Route Linke Rheinstrecke - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

You're right, and I get that - I can live with it as well. My reply was mainly aimed at the possible argument of "too far away to include". I did not expect them to do much on the other side of the river.

2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I think the ongoing rebuilding of the m-Wagen may have contributed to them lasting very long in outdated paint schemes aswell though, with the thinking being 'we'll do it when we rebuild them into IR coaches, then we don't have to paint them twice'. Don't know the exact detail on that, but from a quick google search I wasn't able to find a single image of a mint green m-Wagen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

for anyone interested here’s the number of tasks on MML

Attached Files:

4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Oh, one thing I did notice which was not picked up at the time. There seemed to be a stretch of the Rhine that was either missing water, or had the wrong texture. Timestamp in the image so it's easy to figure out where it was if it's not been fixed yet.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 231650.png

• Like Like x 11
  5. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Could you share your ini settings with DTG so that they could implement it on the console versions of TSW3? They're clearly at a loss on how to fix their game.

• Like Like x 3
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Have just watched the stream. The route looks lovely, definitely some of the nicest scenery I have seen in TSW. The 103 looks great too, as do the re-liveried carriages. I do think it would benefit from more variety though, I hope a proper freight loco comes soon.

• Like Like x 3
  7. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Maybe they ran out of time so the river will not be included upon release :D

• Like Like x 5
  8. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

- Some feedback of the stream, I know this is a preview but at times it felt there was way too much marketing speak throughout i.e. 'wow just look at how good this is...' etc. I'd prefer more of a balanced approach with more facts, more players questions from the forums answered instead of what seemed mainly the preview stream chat, and any acknowledgment of bugs spotted. Not a major complaint, just some feedback - thanks for the stream nonetheless.
    - Route looked very nice, loving the picturesque views of the river. However, some of the longer distance scenery, especially the hills, looked a bit sparse. Also, after one of the tunnels, ironically they mention about the lighting, but while speaking about that, it looked like simultaneously there was missing water textures of the river?
    - While there seemed to be quite a bit of traffic (those from the playable services at least), overall the route still felt a bit lifeless. This seemed especially noticeable for the lack of AI-only services at bigger stations such as Mainz and Klobenz for example which ruins the immersion; where's all the AI traffic? Also, the lack of variety with hardly any existing rolling stock used means the timetable felt sparser compared with Bremen and Kassel too.
    - Quite impressed that the regional services, or at least the one shown with the 110 in the preview stream, are up to approximately an hour and 40 minutes long, which is good value for money.
    - Quite a nice touch with the leafs in the wind.
    - Noticed quite a few constant stutters/micropauses which is concerning; I sometimes wish we didn't have the TOD 4 lighting as most of the older routes seem to be much more stable with hardly any micropauses, at least that's what I experience on Series X.
    - No scenario planner for the route shown which is a shame!
    - Overall, I might get this route in the future, mainly for use with scenario planner to use more existing German content, but not majorly excited to get it so soon. Just to add, obviously the brand-new era has its own factors, namely the lack of rolling stock etc, so it's a bit unfair to directly compare with modern routes which is fair enough. But, however, if comparing gameplay value alone then it does feel quite lacking overall to previous German content.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It will release together with the new NYT timetable. :D

• Like Like x 6
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't object to them appearing in ocean blue and ivory, which IMHO was the most attractive livery DB has ever used (not counting the TEE)

11. orb

orb Well-Known Member

The route looks quite nice... I'll get it when it's -60% off. Hopefully until then bugs are fixed and maybe even PIS added. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. jolojonasgames

It sure was a good livery. I prefer the produktfarben myself (so I'm counting myself a luck man this month), but on a lot of the classic locos ocean blue and ivory just looked best. A saw a picture of a BR 110 with a rake of m-Wagen all in that livery yesterday, and it was stunning.

I think I like the '90s so much because it had both of DB's best liveries: Produktfarben and Blue/Beige (and of course a bit of extra TEE)

• Like Like x 3
  13. solicitr

The produktfarben coaches were fine (I especially like the IRs' two-tone blue), but unfortunately they came with Orientrot locos, which to me was an unattractive color even before it immediately started to fade (and that awful white bib!). The other problem with produktfarben was that, while in principle an attractive idea, the reality of rail operations meant lots of mismatched consists. With Ozeanblau everything worked with everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jolojonasgames

I don't know, I always liked it, but that's partially because the 110 is my favourite loco and that livery was designed with it in mind. It did always clash with the rounder shapes of earlier locos, even though I've developed a sweetspot for orient red on those aswell. Matter of taste of course.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

I find the trackbed rather bland (probably for performance reasons, but still bland nonetheless).
    Screenshot_20230309-170048.png Screenshot_20230309-170039.png

• Like Like x 5
  16. jolojonasgames

Yeah, that was quite noticable around Mainz Hbf, seems quite bland indeed.

