Out Now Scotrail Express: Edinburgh - Glasgow Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jan 26, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

[​IMG]

Train Sim World 3: ScotRail Express: Edinburgh – Glasgow is out now! Enter the cab of the sleek and modern Class 385 EMU and run services between Scotland’s two biggest cities.

Discover the Lowlands in our Scotrail Express launch article! (Direct link below)
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/scotrail-express-out-now

If this is the first time hearing about ScotRail Express: Edinburgh - Glasgow, be sure to check out our previous articles detailing:

• Like Like x 6
  2. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Unless you're on PlayStation of course. Personally I'm really enjoying the fall out of people two days ago saying it wasn't the end of the world about us PS users getting a delay now beating their chests about the faults lol 20230126_163743.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

** excludes PlayStation players!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I ain’t on PlayStation, I’m on Xbox and was going to purchase day one until the issues arised.

I didn’t see the delay as the end of the world, and felt just as I would if it happened on Xbox (better).

It seems more, the people who would have been on PlayStation and not happy with a delay, would have been the most unimpressed as they if they got what they wanted, they would be joining the rest into the “mess”.

• Like Like x 4
  6. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm not too upset about this. Since the Add-ons Manager STILL isn't released yet, I can't play it anyway!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

DTG Alex what's the 213MB update on Steam for those who didn't buy Scotrail Express?

8. AtherianKing

DTG Alex, sorry for the ping, any chance theirs patch notes coming for updates, I just got a LIRR update come through. And base game earlier.

9. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I’ve just got that and a 2.1GB update for scotrail express

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The reception of this route flipped like a switch rather quickly, and not in a good way

• Like Like x 6
  11. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Is this a joke? After all the problems reported elsewhere on the forum, this launch is celebrated as a success. We too often see DTG shrug off failure after failure and it’s not fair on the players.

• Like Like x 7
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's all just marketing nonsense

• Like Like x 2
  13. AtherianKing

it is release day, regardless of people’s thoughts on its quality it would be strange not to have any news article announcement.

if anything it allows a place on forums to gather thoughts and feedback on its release, if it was majority good or bad reviews they tend to come up quick here.

To me it’s not implying “perfection” and “Issue free” type stuff so no issue really.

• Like Like x 4
  14. farLander#3643

farLander#3643 Member

Hopped in and did some driving before work today and I'm liking the EMU so far but have one issue...
    The CPBC is bad. Like, really bad to use especially with the mouse. The sensitivity is much lower than any loco I've used and as such when I'm looking out the front window and pulling the CPBC towards me I have to click, drag a little bit, release, move back up, rinse and repeat. I know this is because of my cursor hitting the edge of the screen and I really don't mind having to readjust my cursor halfway through applying max power but after every. single. notch???? And it just barely gets you to it, too. It makes controlling the EMU so much more tedious than it has to be for us who primarily drive with mouse-interaction.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  15. Whats the verdict on this then, is it worth buying or not? What seems to be the problem with it?

16. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

When is the add ons manager ready.....

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Excuse me I'm on xbox One and the automatic sound announcements don't work when already on the console I want to confirm it doesn't want precisely so no access to announcements

18. AtherianKing

:Message Update from JD regarding TMS issues:

Update: 17:27 - we are happy that the TMS fix on Xbox does what it needs to do.

We are submitting builds to Microsoft, and will update when we can release them.

There should be a build going to players now with some small improvements, but the TMS fix will arrive a little later.

• Like Like x 1
  19. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

The intermediate fix to make the display work is plugging mouse into Xbox

• Like Like x 1
  20. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Safe to say this was a bad Launch

• Like Like x 2
  21. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Hopefully next month but don't quote me on that

• Like Like x 2
  22. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

This was definitely not one their smoother releases.

• Like Like x 3
  23. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

I've already played the new route briefly and I have to say that the design looks really nice. The railcar is also well designed.

But and this is a huge point for me:

The sound of the Class 385 is really terrible! This is still tolerable up to about 40 mph, but everything that goes faster just sounds loud and like a jet engine in the loop, even though all the windows and doors are closed. Precisely because you can hardly see anything of the track through the loophole / porthole, the immersion through the sound is all the more important. It's a shame that savings were made at the wrong end again.

Next point is that the busy main train stations at the ends seem rather dead despite being walkable. There are hardly any AI trains and passengers are only on the platforms themselves, not in shops or waiting rooms, which have been nicely expanded for this purpose.

I'm still awaiting updates before making a final judgement, but I have my worries considering other Rivet titles.

• Like Like x 2
  24. AtherianKing

I think this will be more related to core passenger issues rather than this route (particularly since rush hour), I’ve seen passengers on other routes, wait at platforms for trains and soon as the doors open they don’t board and wonder off.

• Like Like x 1
  25. OlPaco

OlPaco Member

Okay, I did a couple runs and yeah I'm liking it so far. My biggest concern is the obvious audio issues with the 385, it needs a overhaul. And another minor issue for me: the powerhandle feels sluggish, if that's the right word. You have to sort of push it more into the next notch by holding down the key for a second or so. (PC)

• Like Like x 1
  26. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to know, whether this reported TMS-issue is the same because of which the PS-release has been delayed...

