PC What's The Performance Like Now?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Slider556, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Slider556

Slider556 New Member

Hey guys, I was hoping someone could let me know how the game is doing in the performance department. Last time I played was in beta, and it had pretty rocky frame rates on above recommended hardware. I followed it shortly after release and it still appeared to suffer from the same issues

Well, now that I'm bored of my other sims, I've come crawling back. I'm hoping TSW has seen a lot of love from the devs in the past months. I've really been eyeing the Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam.

I surpass the recommended hardware, so if there's anyone that has a similar setup, if you could let me know how your performance fairs, that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

i7-8700K
    DDR4 2666MHz - 32GB
    MSI GTX 1080TI GAMING X
    XIDAX NVME M.2 1TB

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It’s so much better now!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Wow. Someone wanted to come in and show off his new rig.

The 8 of us in the forums are really impressed.

Performance will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MidwesternRailroader

MidwesternRailroader New Member

I use an older gaming laptop so my settings are lower than higher end computers, but overall, I can get some pretty smooth, constant frame rates. In terms of glitches and bugs, I haven't experienced any for quite some time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slider556

Slider556 New Member

Thanks guys, that's awesome news. Going to buy it now! Excited!

• Like Like x 1
  6. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

20181215165045_1.jpg The performance has been improved, yes, but at the expense of visuals and immersion. Some of the scenery looks awful. The image above is not MS Paint, it's West Somerset shore in TSW running at U L T R A settings.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  7. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I also run a 1080Ti , however much weaker CPU with a 4770k and can easily run at 3440x1440 above 60fps in fact out side of some very intensive areas like yards where track draw is a big deal 100fps is rather easy to achieve.

Suggest if your not pushing a resolution as high as i am look into some ini tweaks to claw back some visuals quality that has been sacrificed on the alter of optimization. Its a great sim and well worth supporting in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Slider556

Slider556 New Member

Cool, I appreciate the tip. I'm actually running 1080p still, though I've been shopping around for a good 1440p, just haven't made a decision yet. But in the meantime, seems I might be able to afford some of the ini tweaks to improve the visuals. Going to look into that right now. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

HI there!
    Yeah you're set. I have a GTX 1080 with good processor and TSW runs smoothly 50-60fps on 4K with shaders.
    Add Gsync to that and you can't tell real apart from simulator ;)

Cheers!
    Prof

DISCLAIMER: Yes actually you can see the difference real vs simulator. But it's hard... kinda

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I recommend you start thinking of little projects or objectives to keep you entertained. I applaud (and envy) your enthusiasm but keep your eye open for little community run contests and stuff- video clip contests and the weekly screenshot one though that is on a stand down right now.

As has been mentioned this sim can go great places but it’s in some pretty wild limbo right now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Amen!!!!!!!