Lirr Gameplay Tip To Stay On Schedule.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 410nick, Nov 29, 2018.

1. 410nick

410nick Member

Heres a gameplay tip for those of you currently playing on Lirr. When it comes to using the door override key, just move the cursor a bit to the right or left of the keyhole to take it out. The end of the key is used for turning. Also you can leave the key in to keep the doors activated until you're finished the service. Its optional. I preferably only take the key in and out of the doors to the left of the engineers panel because not many stations serve that side when in transit. It's more realistic that way. Another tip is if you happen to receive a penalty brake, or accidentally trigger the emergency brakes, you only need to reset the throttle to full service brake (Max Brake) and then charge the cylinder back to 90 psi which you will be allowed to continue moving in no time. No need to set the reverser to neutral and no need to wait a minute or 2.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ElvPak

ElvPak New Member

For me as long as the brakes are still activated then I can close the doors by using the D-pad. When I was setting it back to 'coast' I was finding I couldn't lock the doors again (with D-pad or cursor).

Quickest way for me now is to lock the doors, then set the controller back to coast whilst the doors are closing. Then whack it straight up to 5 to move off as soon as the doors are locked.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sgtharley5050

sgtharley5050 New Member

what dose the door zone button do

• Like Like x 1
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Sometimes you can close the doors only if the train is braked or max braked. So, to be sure, and to optimize my time, as the train stop I open the doors and immediately "prepare" the train to close the doors: (open doors)->put the brake at 10 (max brake)->hold LB to re-charge brake pressure->waiting for start signal->close doors->to be sure hold LB again 'till brake pressure is charged and the orange arrow in the hud reach the start position. start position is when the orange arrow pointing the minute /35/ in a imaginary traditional clock->Hold or press RT to move the train.

As general, the tip of the orange arrow focused to the start postion is one of the keys of "how to move this fuc***g train" in almost all TSW locomotives.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

If you stop at a Train Station regular, without using the Emergency Brake, you dont have to recharge the brake pressure.

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. But also when I stop perfectly along the platform and at 0 yd from the stop target, so, without move accidentally my brake lever or combo lever to 11 (where 11 is the emergency brake), and if after the stop I move my brake to 0 (indle position), i noticed that sometimes when I use the shortkey (hold dpad-left: lock doors) the doors I closed (left or right side) are still open, and if I repeat they are still open... so, I noticed that if when I stop the train I increase to 10 the brake effort (10 = max brake), later, when I close the doors they will closed for sure at 100% of the attempts. So, why I hold the same LB also if Im sure Im not used the emergency brake? Simply because when we open the car doors the brake pressure arrows changes from their "operating" position (specially for the little orange arrow that move far from the start/initial/operative position, where the start position in /35/ and the arrow position with the doors open is |30| or \25\). It come back focused to the start position /35/ only after I closed the doors (and/or In cause of emergency brake activated, also after I re-charged the brake pressure, but I cant see that if the doors are open). So, to not have surprises after closed the door when I'll press RT to move the train (if the orange arrow is not positioned to the initial point /35/ the train cant move...the 95% of TSW trains cant move) I use this tip to hold the same LB and hear if the brake pressure need to be re-charged. note: /35/ is the point/minutes where the arrow have to pointing in an imaginary clock.

7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Ah okay, fair enough.
    Personally i hadnt much issues getting the train moving again.
    I just figured that you always need to be at least at minimum brake before you close the doors. If you are in Neutral the doors wont close.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

This game says that combined lever like in M7 or in Talent 2 are not my friends :D the little precision of the joypad make the rest. So I feel more relaxing if i move the brake to the max and if I make a sort of check-in procedure before to move my train :D

• Like Like x 1