Xbox Scotrail Express - Where’s The Qa At?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

So after todays monumental mess up, we once again ask who is responsible for this release? Where are the testers that give the route the green light for release?

there’s missing wires along the route, the tms doesn’t even work and all this after the patch, another release another fail

• Like Like x 7
  2. mikec1701d

mikec1701d Active Member

Did you also have glowing sleepers in the tunnel? I shouldn’t have bought it and I said I wasn’t but I really liked the idea of this route and still got it. I had a ton of ideas for custom scenarios but after less than an hour I gave up. Do they have actual QA testing? Heck I’d do it for them for FREE, if it means a better product.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Bradley

I did yes as well as a blue haze as I entered

4. verpain

verpain New Member

The testers can only report what they find and hope the developers fix it.

It kinda sounds like you believe the testers have final say on the product being pushed out, that is incorrect. The marketing people will have set a date, the developers will work to meet that date, and the testing will be concurrent with the development. There isn't some grand testing phase to go through between the end of the dev cycle and the release. I wish there were but unfortunately that's not the reality of the current state of gaming (most companies will be doing this not just DTG).

In my opinion it's more glaringly obvious that anyone with eyes would have spotted a lot of these issues. Now I dunno about you but unless the entire beta testing team is comprised of cardboard cutouts, I'm going to side with the fact that the developers have let us down time and time again (possibly as a result of rushed release dates?).

I have no idea why people were letting themselves get so hyped for this release when pretty much everything released for TSW 2 and 3, be it first or third party Devs, has had serious issues on release.

Fool me once blah blah blah...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Am glad i didnt get it just now from what i have just read about issues on xbox. Its laughable likes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’ve just done my first run and you can barely hear the AWS sounds.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Let's give DTG a standing ovation for publishing a buggy product again. Will there be a third time in a row?

It's as if Mr. Krabs is the CEO of Dovetail Games

• Like Like x 5
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Exactly why in the other threads I was not getting excited. Rivet have learned absolutely nothing and should be relegated to doing freeware. DTG should also shoulder part of the blame as all content is being sold through and presumably vetted by their oversight. Not good enough for £30.

• Like Like x 5
  9. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I was a bit miffed when it was delayed, and people saying "it's not the end of the world" blah blah didn't help. But now I'm loving the Karma in this situation. Those same people saying it's not the end of the world now acting as though their world has ended. It's brilliant.

• Like Like x 7
  10. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Misery loves company, eh?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

One example is the signalling. Surely one of the many train drivers on the Beta team flagged that it’s completely unrealistic to have to close the doors to make the signal clear to green. And why does every station have a danger signal? It’s really poor and doesn’t make any sense as it’s not something we’ve seen in other recent releases.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Urge to poll PS5 users on how many now plan to buy it on the PS release date vs originally planned to :D

• Like Like x 3
  13. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

As I said I wonder which version we will get next Tuesday for ps5. I won't be buying for at least a couple of weeks until things are sorted out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well I am not a PS user (PC user) but I had already put off pre-ordering it now I think I shall leave it totally for now and see what develops. I will watch a couple of streams of it and see if they change my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallboy7648

Those same people seem to have forgotten that the route was made by Rivet Games

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

karma is a b*tch

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really do wonder what the purpose of the beta team is. They seem less effective than a chocolate fire guard. Either the beta team are doing a great job and DTG et al are ignoring what they’re feeding back, or they’re a total waste of time. I don’t know which.

• Like Like x 3
  18. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It does and it's glorious

19. Bradley

Has now been fixed

20. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

Reading the above has really put me off purchasing this New release. Spending £30 to beta test a addon is a big decision, and then you think "What's the point? Should I wait for TSW4's version release? Hmmm! But will it be fixed by then???"
    They need to put their resources into repairing what they have already produced, instead of creating new things!

• Like Like x 3
  21. elric#1386

MS Xbox Store puts new release at the bottom of the list.... LoL!

upload_2023-1-26_17-40-52.png

• Like Like x 3
  22. tallboy7648

Right next to arosa line lol

• Like Like x 2
  23. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the Game Pass discount, and for the Achievements to propagate before picking this one up.

24. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The most frustrating thing is it will be the same issues and reasons given and as said this is far from the first time. Nothing is being learned and that is just not good enough.

• Like Like x 5
  25. elric#1386

Sadly just as long as players, me included continue to purchase products of this standard, It will never change? Once you hand over your money it's over! Our complaints will continue to be pushed to one side with promises and excuses.
    It seems to me for some unknown reason the Dev's are not being informed of issues. Or they are being told to put them on the bottom of the ever growing pile of faults and just to concentrate on creating new things.
    It's more than likely the pile is that big now that they no longer have the manpower to repair what's broken! The Dev's are now at a point where they are just rushing everything, and making simple errors just to meet the deadlines.
    I would be happy just to see one or two new addons a year, if it means that it will be 100% or even 99% (nothing can be perfect) in full working order.
    I would even be very happy if they took time out just to fix the back log of all of the addons that we have already paid for?
    Sad to say until the issues that we have now are fixed, I would never recommend Train Sim World or any DTG product to anyone!
    It's time DTG stop thinking of the £'s and $'s and start thinking about it's customers! It's, us the customer that makes a business, with out us they are nothing!

• Like Like x 6
  26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Now we are just repeating the same mistakes over and over.

It would be nice to get at least 2 DLC releases in row to be smooth.

