Armstrong Powerhouse Wip Dlc News

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blazin, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Thanks Peter, I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about when you're running on ambers and looking out for a faint hint of yellow or red in the distance.

I'm well versed on working practice, I may have joined later in 1989 but the training was still very thorough. Like your good self, I've been lucky enough to be in the cab of many long-extinct classes of units and locos. I've driven under instruction, my career took me towards safety and investigating crashes though.

2. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

LOL joking aside it is nice to see some realistic signals in the sim will certainly add to the realism

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

I'll wait to see what's in the released pack, but I have to say that a coloured light signal enhancement pack isn't at the top of my wish list.

The ability to see them clearly at a distance would be desirable and RSSLO have shown that's doable, but will varying delay between lights switching add much to my gaming experience? I'm not convinced.

• Like Like x 1
  4. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this, as some of the colour light renditions are a little unrealistic: shining like a bright beacon when you are further away, then dim as you get close.

• Like Like x 2
  5. inversnecky

Sorry, I’ve not had a chance to keep on top of things much this last year, but was there not a suggestion that AP might be working on a Class 47?

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yes, there was, and also the suggestion they've been sending 'interesting' emails to others considering to make their own.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think it's because we tend to take a few more chances in the game than we would in real life.
    Running Yellows can keep you alert - Double Yellows are better to chase.:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cuddy_Man

Cuddy_Man Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noted that the DTG Class 47 seems to have got better recently? Sound occlusion in the cab is much better and the engine and horn now sound properly muffled compared with outside.

Might this be a result of it's widespread use in the Huddersfield route. From what I'm now experiencing, I wouldn't feel the need to rush out and buy an AP 47; assuming they make one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Very nice looking EP, will really breathe some life into the routes that use those signals. Hopefully the LEDs will be enhanced as well? Would get me back into TSC a bit more.

And I'm also really hoping that they've implemented approach control from red, not yellow as the current DTG TSC signals do. And also that the flashing yellows clear to green at the control signal if clear (DTGs stay on yellow whatever) - that would be the icing on the cake for us signalling fans.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Here is some more information about Armstrong Powerhouse’s upcoming Signal Enhancement Pack.
    D30CAA5D-2C92-4B1C-82FA-ED9290C864F4.jpeg
    F6D67176-1541-4F18-ABBA-8816B6CEB25D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. inversnecky

Looking forward to this. Any release date mooted yet?

12. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Nothing on AP site or facebok but it cant be far off giving the daily videos we are seeing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fakenham

Looking really good, I'm hoping they save the best teaser video until last....(realistic app control).....

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how this will be implemented
    Will it overwrite the UK Pro signals or provide a new set?

• Like Like x 1
  15. fakenham

I'm pretty sure it will just overwrite any DTG UK signals, but probably not the original kuju signals as they used different scripts....I think.

16. fakenham

Just noticed more functionality on these signals in todays article - you can assign a signal to stay at red until passing a marker, with a random delay. Sounds interesting. Would be good if you could assign a marker for a signal to be a random red or green? That would give a lot more playability for scenarios which are currently a bit fixed in the outcome. Would be harder to implement though I think...

Also noted are markers for call on signals which is a welcome addition.

All looking very promising! More new things to come as well.

17. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Some more details today.....

SIGNAL ENHANCEMENT PACK - PROJECTED LIGHT
    At night and 30 minutes before sunrise/after sunset, signals will now emit light that illuminates objects in front of them.
    For the more realistic appearance of light during dawn/dusk, the brightness of the light is steadily reduced from night to 30 minutes before sunrise and vice versa at dusk. This is instead of it instantly turning on/off at a pre-described time.
    For performance reasons, the degree to which the light is faded out/in at dawn/dusk can not be calculated continually on all signals so as a compromise, the brightness is calculated upon scenario load on all signals and continually refreshed on signals that are in proximity to a moving train.
    Finally, LED signals emit more light than the dimmer incandescent variants.

324186717_1118428628839555_17393261682642474_n.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

19. fakenham

Great news re their latest facebook page update - approach control. I've a feeling a lot of signalling tweaks will be done to various routes, although it's great to see that some signals will be automatically converted to a more realistic app control if DTG ticked the signal boxes in the editor.

So I was thinking, what would be a good route to check out the functionality when AP releases their pack. South Wales I think, plenty of junction sigs there. So I thought I'd just check out the sigs in the editor to make sure that DTG have ticked the boxes for the appropriate junction signals (flashing yellows, app from yellow). 95% sure they must have done this? ....Nope.

To be fair, I think they have done this for most of their other routes, but a bit surprised they haven't done this for SWW. However, I only checked this for Lanwern/Usk area, haven't checked other areas, but I'm assuming if they haven't done it there, they haven't done it for the rest of the route...

Anyway, really looking forward to the pack, hopefully they'll be a scenario or 2 from them showcasing the new functionality.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

There has been a lot of posts by Armstrong Powerhouse recently, so here is some screenshots of their recent posts about details of the upcoming Signal Enhancement Pack. This is post 1 of 2 because there are more posts by Armstrong Powerhouse than I can fit in one post.

SCENARIO TRACK MARKERS
    Post 1.png

PROJECTED LIGHT
    Post 2.png
    Post 3.png

APPROACH CONTROL
    Post 4.png

WHERRY LINES UPDATE FOR THE SIGNAL ENHANCEMENT PACK
    Post 5.png

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Post 2 of 2!

