Are You Preordering The Trans Pennine Route For Xbox One

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GothicMatt, Dec 19, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Not Yet But I Plan To

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Not Going to

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Have you pre-ordered the route yet?

2. Ken

Ken New Member

I enjoy running the BR period in TS1 on PC. Looking forward to seeing how it looks in TSW for XBox. Hoping the freight dlc come's out soon.

3. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

Not without a pre order discount. I'll buy it a few months after release in a sale.

4. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

I certainly don't plan on pre ordering unless they apply the discount :/ still waiting for a mod to explain the reasoning behind this

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I plan on pre ordering it, but for now i´m waiting a bit longer. I would like to get clarification first about the missing Preorder discount on Xbox, while the PS4 has that discount. I would like to hear an offical statement about that first.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HopesAnchor131

Wow Alex, how mature. Stupid little boy.

7. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

What's he done or said?

8. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

The pre order discount will be Microsofts/sonys choice not dovetails so we cant really blame them for that. i personally will be getting this dlc on release as i think it will be a long while before a sale and i want future dlc to be worth bringing to xbox!

• Like Like x 1
  9. HopesAnchor131

He was spamming spiders... Then I was told to F Off.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Can I just ask why those who voted 'yes' and 'I plan too' voted that way? I don't see the advantage to preordering as there is no discount and no bonus content.

According to the description on the Xbox and PS4 store fronts the console version is coming with freight:

It's probably just DTG's marketing being inept though.

11. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

With the lack of feedback from the devs I think it's safe to say the pricing on xbox wasn't a mistake :/

The only reason for the price difference is either greed or the install base is much lower on xbox so they feel they have charge more to recoup dev costs.

As for pre ordering why bother? Much safer to wait to hear early impressions from early adopters and save some cash if it's a buggy mess ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Yeah about the freight thing, I brought that up in a different thread aswell and tagged staff but haven't got an answer.
    Funny that the marketing department is doing the same error again like with the steam description in the beginning.

I doubt they include the freight addon in the Console Version.

About the preorder, I usually do it so that the game is ready on release day when I come off work. To not loose track of some things I'm interested in.
    I won't be billed on Xbox until around 10 days before release so it's not a disadvantage either.

Sure the preorder bonus would have been nice, since they did it on PC and PS4. Still curious about an official statement about the reasoning.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Oh how rude

14. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I voted not yet but i plan to because i like the look of the route and have bought every dlc so far

15. Ken

Ken New Member

My vote was "Not yet but Plan To". Hoping to see a possible discount on the price, but still interested enough in this route to pay the full price if necessary. From what I've read on this forum, it doesn't look like the route will come initially with freight, but a DLC seems to be in the works to add it. Like "xD 2Bad4You" stated above, if I pre-order it will automatically install when it's available. One less thing to try to remember.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

I'll pre-order it in January, I was a bit reluctant to at first but being more my era I've changed my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

I haven't bought anything since that bloody awful, bug filled and boring Somerset dlc. I so badly want RSN, but until they actually Fix the game instead of trying to make as much money as quickly as possible by releasing buggy dlc's, and show that they actually give a crap about their customers, (plus make the game look half decent by bringing the visuals and performance up to the standards expected of today's games, because at the moment the game looks like something from the first Xbox era), then bit only will I refuse to buy anymore of their overpriced dlc's, but I simply refuse to play the game, it's a piece of game that isn't worthy of my time. Don't get me wrong, I desperately want to love the game, and I love trains and the concept of a train simulator, but when it's done as badly as TSW, and the developer doesn't fix the core issues or, from what I've heard, refuse to revisit dlc's to fix major faults, (though I don't know if it's actually true), well, I just don't feel Dovetail Games deserve my custom anymore. Maybe if more people boycotted their TSW until they fix the game instead of just buying buggy dlc after buggy dlc, then it might make them sit up and pay attention and do something about the problems. Plus they need to change it so it can run on a 64 bit process and 4k graphics with HDR. What the hell were they thinking releasing such a basic game in the first place? I know there's probably plenty of people who don't agree with me on the quality of the game, the low definition graphics and terrible performance, but come on we shouldn't have to put up with such mediocrity in a video game, not when we have pretty powerful consoles that the game still can't take advantage of. I hope it gets better one day, but until then, I won't be paying much attention to it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Exactly my point. And it doesn't appear from the comments on the forum, that anything has changed. The game and dlc's are a buggy mess and if the install base is in fact much lower on xbox, maybe they need to ask themselves why. Could it be that there are many, many other games to play that are of a much higher standard, in every conceivable way. We are a finiky bunch if gamers. If a game isn't up to standard, and TSW isn't, and if the developers almost completely ignore thier customers cries for help and refuse to accept that there's major issues with the game, and worse still refuse to fix those glaring issues, even like me they will leave the game and play something worthwhile. I mean for gods sake, not only does it not take advantage of the Xbox one x's power, but the game doesn't even have any vibration feedback in the controller. I would have thought that would be fundamental to making a simulation game as controller feedback provides so much more sensory impact and immersion in a game. Without it, a game like TSW is imo anyway, just plain boring. When I play train simulator on my PC whilst using an xbox controller, it just feels so much better. To feel the vibrations of the tracks and the train is awesome Once I found out that TS supported vibration feedback, and then went and played TSW on console, the difference was like chalk and cheese and it was after that where TSW on console lost me, along with the terrible graphics, game performance and bugs of course.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Couldn’t agree more, when you see some of the games even on the basic One, let alone the X, i cant see how this can look so bad.

As for the bugs, there’s really no excuse not to address them or at least acknowledge that they will fix them.

There’s a good game in there, but I won’t be buying any more dlc, even at the sale price, which is the kind of price it should be generally, without being on sale.

• Like Like x 3
  20. HopesAnchor131

I played GWE for the first time after a few months yesterday and I must say it’s a massive improvement (playing on an X) FPS seems near locked to 60, graphics seem cleaner, texture flickering is gone and just a few stutters. Just wish they’d release all content like that.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

Completely agree, although I did buy RSN as it was on sale. Haven't played it yet. If it doesn't live up to my expectations it will be many moons before I even think about supporting this game any further

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

33 coming Tuesdayand NTP the week after. Unless the console port is an unsightly mess. We are getting to the good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

maybe :cool:

24. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I nearly bought this again today but as I only play the scenarios it’s just not a £25 dlc for me which is a shame as I like the content

25. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

You should im really enjoying the route