February Roadmap - Q&a Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 7, 2023.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks,

Here's your February Roadmap Q&A thread - as ever, we'll do our best to intersperse the stream with your questions, and provide a dedicated time at the end for Q&A.

The stream will be at 19:00, on Thursday, February 9th - on our YouTube and Twitch channels.

As ever, more general questions are appreciated, and for 'when will X release', 'will you develop Y'-style questions, the answer will be 'if it's not already been revealed, we won't reveal it in the Roadmap article/stream'/'if it's not on the Roadmap, it's not something we can talk about'.

I appreciate there's a lot of excitement around the reveals from the Spring Summit, but we'll be mainly focusing on the Acela, Northeast Corridor (New York - Trenton), and UP Heritage Bundle for this Roadmap, as they will be February releases - so please focus on these with your questions about Sunday's content. We will talk about the rest at a later date.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Will New York to Trenton feature any layers other then the acela?

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

From a freight enthusiast, just curious why the only thing freight related is liveries. No routes featuring freight.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

How many services will NEC Trenton to Penn have. Will it include any branches. Will it include the sunny side yard

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Will we ever get a Class 700 Thameslink train as an add-on for the London to Brighton route as it is highly requested.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Could you talk more specifically about what areas will be featured in each route (depots, branches, yards, etc.)? For E.g. will Sunnyside Yard be part of the NEC route?

(That also opens up the question of SW1000R return maybe?)

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Can we have some discussion on passengers, please? This is an issue on all routes so assume this is a core issue rather than a DLC one? All these impact the realism & enjoyment drastically and have been ongoing for ever.

- Empty trains for majority of routes
    - Empty stations
    - Passengers leaving the train at start of service or the next station
    - Full trains sitting in depots
    - Passengers not boarding trains but rather standing still until you close the doors

It would be good to understand what is being done to resolve these.

• Like Like x 29
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Can we get an update on the numerous PIS issues? I asked last roadmap too. Again this is an issue that is common across DLC so assume a core issue?

- No destinations on AI services
    - Will player access to onboard PIS be restored and be added to services it wasn’t originally, such as BCC
    - BCC specific, any trains to or from Lichfield City show as not in service

Thank you

• Like Like x 15
  9. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

Fully support below questions, as the most burning issue for passengers trains.

• Like Like x 5
  10. addry#6825

addry#6825 Well-Known Member

I echo this. Also optimisations on shadows and certain environmental objects popping in on routes (cars, buildings etc). These are really important, the routes are just as much of the star as the trains.

• Like Like x 5
  11. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

The summit stream was very glossy with all the announcements of the new content and shiny screenshots and vids... Very nice. On the other hand, crickets and tumbleweeds when it comes to info about progress of the add-ons manager and the ever growing list of bugs that still aren't fixed...

• Like Like x 8
  12. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The most recent Rivet route release didn't go very smooth. Some features present in previous add-ons, that were a considered to be standard features by now, were left out. Which basically means that we, as customers, don't quite know what we can expect from future releases.
    - Does DTG consider this to be a problem?
    - Is DTG working with a list of standard features to be added to new releases?
    - Does DTG tell third-parties which features need to be present?

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd also be very curious if you can share some bits of the survey results :)

• Like Like x 6
  14. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

How can I look forward to new routes when nothing is optimized. What's happened to this new software that's supposed to look at performance on these routes has it been forgotten

• Like Like x 6
  15. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Will the LIRR trains layer on to Trenton around NY-Penn Station as AI?

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

+1 to this from me too.

