PC Tsw City Sprinter Scene

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by peter.kelberg, Jan 1, 2019.

1. peter.kelberg

peter.kelberg New Member

Hi having issues all the time with the traction blocked and alerter cutoff warnings which getting these cant go anywhere with train was wondering on how to clear these

Ok understand the alerter warning since I havnt got it enabled but every time I use the automatic brake and set it to min braking I get the traction blocked warning

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

That's correct - you're not supposed to be accelerating/using power when braking, hence why the traction gets blocked.

3. peter.kelberg

peter.kelberg New Member

Thx for the info but doesn't matter if iam slowing down as soon as I move the automatic brake I get the warning

4. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

That is normal, Peter. :) Either running or stopped, as soon as you apply the minimum train brake application, the traction will be blocked accordingly.

5. peter.kelberg

peter.kelberg New Member

thx for that so whenever I do move the automatic brake I have to stop no matter what the circumstances, what about if I just want to slow down?

6. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Not exactly, Peter.
    In short, you just have to have your brakes fully released to be able to use traction. However, in case you apply the train brakes and still have the power handle on the traction position, it will not apply power after releasing the brakes until you move the power handle to idle and apply power again.
    So no - you do not have to stop just so you can apply power again.
    Say you're driving at 60 MPH and you want to reduce your speed quickly down to 45 MPH. You apply the train brakes. At this moment, the traction is blocked. Now lets say the train speed went down to 40MPH and you want to adjust your speed to 45 MPH. Then you must ensure you've released your train brakes and then you can use the power handle again. To avoid any misunderstandings, just be sure you set the power handle to Idle before using the train brakes.

7. peter.kelberg

peter.kelberg New Member

:D Thx you saved me, well explained, looked in the manual about stopping etc but couldn't find anything only starting and moving

• Like Like x 1
  8. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Glad I could help, Peter! :)