train cannot wait till Thursday

5. sophieclarke1983

Ok thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Have not watched the preview stream yet, so don't know if this question came up...
    For console users, will the interactive elements of the TMS screen have a 'snap on' function for the pointer? If not, I fear that getting the pointer to the exact spot needed on the TMS will be very figetty using a controler...

• Like Like x 2
  7. sophieclarke1983

I watched the stream last night however the stream shown was in usual fashion (pc) version of Edinburgh to Glasgow so based on previous VDUs in previous trains such as the electrostar emus more than likely would be zoom in using left joystick to zoom in to screen and using A button to execute commands however if you have/use a keyboard you would be able to use the keyboard shortcuts hope this info helps

8. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

It will be awkward - I've asked DTG prior to this if they could add additional sensitivity settings on the camera when using controllers a couple of times but its not been acknowledged yet. The appropriate setting for flying the camera around and panning in FP mode isn't the same as that required for fine control in the cab even when zoomed in.

Zoom will help you though to some extent. In cab and on Immersive controls, you can do this by pushing left stick up to zoom in and down to zoom out