Upcoming Release Train Sim World 3 - Rheinland Revival

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Mar 10, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

• Like Like x 12
  2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Wish there was a POD for all console purchases, like steam.

This route looks like the best offering for TSW3 yet. I will be buying it next Thursday at 10am for Xbox and I shall wait for a decent discount on Steam as it will be years for an xbox discount.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Get it! But first, I have to buy the last missing routes after the release of the addons.Manager.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Very impressive and in the future it should be prepared for a 1970s 1960s timetable Deutsche Bundesbahn Bahndirektion Köln & Frankfurt am Main TEE Rheingold

5. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

This will be a first day purchase for me, even with stuttering and without the 363/365 and 101 layers

6. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

As much as I want to buy this. Im very worried abt this route, that it will be another dud. I hope this will good alright

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Normally, after first excitement, I would like to say, this is a must buy for me. But without a real cargo loco for cargo trains, without PIS... sorry, no full price for a "incomplete" route. So I will watch some steam sales pass by until it comes to a PSN sale months later. Maybe until then something more than the 103 convinces me to buy the route. Actually it has too much untapped potential for full price

• Like Like x 3
  8. goupil74

goupil74 Member

Hi, Youtube link in presentation seems to be bad...

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

At least the 10% pre-order discount is back. I am tempted especially for the 103, but with Niddertalbahn likely hot on its heels that's the one I really want.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

After the disappointment of the NYT route, a route that I was really looking forward to, will be watching from the sidelines and hope to get the this route in a future sale. The days of me jumping in to get routes on day one are over.

• Like Like x 5
  11. OldVern

Indeed. I know the 10% off is tempting but projecting forward with a mid March release this is likely to hit the mid Summer Steam sale with an equal if not better discount. By then any wrinkles will be known, if not fixed...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The only new traction is the DB BR 103 and everything else except the routes recycled so how a single new loco with some new extra track to drive it on worth $40?

I understand reuseing rolling stock but why no new wagons or any new passenger cars as well.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There is one new freight wagon, and passenger coaches so heavily altered as to be practically new ones.

14. OldVern

It's probably the most scenic portion of the Rhine valley too, having recently driven the TSC version - which of course continues from Mainz to Frankfurt. Another compelling reason not to rush into this TBH, especially as I also have the 103 in TSC. Niddertalbahn OTOH... so far as I know only exists in Trainz, maybe MSTS long forgotten, so that will be a nice new experience.

15. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Creating multiple new locomotives is hard work cuz you have to get reference material, do the 3d model, model the passenger coaches to be appropriate if any changes have to be made and set up simugraph, sounds, physics, any new features. It's but just a simple task. The 103 is brand new. The ic coaches has been rebuilt so brand new passenger interiors and new paint. The 110 got new paint. Nwagens got new paint. And then outside of the rolling stock, the timetable, scenery, scenarios and test the whole thing. If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. It's definitely better value than dlc in tsc which only gives you a couple scenarios and after you're done, there's nothing else to do.

• Like Like x 3
  16. SHINO BAZ

This the included list.i found.
    Db Br 103
    Db Br 110
    Avmz (upgraded)
    Bvmz (upgraded)
    N wagen (+coaches)
    Shimmns-u 708
    Tadgs 959
    So what's missing?

17. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

It's Bpmz

18. RedTiger SA92

RedTiger SA92 Member

Just watched the stream. Well it looks good, really. But then ... still those annoying micro stutters. I wonder if it's even going to be fixed at all. Too bad but I won't buy and still won't upgrade to TSW3 until the game will be optimised.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SHINO BAZ

Some have said the DB BR 110 not really that good for pulling freight trains.but what about the DB BR 103 why couldn't it be used instead?

20. solicitr

Although on very, very rare occasions the 103 might be pressed into freight service - because nothing else was available - it was like harnessing a thoroughbred racehorse to a potato wagon. The 103 was built as the Bundesbahn's flagship glamour loco- the 200 km/h rocket that pulled the exclusive and luxurious TEEs. Although by the late 1990s it was giving way to the newer 101s, it was still an upper-class locomotive.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Did a quick bit of research on that. Obviously, SHINO BAZ, a 103 on freight is incredibly more rare than the already rare occasions in which 110s pulled freight. What I did find though based on this forum thread and this one, is that 103s could sometimes be seen hauling freight when they came fresh out of the factory - probably to get them from one place to another and because apparently the 103s weren’t working to capacity yet in the early days of the IC. The only other mention of 103s on freight duty I found referred to the early 90s, when some 103s could be observed in the area around Stuttgart. Apart from that, there might have been the odd transfer run similar to the 101. That’s it.

Another interesting tidbit I found for those interested is that 103s fresh out of the factory were initially put on local services to break in the commutators until they discovered that the constant start-stop cycle was damaging the locos and the idea was scrapped.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. SHINO BAZ

Make sence but here in TSW3 unless the Db Br 103 has been built to breakdown i'm guessing you could probably still try pulling some freight with it,If Db Br 110 can survive freight work maybe the Db Br 103 can to.

23. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Grown up in the 90s in the area around Stuttgart I can't remember 103s pulling freight anytime - due to the amount of freight traffic on the Geislinger Steige and the countless industries along the route there practically was always a proper freight loco around somewhere so the 103 could be used as intended - substitution services with older TEE wagons did happen quite often... :)

Anyway, regarding the TSW iteration of the Rhine Valley I really hope they allocate some Dev time for some liveliness upgrade of scenery and - later on - timetable. This one cries out for additional variety and has enormous potential.
    It's quite frustrating to see that many of the issues of recent route DLCs would have never happened if only 1-2 weeks of additional development time would have been allowed... this unneccessary self-limitation of product quality and features is utterly stupid, especially because it's ongoing for most releases since the start of TSW. Sorry, but I can't find any other meanings than stupid for this - the additional sales because of a better product would very likely outnumber the additional dev time costs and life would be made very easier for everyone - us customers would still moan but be more happy in general ;), the devs could be more proud of their work and the company would have a higher reputation (and more money) as well...
    I mean there definetely has been some progress here over the years. The cars are driving on the right side of the road, no major scenery oddities, signalling and safety systems are working most of the time and if even the tunnels are finally dark this is a major step ;) ...
    But yeah. Alongside with NYT 1-2 weeks of development could turn this from a decent to a very good experience right away from the start without hoping for patches and 'we hear you, have raised a ticket, currently we're working on ..., ... no plans at the moment' and that's a bit of a shame.
    Nevertheless I hope this sells well and furthermore (Loco-) additions for the route can be planned. It would be too bad if one of Germanys most beautiful routes would be an one-off experience here.

• Like Like x 9
  24. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Probably about 2 days for an Xbox discount (at the level of Steam POD i.e. 10%) if you have Game Pass. Personally I think this is better than a pre-order discount as you can gauge early user reactions before parting with your cash.

• Like Like x 2
  25. micro stutters need to be fixed once and for all dovetail listen to the community for once on this and stop trying to get away from it grow a set and fix this long standing issue the german routes have the most micro stutters then any other country so fix the thing

• Like Like x 1
  26. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I only play TSW on xbox, so a game pass is of no use to me. Really think a POD should be on all platforms including EPIC and PS.

PC Steam users receive a POD and bigger discounts as the months pass by. Microsoft TSW sales are few and far between, although Microsoft have regular xbox deals TSW deals are infrequent.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  27. Lamplight

I was surprised to read about that as well. The only source given was the Wikipedia article, in which no proper source is referenced. So, no idea how much truth there is to it.

28. SHINO BAZ

With the return of the IC coaches did DTG miss another opportunity to do a control car for the DB BR 103 train?
    Or did the 103 just change ends at turn around points?
    or did a proper cab car simple not exsist in the time period represented in this route?

29. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

IC Control Cars didn't run IC services until the mid 2000s. In 1997 control cars only existed on Interregio trains.

• Like Like x 2
  30. SHINO BAZ

Both Rheinland Revival 103/110 & Niddertalbahn 628/365 are said to appear on each others routes as AI services,so does that mean you need to own both?I'm guessing yes at this point.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  31. solicitr

The 103 was never equipped to work with a cab car.

It was built for the TEE, which was by definition international, and in most cases there would be a locomotive change at the border since the 103 was not a multivolt loco.

• Like Like x 1
  32. rennekton#1349

Yea. Drivable 628 on lr. Ai only 103/110 on niddertalbahn

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

That is not true, IC Cab cars did already exist in 1997, but the 103 can't use them, and cab cars were not used on this line.

• Like Like x 2
  34. SHINO BAZ

So where does this leave the Db Br 110 since it does have a cab car?So if this route doesn't have cab cars then the 110 and it's cab car are just dtg doing there own thing i guess.

35. Lamplight

What does the n-Wagen KaKo have to do with the IC/IR cab cars?

36. SHINO BAZ

I'm simply saying that if the 110 has a cab car the idea of other passenger trains having them shouldn't be impossible.

37. lorenz

lorenz Member

Amazing advertising video (essential and evocative) :love:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  38. oliverristau#4036

oliverristau#4036 Active Member

Hello everyone, does anyone know when the left side of the Rhine comes out on Thursday, which prime time CET

39. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

On Steam always around 17:00 CET and 18:00 GMT....

40. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

The microstutters are a UE4 issue that affects many titles, not just TSW- not sure there's anything DTG can do about that one. Now, all the other bugs they don't have that excuse lol

• Like Like x 2
  41. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Its the other way around. 17:00 GMT and 18:00 CET. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  42. SHINO BAZ

Not to take away from this upcoming preview and route release for this new german route but i haven't seen a trailer or preview of rivet games new comning tomorrow west cornwall railtour which is abit surprising considering how good and promising it looks.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  43. rennekton#1349

They released a walkaround video earlier today

44. SHINO BAZ

Just saw it.
    The battery powered tail light (Nice)
    Changalbe head board (cool)
    AWS (Off&on option hopefully)
    Speedometer (Not sure where that is yet)
    And was the surprise in the cab what it look like or am i just imagining what i saw?

45. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah my fault! Thanks for you're reply :)

• Like Like x 3
  46. yes there is update to unreal 5 as it will fix that issue because it has for the beta game The Bus

• Like Like x 2
  47. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well that's true i guess.

Maybe the UE5 transition needs to be on the roadmap.

48. they wont give it away as it should be a major thing for this years core update

49. rennekton#1349

It depends on what system you have. I run on low end hardware and on low settings, there are still stutters and performance drops. Even with an external gpu connected. It's not a gaming laptop but it can run triple a titles pretty well on low settings much better than the bus. I know the bus is still in early access but still