The New Home Of Train Sim World Discussion!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Jan 16, 2023.

1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

You might want to double-check your perception filter there. The front page of the Creators' forum has posts dating back to October. Screenshot contests have had barely any impact.

2. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Hate it, makes finding stuff harder if you want specific console answers.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

It’s not working in my opinion, as I thought the discussion is awash with moAning posts and pc stuff that I’m not really interested in seeing, it worked well before should’ve left it that way

• Like Like x 6
  4. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Yea don't like it either. Miles easier to just load up the forum and check what was going on PS wise. Too much hassle now.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

It's awful, i have no interest in pc. I use these forums alot less now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Can we please switch polls back off? The separate forums were much better without them

• Like Like x 2
  7. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

This. There's three pointless polls in circulation. Turn the feature off, permanently

• Like Like x 1
  8. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

No step back!

• Like Like x 1
  9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I actually like it. I think you have a much better overview of what is going on. I like to see what other platform users are saying about the game. I do understand why other dislike it if they just want to see posts of their own platform. Would it be possible for a user to set a filter on this subforum so they only get to see platform specific topics if they need to?

• Like Like x 3
  10. PHJ-MGF

I'm not particularly bothered what is occurring on other platforms, if you are looking for a solution or help with something or wanting to find out if others are having the same issues with new DLC etc, then you need those to be from people on the same platform you are using, these are just now lost in a million posts that you have no interest in, but each to their own, I know I'd much sooner have the dedicated forums for each platform.

• Like Like x 2
  11. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I'm quite certain you can click on the tag to see posts with only that tag. For example, if you click on the tag of a post that says "Playstation" you will only see posts with a "Playstation" tag.

12. antwerpcentral

I do not agree with that. I've seen multiple discussions on the Xbox forum about bugs, the discussion went kinda of rail because the discussion pointed at the lack of support for Xbox. After weeks in that discussion someone from the Playstation forum joins and the discussion goes of the rails again because now the lack of support for consoles all together has become the centre of the discussion. Someone with a PC joins the discussion after a few weeks and identifies the same problem.

A PC user also can help you with a problem on consoles. Sure they will also say stuff like "buy a PC" but that's the internet :D

Sweet, This feature should be highlighted a bit more because that is what most people are asking for in this topic. You can turn this forum into a platform specific forum.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. PHJ-MGF

Fabulous, thanks for that little nugget of wisdom.

14. antwerpcentral

It would be nice to have those tags at the top of sub forum so you can select it from the heading

• Like Like x 1
  15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

imo this is a mess and asking for chaos, much cleaner to have separate forums.

• Like Like x 5
  16. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

We still need the forum participants to educate themselves on what each forum is about. I'm seeing technical issues raised in this forum, I'm seeing suggestions posted in this forum, and I'm seeing discussions with the platform applied albeit the topic is not platform specific.
    Of course, all the above could be mitigated by a proper forum moderator, but all we have is the censor telling us what we can and cannot discuss. While I understand the need for censure, the moderator could also take care of the other aspects of the job, like moving threads to the right forum, or applying/removing tags as needed.

• Like Like x 5
  17. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

I want to remind community member to be kind and NO CUSSING OUT NEGATIVE WORDS!!!!...

• Like Like x 1
  18. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

What about rude gestures? Can we do them instead of swear words? Lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

hey I know I will sound like a 5 year old impatient non-grass touching kid by asking this but when will a new Intercity-Express generation come to TSW? (note that you should keep out the class 407 from all your idea lists as it's already being developed as a mod)

• Like Like x 1
  20. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

When it's on the roadmap however long that may be

• Like Like x 1
  21. simpman

simpman Well-Known Member

Am I crazy or are a lot of posts missing? For example, if I do filter -> Playstation and scroll down there is only one post from 2022.

22. aeronautic237

upload_2023-7-11_11-19-59.png
    I have this on the first page, and plenty from 2021 and before (about 6-7 pages worth of Playstation threads)

Have you actually gone on to page two and three (or further) of the threads?

23. simpman

simpman Well-Known Member

2022.PNG

I was referring to the fact that it goes from Jan 2023 - Apr 2021 with only one post from 2022 which was previously a sticky but thanks for showing me the first page and confirming that there are posts from 2023 & 2021. Have you actually gone to the second page?

So I figure either a lot of posts are missing completely or some weren't properly tagged Playstation when they came from the Playstation section during the merge. Just letting the team know so they can investigate.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  24. aeronautic237

Oh I see I misunderstood. Yes it is strange that only one thread has come up from 2022. I wonder why that is the case. Well spotted!

• Like Like x 1
  25. airbusfan1330

airbusfan1330 Active Member

Well both He and DTG are also making an vectron so... what's the issue if DTG wants to make the an 407 too?

• Like Like x 2
  26. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

- more bugs
    - spelling mistakes
    - other inaccuracies such as wrong fonts for the Bordrestaurant text
    - placing bets that DTG will do another DSK livery when we already have enough on the Class 403

27. airbusfan1330

Rather have an DTG 407 so both consoles and PC can have it and so it can include scenarios and TSG sounds etc

28. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

it is how it is. guess that it'll be ready somewhen in 2024, but eh. patience is power

29. rennekton#1349

The modders would still have access to sounds and be able to make it sound like the real thing even if it is just for pc

30. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

literally just wanted to say that aswell. Modders do make better sounds, take an example on the ICE 1 Enhancement Pack which even adds another variant! (going little off-topic now but according to the Enhancement Pack and reallife sounds, DTG apparently rebuilt the IGBT variant of the ICE 1, however with the most horrifying sounds ever heard (at least to me, as a german railfan))

• Like Like x 1
  31. rennekton#1349

That was actually done by tsg and the sound recordings and resources he had available.

32. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

still bad, still bad, still bad. my point still stands, the ICE 1 EP is awesome

33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Considering the huge number of German locos and MUs people are clamoring for, current and vintage, and the fact the game already has three ICEs, adding yet another can't be a priority. After all, the driving experience of a 403 and a 407 along a Schnellfahrstrecke under LZB can't be all that different.

I'd much rather see a FLIRT, a Desiro, a 120, a 140 and a 151 come to the game. Not to mention the loooong wait for the 218.

• Like Like x 1
  34. airbusfan1330

Imo either an Desiro or an Twindexx

35. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

Desiro HC exists as a mod (sorry console gamers) but thats for now a private project,so it can't be released due to licensing issues

to me its not just the driving experience. it's the look and the sound, that adds more ICE variation to the game. we have three ICEs, yes, but you could also say that it's just two, because 403 and 406 don't have any big differences... another ICE helps out with the issue of not enough... or atleast thats what I think.

36. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes I agree some more variety of the modern EMU's would be good and there seem to be some interesting German DMU's too, some single carriage ones I have seen in some videos. Linke Rheinstrecke surely will see some suitabel loco DLC at some point, especially as it appears the 110 is being wrong overutilised on freight workings. A 120 and 140 are the top of my wishlist. I am very much looking forward to the 420 EMU too.

The upcoming Vectron should hopefully add something a little different too.

37. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  38. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

yeah I'm gonna go and play some video games on a goddamn locomotive

39. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Good way to get a SPAD that