MORE TRACK MARKERS
    Post 6.png

MANUAL
    Post 7.png

Because of the release of the manual, I think we are very close to the release of the Signal Enhancement Pack!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I think it is still a bit to go tbh watched the stream on Alan Thomson last night

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

24. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

lol it was only posted on facebook 5 minutes ago, were you refreshing the AP website or something?!

25. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Friend told me it was released :P

• Like Like x 1
  26. inversnecky

I had a go on a few routes, and it looks great, especially the relay sequencing.

Now AP must turn its attention to the ultimate endeavour in Train Sim improvements - a Pylon Enhancement Pack, that once and for all replaces the taut thread like transmission lines with suitably sagging graceful arcs. Then I will finally be able to sleep at night :)

• Like Like x 2
  27. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

AP Animal enhancement pack.

• Like Like x 1
  28. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

AP track audio enhencement pack.

29. gee

gee Member

Wooden post pack £14.99

30. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Passengers that don't look like zombies pack!

31. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

Having had a play with it this weekend I must say I am thoroughly impressed with what the pack is capable of and can see it getting much use, not just because of the artistic changes but, the opportunities it opens up for both scenario authors AND route authors!

• Like Like x 2
  32. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

May I ask those who have the pack if the signals have realistic visibility?
    From my time on the railway I recall that from the intended angle, even incandescent signals were bright from a driver’s perspective thanks to the signal lens. Looking at the YouTube videos I’ve seen so far, the AP signals don’t seem to stand out much, making them harder to read than in reality.

33. inversnecky

I’ve had a couple of hours on TSC since installing the EP, and haven’t noticed any visibility issues, and these were on scenarios with stormy rain.

I presume it’s a fresnel lens on the incandescents, which focuses the light.

At least the default views, where a very bright light at a distance becomes dimmer as you got close, seems more realistic now, as this doesn’t happen with the AP EP.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  34. inversnecky

Sorry I worded that poorly, Peter. I meant that it’s more realistic now because that dimming change no longer happens. Have edited my post to clarify.

35. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Armstrong Powerhouse has uploaded an image that is open for speculation. I think it is possibly teasing a new update or 2.0 version of the Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack, as there are other screenshots further down Armstrong Powerhouse's page that has new weather that I have not seen before with the Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack.
    Here's the post.
    Weather Post 1.png
    Here is another post made on the 28th of December 2022 when the Signal Enhancement Pack was first announced and it features detailed cloud patterns that I haven't seen before from the Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack which potentially hints at what I mentioned about a possible new update or version of the Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack.
    Weather Post 2.png
    Here is another post made this time on the 18th of November, 2022 which features new cloud patterns that I also haven't seen before.
    Weather Post 3.png
    I've checked the trailer and store page for the Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack and it does not show any cloud patterns like those.

There are 2 other posts with different weather that may be new weather made by Armstrong Powerhouse but I am not sure so it would be good to get some confirmation on these if anyone can tell.

This seems to be new overcast weather, but I can't tell if it's just the regular overcast weather used in the current Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack or not. I'm pretty sure it isn't.
    Weather Post 4.png

I doubt this is Armstrong Powerhouse's weather but this is another weather pattern that isn't in the Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack. I assume it is the default sky for the Huddersfield Line: Manchester - Leeds Route but I don't own that route so I cannot confirm.
    Weather Post 5.png

• Like Like x 5
  36. inversnecky

If so, it does look amazing and really adds to the realism of the scenes.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I think I saw speculation on Discord about some new Sky and Weather pack-related screenshots. I suspect it is indeed related, but we do not know yet if it will be an update or a separate pack.

• Like Like x 1
  38. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Richard was on one of Alan Thomson’s Twitch streams recently discussing the Signal EP and confirmed this is in the works. In fact, IIRC he said the Signal EP came about because be needed a break from the skies which have been hard work.

He said that the new skies in TSW3 had been a wake-up call and that he felt the need to get TSC on a par. These screenshots are definitely related to this product & I’m hoping the fact that we’re getting more means it’s not far from release.

All I can say is thankyou AP. You make this game what it is for me.

• Like Like x 3
  39. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

This ^

• Like Like x 2
  40. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I imagine it will be the same as the wherry lines update where if you own it you pay a small fee to update if not you buy the new version at full price.

won’t be a new pack AP wouldn’t have 2 weather enhancement packs and the word “update” got mentioned in the stream

Just my thought giving recent product updates

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Speculate no more..

Image2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Shots 1, 3 & 4 particularly….wow.

I suspect this is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  43. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

That looks incredible day one buy for me for sure. However no doubt the usual complaint comments will appear shortly

44. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one 390001, deffo a Day1 purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  45. KTL_Rob Powell

yup day 1 from me as well

• Like Like x 1
  46. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I also agree about a day one purchase! This pack looks absolutely amazing, I am definitely going to buy it. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  47. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Can we expect some scenarios from yourself :)

48. KTL_Rob Powell

Once I've finished what I'm currently working on you bet your bottom dollar.

People were afraid that I might lose my passion for TSC after I got my job BUT if anything it reignited it :)

49. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

Great news, good to hear you have not lost the passion, looking forward to your latest ventures.

• Like Like x 1
  50. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Excellent to hear mate have enjoyed your current offerings and I am sure your next ones will be incredible as well thank you.