Further to this, most of the issues highlighted in that post, have been previously discussed and it has been said they have been fixed - why is this now broken again? Or is it simply stuff that is possible but isn’t being implemented in DLC’s?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

What I'm really interested in about the new NEC route: is the Manhattan skyline has been revised? Because in LIRR she came across as very awkward. It should be clearly visible when approaching from the western side of the Hudson River. ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

Are any bugs getting fixed, The DoStos for the DB 182 on Rapid Transit are still undrivable, plus the red light issues

• Like Like x 4
  19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This definitely needs addressing as many of these were supposed to be solved by RH a long time ago. The passengers simply don't feel like real passengers. Their janky movement when interacting with train doesn't help either

• Like Like x 3
  20. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

When will the fixes for the 150/2 arrive as year later this train from west Cornwall local still a mess but what’s point in releasing new content when year old content still needs fixing seems like cutting corners but still expecting people to shell out cash when previous routes not fixed glass half full springs to mind

• Like Like x 4
  21. dudders

Sounds like a lot of unhappy customers on here that needs things fixed before more new routes are thrust upon us.

• Like Like x 17
  22. dudders

Are you listening dtg

• Like Like x 9
  23. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Will we get LIRR ai services at NYP and vice versa

• Like Like x 3
  24. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

For now, driving express in Trans Penine or Tees Valey feels is like driving through Orwells 1984 or Fahreinheit 451 world :D

25. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be the very first one in this thread to break the Ice here, is there any updates on the add-ons manager. Last update it was very close to release supposedly. Is there something we can expect regarding a possible relase sooner rather than later?

• Like Like x 7
  26. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Will the Amfleets have brake sounds this time? The brakes are silent on Boston.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

My questions are about Distance Field Shadows. In a previous Roadmap stream, Matt mentioned that DTG had tried setting the maximum distance for them, and saw little to no performance impact to the game. Can Matt confirm this, and is improving distant shadows being looked into for existing and future routes?

• Like Like x 10
  28. dudders

I think on the live feed it was said that there was going to be a update on the addons manager on Thursday

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Is TSW2 still being supported, I.e. additional freight services introduced for London commuter? Extra services for Bakerloo etc?

• Like Like x 2
  30. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Why does the route selection menu still show a yellow sign with the word "NEW" above each route, even after I have played it 100 times (on ps5)?

• Like Like x 9
  31. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Will Boston Sprinter updates happen before the Acela launches? Because whilst I want to make the Acela a day 1 purchase I certainly wont by buying this (or NEC New York - Trenton) until I am satisfied that the signalling issues have been resolved.

On a similar vein - is incab signalling fixed for Sherman Hill as part of the upgrades to the route, as again this will factor in my decision on whether to purchase the add on pack for this route.

NEC New York Trenton - will we see Amtrak LD coaches & sleepers included?

Leaks - yet another massive announcement leaked out. How & why?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

When will we see updates to Edinburgh to Glasgow regarding Rush Hour passengers, the sound settings and the timetable (the fact Edinburgh Park is served by one train only during a scenario).

Will we see updates to Spirit of Steam and the seeminly random 'service failure' bug that affects the locos on any route.

Will we see any updates to West Cornwall Local in regards to the Class 150/2 barely reaching 40mph on the steeper sections?

Is there also a possibility to change the dynamic weather that means it doesn't just automatically snow when it's low/minus temperatures? Can snow be a small percentage of the precipitation chance? It seems wholy unrealistic that just because it's -1 in Birmingham that it will snow. Rain is just as, if not more, common in winter.
    I have to turn dynamic off because I'm fed up of every service getting snow in december.

Is there any possibility or plans to bring across the 150/2 into Tees Valley or Northern Transpennine routes as an enhancement/gameplay pack?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

As much as I would really like a 700 aswell, I think that question falls under

"As ever, more general questions are appreciated, and for 'when will X release', 'will you develop Y'-style questions, the answer will be 'if it's not already been revealed, we won't reveal it in the Roadmap article/stream'/'if it's not on the Roadmap, it's not something we can talk about'."

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You will get a freight route. Dtg are working on releasing a passenger route so we are satisfied. Freight had theirs with cajon. The enhancement pack was made cuz the gameplay team had some extra time in their hands. Just cuz dtg is releasing an enhancement pack doesn't mean dtg will abandon freight.