• Like Like x 3
  17. solicitr

I got the impression that on the stream they had visual quality turned down, probably to keep the framerate up.

18. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Cat was awesome though Screenshot_20230309-171634~2.png

• Like Like x 12
  19. jolojonasgames

Hmm, that might actually make the rest of the route look even better when I'm running it on my PC :)

20. bidibul#3139

bidibul#3139 Active Member

The colors are very bland, the jerks are still there, the decor is very poor in places, in short, it's deteriorating more and more.
    I would not say but TSW1 seemed better finished at the time and it was fluid!
    It's really a shame to rush the work every time, this road has everything to please and you don't finish once again

• Like Like x 4
  21. Asyedan

Asyedan Member

I got a refund from NY-Trenton to my Steam wallet, and used a little bit in something for another game. I initially wanted to spend the remaining funds on the Deluxe upgrade for Transport Fever 2 which released today, but then i saw the Rheinstrecke and noticed the leftover wallet cash was just enough to buy it with the prepurchase discount.

So, i got it already, because it is a safe choice - if i like it, then great. If i dont, i am simply using money i already spent on NYT originally. So i could get another refund and wait for Niddertalbahn instead. But ideally i want both of them, so i hope this one can be good enough, even if not perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The route needs a dedicated freight locomotive that's where DB Baureihe 150 is absolutely needed however on train tv Berlin video you will see a DB Baureihe 140 N-wagen Hochwasser Bingen am Rhein

23. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I know there is a requirement to sell in these streams, however Im sure there are many of this that recognise

1. oh it's great
    2. This is my favourite part
    3. It's beautiful
    4. It looks really good
    5. The performance is really good
    6. The sounds great

As

85% proof snake oil

Those parts of the language structure become invisible and/or invisible words in stream due to overuse.
    Bit like an excited cat at times in a room of chilled dogs

AF83AF84-875A-4C4A-AE30-48949CEBF6DC.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 13
  24. solicitr

I would argue for the 140, because the 150 would essentially be a one-trick pony, whereas the 140 can be derived from the existing 110, and be further modded into the 141 and/or 139. The Einheits principle works for DTG, too.
    If we want an older heavy freight loco I would go with the 151.

• Like Like x 1
  25. chieflongshin

I'm just watching more of the stream and what the heck is going on with the river. It's grey for a big patch. Glad to hear the tunnel lighting is sorted for release

26. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I agree totally, last night could have been a pre-recorded.

Streams seem to be getting more and more scripted. They may as well just prerecord them because the interaction is getting less and less.

Also didn't appreciate when Alex almost cut off mid sentence to welcome British Ace into the chat whilst ignoring valid questions actually about the route. What's all that about? I'm taking time out of my evening to watch what is basically a marketing presentation, quite frankly I want to learn about the route not who else is watching the stream.

Stop with the smoke and mirrors and return to actually interacting with your viewers please.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. chieflongshin

I think the bias has gone more towards spiel and less towards interaction. It's weird how questions about s cuckoo clock get seen but not about other things that people are concerned about being fixed before purchase.
    I think it's easy sometimes to gloss over and pretend it's not being asked 40 times in quick succession when we spot something to help their release.

That said , I'm liking the look of this route.
    I can't help but wonder now if we need some additional cloud models

• Like Like x 4
  28. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

I didn't see the whole stream, I just skipped it in: Was the question mentioned as to why they didn't at least exhibit a non-functioning model of the old PIS? That would still be better than just nothing.

And I noticed that the Rhine looks pretty dead?! Where have all the many ships gone?

Otherwise, of course, it looks good.

But, I still don't like the apron on the 103.^^

29. solicitr

I wonder which preserved locomotive was the model they used?

There are 17 preserved. But this one predates 103 216, since it has the original small cab. It also apparently still has both the pilot and the buffer fairings, which were mostly all removed by the late period. FWIW, the frame rails are gray not red, as some of them are, and it has the old DB logo plate in gray, rather than in red or the new logo. And I doubt it's the preserved prototypes E 03 001 and 002, since they have several nonstandard features. All of this points to a locomotive which has been museum-restored to a pre-1987 condition (but not before 1976, since it has the one-arm pantograph)

• Like Like x 3
  30. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It was weird when the question about the skirts came up, and they basically were like, "yeah, we didn't pick a loco accurate for this era, shame"... like c'mon, simply replace the logo, remove the skirts, and maybe repaint the gray frame, it isn't that hard to get it accurate.