If you think about it, ever since they drastically reduced the time from announcement to release its been just dreadful release after another.

Things seemed smoother when you streamed the route 2 or 3 times prior to release. And actually recieved player feedback that was fixed prior to release.

So basically this new way obviously does not work and we need to return back to the old ways of proper DTG streaming content.

• Like Like x 5
  27. elric#1386

I'm a born and bred Brummie, and I'm proud of it. When It was announced that we was getting a Brummie route, I was over the moon. I was so excited about it, I was going to be able to finally drive the BCC. Then Sadly all of the bad reports starting appearing about bugs, lack of passengers, lack of AI trains, and heaven forbid A Empty New Street? What? A Empty New Street? Has any one at DTG ever visited New Street? You can't move through the amount of people on quiet day.
    To see New Street portrayed this way put me off buying it more that the bugs in the game. Heck DTG want to visit NS when the Villa are playing at home!
    It also really narks me when you are in a International station like Glasgow or St Pancras, the sounds of the hustle and bustle of commuters is incredible! But where are they all? It's that bad I expect to see tumble weed blowing across the station platforms. Maybe that's why trains are stuck at red lights, due to the tumble weed on the tracks?

• Like Like x 4
  28. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

What would they fill new street with. What train in game would fill in the stations. There are none. Totally different train or wrong livery or no license.

• Like Like x 2
  29. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Stop. Making. Excuses.

• Like Like x 9
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

One thing is for certain, the ambassadors won’t have a bad word to say in case they lose their freebies. This is why I never bother to watch them. It’s sycophantic!

• Like Like x 7
  31. JetWash

It’s painful, even the one’s claiming to be putting across their own entirely independent opinions.

• Like Like x 7
  32. elric#1386

In every forum I've been in, they all have their special little clique that don't like people belittling their Masters! They believe in freedom of opinions just as long as it's in their favour, and they are the only ones that can have negative opinions which are usually aimed at those not in their little schoolkid clique that have opinions!

A product should be Developed, Tested, Fixed, Tested Again and Made Fit for Purpose. Then Put On Sale! and Not developed, tested, sold, and think about fixing it?

• Like Like x 7
  33. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Indeed. And therein lies one solvable problem. Plan out in advance several releases with which you plan to have layering between them, if one in particular has a major hub where several operators run services to, choose them based on the ones you have been able to secure the rights to, and release routes using those operators first on your timetable. You can even plan routes on earlier releases intended to share content with later ones, with timetables that have space in them set up for additional layers you intend to add, when other routes release with the correct stock to add to them.

• Like Like x 2
  34. OldVern

Well I have simply stopped buying, not even buying then my infamous refund. The Skyhook UK route is a bit of an unknown at present, in fact very much unknown, but even then I will be waiting for honest opinions and reviews. Unfortunately there are a few people who, regardless of how badly DTG and in this case Rivet mess up, cannot put down the rose tinted specs. This stuff is not cheap either - £30 is a lot to pay for something which comes across as having been made to freeware standards.

I like TSW and in the past it has delivered some great stuff like TVL, NTP, the Class 31 which I'm currently raving about in another thread. But it's as if in the last year or so they have completely lost their way. First of all we had the love in with SoS which was hyped to almost histrionic levels, but released in an awful state, bugs magnified transferred over to TSW3 and now seemingly abandoned. Then we had the lie about the downtime to sort out major bugs in the game, which turned out to be instead so they could sell us TSW3. Then the price rises, then two more buggy routes (BBO and BCC though the former is redeemed by the 110 and the N's) and now the mess that is Edinburgh to Glasgow. Seems to me it's time for Paul Jackson or whoever leads the company these days to start making some drastic changes to bring TSW round to where it should be.

• Like Like x 12
  35. elric#1386

OldVern Yep, If they was to sort out all this mess and take a step back, even if it means going back to basics. TSW3 could be made into one of the best Simulators ever. It really is a shame that those in the high seats at DTG don't kick some rear ends and make it happen? DTG have a great opportunity here to make this sim/game big!

• Like Like x 2
  36. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Haven't planned to buy it on the PS release date. Still waiting for the addons-manager.

37. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I concur with the above statements. This is the logical & rational process. It should be initiated ASAP.

FULL STOP - REPAIR ALL PROBLEMS - RETEST - REISSUE.
    Then move forward with new product.... after testing and dealing with issues before release of same.

• Like Like x 2
  38. elric#1386

Well Don't Hold Your Breath!

39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sooooo, another issue is that some platforms don’t show the stop markers and if they did, they’d be in the wrong place for the length of train being driven.

Come on. This is very very very basic stuff that should be fail proof. What the heck is going on at all???

• Like Like x 2
  40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Go via locations still don’t have timing points so you can’t see if you are on time or not until you pass them :mad:

41. JetWash

You should go to the Steam Train Sim Classic forums and go back to 7 odd years ago. The posts and complaints are the same as they are now. This particular leopard will never change its spots.

I suspect that Mr Jackson is a significant part of the problem, as are the senior people in charge of the TSW franchise. This is the ultimate rudderless ship and the customers the unwitting cargo.

If you like relaxing by playing a train simulator it’s such a shame. Typical that the only show in town is so half arsed.

• Like Like x 4
  42. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

• Like Like x 3
  43. OldVern

• Like Like x 2
  44. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Oh dear....

Attached Files: