Upcoming Release Us Passenger Bundle - Acela's Arrival Into Train Sim World!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Feb 16, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

[​IMG]

Continuing from the exciting US freight-focused article, we thought we would take a look at what's to come for the American passenger content arriving in Train Sim World 3 on February 21st. So, join us as we pick up the pace and some passengers along the way!

Arriving on Train Sim World 3 on the 21st of February are loads of awesome new American Add-Ons. In addition to the US freight Add-Ons we showed you in yesterday's preview article- check it out here - we have plenty to get Railfans of American passenger trains excited. A brand-new route out of the Big Apple, Northeast Corridor: New York – Trenton; America's fastest train, Amtrak's Acela®; and an update to a fan favourite route, Northeast Corridor: Boston – Providence. Oh, and if you're looking to bolster your U.S. passenger collection, we have a great-value bundle to grab all these in one fell swoop.

So, without further ado, let's board Amtrak’s Acela®, explore the Northeast Corridor, and see what makes the United States' premier High-speed train so popular with Railfans!
    (link: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/acela-arrival-tsw3)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

First.
    Hyped for the Acela btw!

• Like Like x 2
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So DTG Alex Can we confirm that:-

There are or no LIRR layers in the scenarios (if you have the LIRR installed on your version of TSW 3)
    No CSX locos Idlling in Yards
    Are there Wagons in the Yards.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  4. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a miracle but I think we all knew nothing was going to change. Hopefully We get a new timetable in the future. Until this happens I will skip this DLC.......

• Like Like x 5
  5. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Pretty disappointing article to be honest. It would have been nice to see some new screenshots or even gameplay, especially now when the preview stream has been delayed. The article had pretty much nothing that we didn't already know about the NYC-Trenton and the Acela.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

I would like to know what performance issue? Is it an 8th gen issue or both issue?

7. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Yeah, no new pictures at all pretty disappointing usually when they do an article update, they will post pictures of it, but I am guessing we all know that no changes are going to happen, :| Oh well :|:(

• Like Like x 2
  8. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Well that was dissapointing not even new screenshots of the route. Seems like nothing has changed for the route & layers. Hopefully Mondays Stream will somehow prove us wrong but I highly doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I will wait to see what the feedback comes like on the Acela before purchase, recent releases show that’s the best way unfortunately.

Any number on how many services this brings to Boston Sprinter ?

regarding the stream delay, I wish speedy recovery to who is unwell, additionally I think with the original stream already being so close to launch, a delay to even 2 hours before release won’t make any difference unfortunately…

• Like Like x 1
  10. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

If DTG don’t answer your questions this week, the roadmap stream has your answer already from Matt.

anyways great article

• Like Like x 1
  11. MAX1319

Just shows how much effort the put on the US content. In my opinion is not acceptable and disappointed at the content that's being released
    289 total services.........no mention of any AI trains.......
    82 total NJT passenger services........
    No LIRR trains
    No freight
    No new PIS
    Reused scenery from tsw2020 NEC
    No new NY skyline…….
    3 US DLC content...one preview
    Unbelievable. In my opinion This would not happen if it was UK or a German DLC.

• Like Like x 16
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This is so true. Also the fact that the route will be previewed a day before release makes me believe that nothing will change before release

• Like Like x 1
  13. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Recently with new add-ons there has been these "10 things to know"-videos. If there's one for NYC-Trenton, it would be cool if you could release it this week. That way we could at least have some new info about the route. It's pre-recorded anyway, so it's just the matter of releasing it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think we just read an advertisement for their US passenger bundle & not an article about the Acela.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Bruh, these are all the same info and pictures we already knew and saw. Would it have been that hard to have at least a few new screenshots included? Sorry, but this one was quite a weak article.

Also, the recommendation of the LIRR route and the LIRR M3 on the bottom of the article was just a slap on the face, lol.
    "Hey, remember that route that is famously bad, lacks traffic and full of bugs? The only use of that route would be if it at least layered into this new route we are making, but it does not! Anyway, would you like to buy it?"

• Like Like x 19
  16. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Like other stated, would of been nice to get more photos or info on the Acela and the route, this just seems to repeat what we already know with photos that have already been seen.

17. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

If US content got the same treatment as the UK or German content, then this new route would have 5 times more traffic in the timetable, freight and LIRR layers and even LIRR would've been updated to include AI trains from this route at NY Penn. They might've even used the Amtrak AEM-7 instead of the ACS-64, and then if you have both Boston Sprinter and this one, then you could've used both Amtrak locomotives on both routes with substitution.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MAX1319

Even Sursee/Luzern route (one loco) has more total services (290) including AI than the NEC NY Trenton route (3 locos, 2 cabcars) of 289 total (no mention of any AI)........let that sink in.......... if you think this route is a proper representation of the NEC ..........

• Like Like x 6
  19. TripleJ814

Ok now that’s funny, LuzernSursee having more services than the busiest rail line in the USA.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

We literally haven't even seen the bilevel cab car yet.

• Like Like x 3
  21. AtherianKing

upload_2023-2-16_16-50-54.jpeg

Not great when the promotion shots highlight a bug… 07:59 to the “land without a name”

• Like Like x 1
  22. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Boy i hope to see some CSAO action on NYP to Trenton.

23. antony.henley

But you also forgot to add the "WORK IN PROGRESS" wording as well that follows all the promotional gumph.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

For Scenarios:
    • All have LIRR
    • Most have static freight, with 1 having moving freight
    For Timetables:
    The only layer is the Acela, so no freight or CSX

• Like Like x 3
  25. MAX1319

I’m sure we don’t have to worry about the new signals having any issues……. All greens ahead

• Like Like x 2
  26. tallboy7648

Which means little to nothing given DTG's past

• Like Like x 1
  27. AtherianKing

the bugs the same that’s been their since rush hour so 2 years + work in progress tag

• Like Like x 1
  28. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

That makes zero sense. All the time went into adding them in scenarios but not in timetable mode. Clearly taking shortcuts to finish the route

• Like Like x 15
  29. tallboy7648

It'll be interesting to figure out why routes like kassel-wurzburg, Dresden-Cheminz, London Commuter, Bremen-Oldenburg and others can have non playable ai services that can only be seen at one station yet this route can't have the lirr m7 and m3 at penn station when the trains are already in the game.

• Like Like x 3
  30. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

We look forward to the launch!

• Like Like x 1
  31. antony.henley

Probably as it would create Instability on Gen 8 consoles?

Hentis

32. antony.henley

Thanks Alex.

33. porawit

porawit Member

stop complaining like a child Well, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  34. tallboy7648

There is also gen 9 and PC. DTG have made seperate timetables for gen8 and gen 9/pc for routes like London Commuter or Bremen Oldenburg. So I don't see why they can't add it for gen 9 and pc when layers were added for gen 9 and pc only in the past on the routes I have named

• Like Like x 3
  35. tallboy7648

People are entitled to an opinion. If you don't like it, you can just ignore it and not respond

• Like Like x 21
  36. AtherianKing

I don’t recall Bremen and Thrandter but I don’t think London Commuter has any Ai only for Gen 8, layers are Gen 9 only

37. antony.henley

Yep understand that but If Gen 8 are paying £30 for a product that has less timetable services / content than Gen 9 /PC then they will moan. They have moaned about it in the past.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  38. MAX1319

So this issue only exists on this route but not on Gen 8 for routes like kassel-wurzburg, Dresden-Cheminz, London Commuter, Bremen-Oldenburg.
    Sorry I don't buy it
    Gen 9 and PC should be separate like they had done in the past
    Again if this was a UK or German route this would not happen

• Like Like x 3
  39. tallboy7648

The layers for Dresden-Cheminz at Dresden HBF were for gen 9 and pc only

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. tallboy7648

Not an excuse to not have it on pc and gen 9 if it was it was done in the past. Gen 8 isn't nor should be an scapegoat to exclude something. Other games sometimes have different settings for both gen 8 and gen9/pc so again I don't see an issue here as to why it can't be included for gen9/pc when they have done it in the past.

The M3 and M7 are also A and B car. It's a two car emu that couple to other two car emus to make a longer train

• Like Like x 4
  41. gobig#1834

gobig#1834 Member

It's been clear for a long time..US routes, like xbox users are 2nd class citizens in Dovetail land. What say you DOVETAIL.

• Like Like x 3
  42. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

For scenarios, is the LIRR DLC seperately required, or is the refererenced stock included in this route? If the LIRR DLC is seperately required, does this mean that the scenario cannot be completed if you do not own LIRR, or do the LIRR layers provided scenery only with no impact on gameplay?

For scenarios, is the SPG DLC seperately required, or is the refererenced stock included in this route? If the SPG DLC is seperately required, does this mean that the scenario cannot be completed if you do not own SPG, or do the SPG layers provided scenery only with no impact on gameplay?

43. TripleJ814

It’s kinda… weird to focus on Scenarios that someone will probably play once or twice and then forget about it, rather than the timetable

• Like Like x 9
  44. TripleJ814

Scenarios can also have layers, the static freight and LIRR just wouldn’t appear if you don’t have the content, works the same as timetable layers.

• Like Like x 1
  45. MAX1319

I would had never had predicted the NEC NY to Trenton route would only have around 41 Playable passenger services from Penn to Secaucus junction on NJT in a 24 timetable. that's basically only 30% of the NJT traffic that's being represented in this route.

• Like Like x 2
  46. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

They put as much effort into the article as they did into NYC-Trenton.

• Like Like x 6
  47. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think this comparison with European dlc is a little misguided. I don't have the more recent German routes but British fans have not been killing the fatted calf recently with routes such as SOS, BCC and E-G. The same complaints I'm reading here about lack of services and AI and omissions of yards and other artifacts were also heard for the aforementioned routes.

The only valid comparison would be with BML which we all thought was setting the standard for passenger routes a year and a half ago. That's what we should expect from NY-Trenton plus the missing Rush Hour passengers, which MP assured us were " switched on " for Trenton.

So, we Americans may feel hard done by this release, but we're no worse off than the Brits.

Yes, recent passenger routes like BCC and (maybe ) Trenton might lack the busyness of typical commuter routes, but the modeling is quite good, leaving aside the scenery omissions.

When the stream for Trenton finally arrives, I'm expecting to see a well-modeled route with good-looking trains, but a rather sparse timetable and quiet termini.

We were all spoiled by BML, the standard of which has not been repeated. Trenton was DTG's opportunity to resurrect that feature set.

• Like Like x 6
  48. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm still seeing that the feedback about a new content only bundle without stuff we've already bought is being ignored.

I too shall be dismissive to opening my wallet until existing customers are considered by the retail team.

• Like Like x 10
  49. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Although generally speaking you are correct, and most likely in this instance as well, I think what I am trying to ascertain is whether or not the layers contribute to the gameplay in these specific scenarios, for this specific route. My take on this is, why even bother having layers for scenarios, if you did not include them for timetable mode, unless there is some sort of gameplay interaction you want to show. We don't have enough information to definitively say what purpose these layers have in the scenarios. And of course, as I admit they are probably just decorative after all, that might raise the question of why then they cannot be in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 1
  50. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Could it be that the m3 and m7 were left out cuz it would just be static and possibly with the amount of traffic at penn with amtrak, acela and njt, meaning if the m3 and m7 are just static, it would just impede traffic and cause other problems where trains could get stuck and stuff? Of course it's not bml level of busy but could it be that there are no additional layers cuz of no space if the m3 and m7 just take up track and don't move anywhere