Considering Buying Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Railfan1985, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Has anyone got this? If so has it improved, and by how much?, oh, ps4 btw.

2. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Last-gen consoles were hit hardest by the bugs, and while the game is said to be greatly improved thanks to patching, CPR has said that the most recent patch will be the last one that includes 8th gen. Safest buy is probably on PC, with 9th gen in second place.

As far as the game itself, I know that Sam's a big fan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I had this on a low end pc and when it first released, it was really bad. Distant trees clipping into the screen and blocking my view, multiple bugs. I still beat it but really annoying.
    I got an external gpu and it looked and ran great and beat it a second time although I made a wrong decision so couldn't do the full game (don't want to spoil it). It's best if you play it on a next gen console or pc just for a better experience. Story wise, I didn't really enjoy it. But still enjoyed my 100+ hours on it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Railfan1985

Thanks guys, i asked here as i don't fully trust reviews. I do, however trust users of these forums. Its a no go for me. Shame the way CDPR went.

5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

If you're planning on getting a PS5, I'd buy it for that. The PS4 version wasn't great, the performance was rather disappointing, although Fallout 4 didn't perform much better on PS4 either. On PS5 though, it's impressive. Easily one of the best games I've ever played.

6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Probably because I'm a cyberpunk nerd.

The last time I played it was yesterday. Finished the game 4 times and keep going again with different character variations. Nothing quite like it for making you feel like a total badass from the get-go.The story's good, side quests are solid, driving is only so-so, but overall it's a very immersive experience - if the setting is something that appeals you won't be sorry.

Caveat: I've played it since launch (on a good+ PC) and only experienced a few bugs the entire time. As mentioned above, it was last generation consoles who got the worst of it. It is now smoothed out on all platforms as far as I'm aware.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

PS4 version won't be getting more updates. Frankly the 8th gen versions should never have existed, this isn't a game that's built for that decade old hardware. If you're getting it on console, it can wait until you get a PS5, it really needs modern CPU and GPU hardware features from the last five years to properly function. They got it into a barely playable state on last gen and handled a bunch of the bugs but the cost was quite high in other areas. On MS hardware, it runs reasonably in the Series S performance mode, where it manages 60fps at a lower resolution, using FSR2 to bump up fidelity, so that's a cheaper option if you cannot afford/find a PS5. It really is the lowest end hardware that can realistically run CP77. Basically runs it with similar performance and quality to my Ayaneo handheld (though the Aya can handle high pedestrian density).

It's an absolutely fantastic game and I've had multiple bug free playthroughs on Series X and PC. But its launch will always be marred by the fact that the greedy suits up top insisted it had to release on hardware where trying to run it is like trying to run Half Life Alyx in VR on a Commodore C64.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I bought it in physical version on release day to play it on ps4. As everyone knows, that was a load of rubbish. The old gen consoles were a big drag on this game and there should never have been a version for them.

But CD Project did pretty well from there, they worked hard with a lot of patches and now it's a very enjoyable game.

They also made the refund available to us and in a few days I got my money back. And best of all, they never asked me to return my copy, so I was left with a free game that I've been able to enjoy a lot on ps5 since the next gen update is free.

It's not perfect, but it's a great game with a very interesting and adult narrative. If you like the cyberpunk genre you will enjoy it a lot.

When the expansion comes out I will buy it to thank them for the work they have done with this game. At the beginning they did a very bad job creating false expectations that they couldn't meet and even hiding information but in my opinion they have managed to redeem themselves.

9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

This. I reckon this was the worst mistake they made and I remember Sam alluding to this when asked on stream back then. They let the hype run entirely out of control and that came back to bite them. Personally speaking, I never bought into any of the marketing, I completely avoided any promotional material and as a result, I was amazed at what I got and the game exceeded many of my expectations while others fell somewhat short. As Sam said, if you're into the genre at all, it's an absolute marvel. I wholeheartedly recommend it if you've got the hardware for it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I have been circling it for a while, but as others have said, i'll wait until I get a PS5. A good example why not to buy games at launch.

11. Railfan1985

As others have said, i shall wait until i buy a ps5.that will be a bloody long while lol, i ain't paying exorbitant prices for a console. I ain't buying a pc either. Cheers for your inputs folks, it really is appreciated :)

12. It's a really good game. Still a bit buggy but nothing serious.
    On my 4th play. There's a few different endings and a few different ways to go about playing it.
    A lot of exploring to do and a lot of secrets to find.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

As I said, the Series S is a viable option. But it's still a lot if you are not planning on using it for more games.

Otherwise, hold out, I did until the current gen console versions released and picked it up in a sale. You might be able to pick up a complete copy with the expansion on the cheap by the time you can afford a PS5

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Railfan1985

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Thats how i got my ps4.