• Like Like x 3
  35. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

May already have been asked...
    The new UK steam UK route gives cause for great excitement but why on earth does it start at Ambergate and not Derby? I can understand the complexities of not doing Manchester, but starting at Ambergate is a bit like NTP starting at Stalybridge or SoS at Winsford.

What is happening with Union Workshop given there was no content outlined other than the usual "big three" countries?

Will the EMT HST have correct VP185 sound set?

Will the EMT 158 have correct physics?

Will the oversight on third party content be stepped up to avoid the debacle that seems to accompany most Rivet releases?

Will steam physics and implementation get a full makeover for the Peaks route, including proper indication of fire mass, boiler water level, coal/oil remaining etc. What about sounds which are still a mess where steam is concerned. This route is also crying out for reverb with the many tunnels and tight cuttings. What about an early diesel layer with reworked Class 45 and maybe 08 for shunting the quarries?

We need a Mark One RMB buffet car this time round, you still have plenty of time to create on.

• Like Like x 6
  36. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Is anything being done to fix mastery? I still have several tiles showing as incomplete which I know for a fact I've done. Sometimes I even get tiles which say they're complete but when I log into the game later they're back to being incomplete.

• Like Like x 6
  37. rennekton#1349

Uh, regarding union workshop, when they first got announced, it specifically said they are working on Asian content. I'm sure you read that. They've never created anything out of Asia

38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Hence my question for a status update! I would love it to be something like the Yamanote Line or Osaka Loop Line from the old Densha De Go games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Are the timetables human curated based on the actual timetables or are they AI?

On NYC to Trenton, which yards (if any) are included?

Have the timings been improved on the Boston Sprinter scenarios?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. addry#6825

addry#6825 Well-Known Member

Its following the same pattern as MS2020.

They are taking a similar approach of releasing fresh content rather than fixing whats needed in the sim. Its absolutely frustrating and sooner or later its going to impact DTG's customer base and customer confidence. Trust me I do Customer Research for a living with a global IT company, over time not fixing things impacts the bottom line.

• Like Like x 5
  41. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Union Workshop needs more time. First DLCs of a 3rd party always take a long time, as they need to learn everything. I am looking forward to their DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  42. rennekton#1349

They literally just joined so still learning. By comparison, just trains joined about a year ago with no dlc announcement yet.

• Like Like x 1
  43. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

See post #11 in this thread ;-)

44. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Is there going to be an update for scenario planner version 2 like what was announced two or more years ago?

• Like Like x 6
  45. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

On the new NEC route, will LIRR layer in as AI traffic at NY Penn station? Also, will we get Sunnyside yard?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

Could you let us know if Just Trains are assisting skyhook with midland mainline route?

• Like Like x 6
  47. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

However you're forgetting that MSFS's team does a far better job communicating what fixes are in the pipeline, what is the priority of those fixes, and a timeline to said fixes. Over here we have "oh yes we've heard", "we're looking at", "we're not promising anything", "we don't know when if or when it will be fixed", "we really want to fix this", year after year after year.

And yes I agree, a broken system leads to fewer sales. Therefore my guess as to why we are seeing so much content being pushed out so quickly these past months. Quantity over quality to keep the dwindling player base paying for the moment. One just needs to look at the number of dislikes on the first couple of TSW3 announcement videos on YouTube, the 2 score on the Xbox store, and the low user usage on Steam to see the arrow pointing steadily down for this release.

• Like Like x 2
  48. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

When will the PS5 players get the DLC-manager? TSW 4, 5 or 6?
    This decade or the next?

• Like Like x 12
  49. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

upload_2023-2-7_9-16-31.png

• Like Like x 7
  50. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

It's been a few months (unless I missed something when checking just now) since the last mention of fixes to Pres. Crew releases and derailments on TSW3. Does this mean that you're satisfied with their current status and are now working on backporting these to TSW2? Or, if timeframes aren't possible to give, can you at least tell us where the arrow is currently pointing on the progress bar?

• Like Like x 2