• Like Like x 10
  31. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I like what I have seen (did not watch the whole preview stream). Given all new content, I think DTG is at that max for what they can ask for a route and I think you get quite a lot of content for your money. Of course it would be nice to have a shunter, maybe a good idea for a gameplay pack later. The BR155 would be nice, till now it is my favourite loco. And some ignorance will increase the fun. If you do not know the BR110 should not be used for freight, you would not care about that (like I do, so complaining about this may spoil the fun for others).

Otherwise, this is outside Switzerland one of the most beautiful routes.and I have travelled it a number of times mainly in night trains, missing an hour of sleep due to this landscape.
    In my young years I spent a holiday on top on the Loreley, so good memories and at some point I will buy this route, but now I give priority to the Niddertal Bahn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Think we talked about the PIS in the Roadmap stream: https://www.youtube.com/live/DUBWRKkk6PA?feature=share&t=815 (this is the start of the section)

Not sure that's entirely fair. We do take as many questions as we can, both from the question threads and live where possible. If things feel more scripted, then that's because we've been able to prepare answers for your questions, rather than not being able to answer them and having to get back to you on them. Obviously it's a fine balance, but we try where possible to cover ground, and if questions aren't directly answered they're (mostly) covered by the content of the stream.

I'll share the feedback with the team though - given it was Alex's first preview stream (and Lukas' second), I thought they did well.

• Like Like x 10
  33. chieflongshin

I do agree JD it's a balance however my own personal view being one of your regulars is

The questions answered absolutely are always appreciated and valued and yes I agree they are better when prepped and dropped in,

however

there have been streams where the whole chat will say the sounds gone and those things are picked up instantly in a chat, but, when a glaring issue is picked up in the chat and the chat goes equally mad it can feel glossed over at times (not all times I agree as I know you've personally acknowledged things).

I think it can sometimes be perceived that when we all spot something and it's not acknowledged (unless you're on an unpatched dev build) that the streams being ignored. I think more respect is gained by owning it and then fixing than quickly changing camera and pretending nothing is there.

I would like to put a caveat in here though as I've been on streams where you personally have done the above, where Matt has too and I've always had respect for that as you're in an awkward spot then but when the chat lights up and nothing is said I can't help but sit there with my coffee and think "come on guys, how did you not see thirty quick succession comments about it "

Above said with greatest respect to work you do.

• Like Like x 10
  34. jolojonasgames

I do tend to agree with you on this one. However, what additionally is annoying is the re-phrasing of questions.

For example: I asked a question about the physical plaque still being on the BR 103 in livery editor, as this could be pretty inconvenient for those that want to make liveries. They somehow turned the plaque still being there as an obnoxious little bump as something positive because you can paint it however you want. My question about why it wasn't decided to add a few more official liveries to represent the huge variety in this era was either overlooked or ignored.

This is of course somewhat understandable, you're not going to let people ask questions that will have to make you critisize your own product, but for an involved player it can be frustrating. Hopefully my feedback on the forums will still be taken aboard, allowing my critisism at least to be heard by the people I want it to be heard by: the devs.

• Like Like x 3
  35. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I would agree with the feedback about the "super-excited-fantastic" tone, but I would also say that these things take time to settle into.

Alex seems like a very interested and eager host, but as somebody new to doing this (to, let's be honest here, an incredibly tough audience who will pick up on anything and everything... no criticism of the community there, but it's not an easy gig) - I'd certainly be nervous about getting the right blend between promoting the content and not being afraid to address/acknowledge potentially awkward questions.

I think we're spoiled by the tone JD has gotten us all used to, which is a very good balance of the "company outwards and community inwards" tone. Let's give Alex the chance to build up some experience, to not feel the pressure to fill brief silences, etc.

36. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

A 120 DLC with a separate timetable might be likely, Like ECW's 313 DLC.

37. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

It looks lovely, but to me, looking decent has never really been an issue.

The game engine is clearly not the right choice, it's clear that UE4 just isn't up to snuff and no matter what they do, never will be.

It also bothers me that they have 'the legend' with 10000hp neutered to 160 kmh, why not pick a faster route?

• Like Like x 2
  38. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Firstly, I'm excited to see this route. The trains are all ones I love and have been nicely remembered. However, there are some disappointments: things that are lacking, and because a) TSW is a relatively closed shop and b) The preservation crew seems to have stalled, may never be addressed.