27. AtherianKing

it has been confirmed it is.

quote from DTG Alex;

For reference, this is a similar issue to the reason we delayed the PlayStation release, but within our development kits it was working as intended - it appears that, within the live environment the system has defaulted to a similar state to that of what we saw with PS.

• Like Like x 1
  28. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. As I thought somehow...

• Like Like x 1
  29. blackwolfTR

blackwolfTR New Member

I don´t know, if this bug was already reported or not, but in the first class compartment passangers sitting on seats next to the windows appears to be sitting sideways, sometimes two are sitting at one seat mingled together - one sideways and another in the right direction of travel (how the seat is actually situated).

• Like Like x 1
  30. AtherianKing

I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on the route, and one thing I’ve noticed is that they’ve opened up areas like the waiting room/ concourse in Waverley, sort of decorated it with the glass roof and with its main doors open but then put invisible walls to stop players getting in… it seems the same with the shops at Waverley aswell… I don’t really see the point off adding in this sort of detail if at the end of it, it’s not even accessible.

the same thing seemed to happen for interiors at Ashford on SEHS Extend

• Like Like x 3
  31. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Just played the route and fairly happy with it, so far the motor sounds of the 385 are terrible in my opinion and need to be more accurate.eastfield and haymarket depots are missing the likes of the hst,class 170s, the 158,156 and the 153s even if its AI to make it more real. For me both Queen Street and Edinburgh Waverly is way too quite and needs announcements and its like a ghost town also .I would rather have the Class 170s based on a 2015 timetable instead before the electrification of the route.

• Like Like x 4
  32. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Interesting to see the reaction to the route so far. Apart from the game-breaking TMS issue that has been fixed by now, there don’t seem to be massive complaints from the “average” payers (aka those who aren’t familiar with the exact sounds of the 385 etc.). This could become a solid add-on if they release a few good patches in the near future. I’m definitely more optimistic than directly after the preview stream.

• Like Like x 5
  33. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Rivet, why are there no maneuvering cameras for the view from the cockpit window again? I hope you did not want to replace them with a black and white camera image?

34. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

Strangely enough I really llke the black and white camera image. It was explained that this simulates the actual image from a camera on the 385, and the result seems very realistic. And you can easily get a movable camera is you need it.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

The TMS is amazing! I hope DTG will use it on other trains in the future.
    I generally noticed two problems:
    -the class 385 is very detailed but the sound in the cab is very strong and there isn't difference between inside and outside.
    -when it rains outside, the water drops on the glass.

If i want to play the only service with br class 66, what route or pack will i have to?

• Like Like x 4
  36. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I believe you need the Rail Head Treatment Train. This can be purchaed on its own or part of the TSW3 Loco Add-on Bundle.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  37. Md234774

Md234774 Member

One thing that I don’t understand is the reasoning why the reading lights donot work in the Class 385. They should be operable.

38. chiefbeef#7841

chiefbeef#7841 New Member

Well thats weird, do you know where they posted an explanation?

39. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They didn't post an explanation. It's one of those things that probably had to be left out due to time constraints. It's like an extra feature

40. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

Can not wait in to Tuesday for it to come on the ps5

• Like Like x 1
  41. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

42. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

What are the 145 AI services that were mentioned on the article. Where do they go?

• Like Like x 1
  43. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Impressive route and will be getting this once on sale. This route needs Class 385 physics change

44. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

Very disappointed to see we're back to having signals that only clear once the doors are closed. Since you never shut the doors on a red light, I guess I'm sitting at Bishopbriggs forever... I really thought we were past this...

• Like Like x 15
  45. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I know in reality the doors aren't closed on a red signal but in game I close them when prompted and then reopen them straight away. Once I get permission to proceed then I close doors again and head off. It's annoying though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I also posted content from members to staff, but I'm disappointed that there is no news

47. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Have the players been fed with a shovel again? Not surprised, aphahahah
    P. S. When will you realize that there will (almost) never be anything but only graphics in TSW?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  48. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback on those two topics, have forwarded this to our team.

Yep, we've seen this before. Thanks for sharing anyway!

Don't know the answer to that, will update you if I find something.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  50. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Finally got to play this route today. Overall I really like it, however it definitely has some issues.

1. The running sounds are atrocious. I'm shocked how no one at Rivet seemed to notice how bad they are. They aren't a deal breaker for me personally, I'm pretty good at drowning out annoying background noise, but I totally see why it's a major issue for some.

2. You have nowhere near enough time to set up the train, mainly thanks to the addition of the TMS. This is something DTG have been getting right for ages, so there's clearly lack of communication here.

3. The power handle is too stiff, how did testers not notice this?

Those are the three main gripes I have. Other than that I'm enjoying the route. I think on the whole I like it more than BCC, however BCC is certainly a higher quality route.

• Like Like x 5