1. No Restaurant. It's a romantic train on a romantic route in a romantic era! You can't not have a restaurant
    2. No other IC coach variants. More understandable and acceptable, but a high end sim should aim to be as detailed and realistic as possible.
    3. No AI traffic on the right bank
    4. No PIS
    5. Missed potential with layers (101s, more ICEs, 363s, Verkrhrsrot sneaking in)
    6. An Orientrot or Weintrot 155 would have made sense for freight.
    7. No ABn composite with the n-Wagen

The frustration isn't that that iusn't all there from day 1, but we know that generally, once something's done, it's done. TSW is best when it's a collection of routes and trains which grow and improve each other, and we've lost that to some extent. This is the one chance to get one of the greatest routes in the world, in one of the greatest eras, with some of the greatest trains - on a really great sim, and if there are parts missing... that feels like a wasted opportunity.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

Because only 160 are allowed on the beautiful stretch of the Rhine. That's just how it is.

And the 103 was typical for the Rhine at that time, even if it couldn't reach its top speed there.

• Like Like x 5
  40. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

The sounds are fantastic!

41. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

Sorry to disappoint you but nothing will change from the dev it will stutter and they will not optimize for some reason

• Like Like x 6
  42. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

RE: PIS

TSW launched with no PIS and no routes throughout that era had it. TSW2 launched with no PIS and iirc it was only added from the second released add on after the main 3, and from then on it was faaairly consistent, with the exception of 3rd party stuff from Rivet. Since then, PIS has been added to most of the older routes, and the ones that took longest, TVL, NTP (for which they built the assets) and Cornwall, was because they had to develop a new system for that style of PIS. Sound familiar?

I am not saying it is definitely going to come, DTG have said as much and obviously the preservation crew doesn't exist in the same format, but on that one thing, history bears out it's more likely we will see PIS in this route someday than not, imo.

As for the other stuff, probably not. I could see a loco DLC being added, and bringing more services, but new AI trains in the distance? Not gonna happen, and not much of a priority either I would have thought. It's a problem in virtually every route: No trains at Clapham Junction, no regular traffic at Marseille, no trains on one of the main routes into Munich, no trains on the Hamburg s-bahn, no trains on the WCML next to Bakerloo (well no realistic trains), no LIRR stock in Penn, and in the grand scheme of things, a distant line you can't interact with is faaaar less of an obvious issue than any of those.

• Like Like x 2
  43. dudders

Nice looking route let down by 1second stutters just kills it for me. Why can't dtg optimize each new dlc they release and get it running as smooth as possible. I see on the road map they have game optimisation right at the bottom of the list it's on there every month but nothing is done. So when are they looking at this. Would be nice to hear from them but Always very quite on the subject.

• Like Like x 3
  44. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I have routes which have far less stutters than present on the reveal streams and indeed on other streamers stream.

Not saying they aren't there at all but I find them to be a lot less than is often spoke about. And I certainly do not have a super computer.

I don't find TSW3 stutters any more than its predecessors.

• Like Like x 5
  45. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have real issues with the routes so far. Sometimes microstutter, but pretty rare.
    And each time they showed the route on a devbuild, the route was much smoother when released.
    That is why I asked them to put the FPS counter up, which says much more, as for me the every stream they do has lag too from the streaming itself.

• Like Like x 1
  46. dudders

Yea I agree about the streaming but it does need looking at

• Like Like x 1
  47. redrev1917

I've very little microstutters on any TSW3 route on my laptop. The only route which gives me bad performance is currently Sherman Hill and that's only at the summit.

From my perspective TSW3 is far smoother than TSW2 ever was.

48. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I want to thank you all for sharing feedback for me on hosting the streams, I appreciate that you want previews to be more about the route & player questions and less about marketting and over-excitement from my part - I made sure to get a good list of questions from both the Q&A thread as well as the live chat, but I can always do more.
    I'll keep developing how I present myself with TSW streams and take these points through onto future streams I present :)

I want to acknowledge the issues mentioned throughout this thread, just so you know we are aware and hearing the feedback, and while mentioning these doesn't mean we are actively working to address them, on
    I'll log the additional issues we spotted and ones mentioned in this thread:
    • Section of the rhein missing water texture - (Shown at 45:00 on preview, I have logged the issue)
    • Lighting in tunnels is incorrect - This is fixed in release versions.
    • BR 110 Wechselblinken not working if under 500Hz - Will investigate and log a ticket.

• Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  49. redrev1917

Alex- you've missed the most important part, we need your cat more involved in future streams please.

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. chieflongshin

Stick with it chap. We can be miserable sods but you're finding your way in a bear pit at times. Appreciate you sharing the above.

• Like Like x 13