Dart Train Routes Needed

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by ChooChooKeith, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

I would to see the DART routes made in Train simulator. www.DART.org. This simulator has the best models of trains I have seen from any simulator so would love to see the DART routes made. This is a Dallas, Texas USA Route.

Thank You

Keith Hall

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Assuming this was produced what is there to do apart from driving up and down the various lines with an Emu calling at all stops?

If people are going to buy a route and trains they need more than just an end to end tram route as it gets boring after a few hours.

3. ChooChooKeith

You do end to end with Koln to Dusseldorf or the Frankfurt to Karlsruhe. There are 4 lines for Dart and its like driving a local in Germany or any place in europe. so I dont know what the issue would be. The Northeast routes are like this as well. For scenerios you could switch trains in the Yard that is downtown and have a train change routes or something. there are many things that can be done with these trains and they look neat too. I dont think these are EMU.
    I love driving the ICE trains though so any route uses them I will buy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Ok imagine Koln to Dusseldorf where there are two tracks and every train is a 4 car 423 emu.
    No freight, No Intercity, No Double Deck trains, No ICE - that gives you an idea what the DART line would be like.
    The units used are LRV - Light Rail Vehicles - similar to what we have in the UK and the Rest of Europe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinki_Sharyo_SLRV

If you just want a route where the only trains are LRV's on dedicated track try the Frankfurt U-Bahn from Just Trains

Peter

5. ChooChooKeith

Yes LRV's and if you have a route that has this then why not add it to the US stuff. All I see on US routes from Train simulator is just Frieght. and DART is not just a two track system. there is a switch yard downtown and then there is a Frieght line that runs downtown as well and then you have the TRE. there would be plenty to do. Koln to Duseldorf is just run the ICE back and forth. if you get bored of that then why have Train simulator because that is what it does. you have AI runing along side of you. The Mittenwald route is only 1 track which makes the journey very slow. I love trains so if there was a DART route I would love it. They have 8 cars as well. The other thing about the DART route is that it has Bridge platforms that you stop at and underground stations. The scenery around it would be great as well. To take it further it would be a great training tool for someone who actually drives the route for DART. I wold also enjoy the features that would be in the LRV. When the trains arrive at the platforms they have strobes that come on. if you look at the routes they are pretty neat. especailly trying to be on time for every station all the way to West Moreland.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Come on Keith, you know there are more possibilities than what DTG give you "out of the box"... workshop, 3rd party and self made scenarios are all available so you can have much more than that...

8. ChooChooKeith

I have all of those as well. Frieight and local services running. DART does not just have two tracks. so you might want to research routes just a little more plus there is a frieight line that runs beside it. along with other local lines.

9. ChooChooKeith

Lets see you run the DART route on time. its not that easy. and you have 4 lines running at the sametime. I think there would be plenty to do with it, but whatever. I dont know what you think is boring but to me running frieght all the time is just not fun. I like the speed trains and the local services. Frieght is just lets goto a yard and uncouple and couple cars and then unload and load. at least the other trains you have distance and stops but then we are complaining about what trains actually do in real life. The whole point a similar also is a training tool for people that might want to make this a career just like the flight simulator has become but you guys seem to be blind to that when someone mentions features that are ones used in real life. Another example is the Northeast route where you go back and forth with Amtrak trains. Also in Koln to Dusseldor quick drive does not have any other trains running which is weird. why the heck have that mode? Standard mode seems to be the best mode on here when they release a route. but not every route has that though unless you create it and with the bugs in the editor who knows if it will save or not the right way.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Quick Drives have to be created and when they were first made the authors did not always put extra trains in them.
    Koln - Dusseldorf is quite an old route released by Aerosoft on 8 Mar, 2012.

You seem to like the German routes and there are a lot of Scenarios on RailSim.de
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/wsif/index.php/CategoryList/

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChooChooKeith

most of those sites are in German. but yes I like the German trains.

12. ChooChooKeith

13. ChooChooKeith

Where are the new routes? That just another thing about TS2019 is that according to you there are no updates.. but this what is out there for us to use. I like the Koln-Dusseldorf route. I like Munich-Augsburg as well. The best one though is the Frankfurt-Karlsruhe which is combined with Mannheim.

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The dovetail sale has loads of German locos and consists at about €1.50 each at the moment, at least in the UK
    Just picked up a 4BIG slam door and class 92 diesel for less than £3

• Like Like x 1
  15. ChooChooKeith

I will try to add more as I go but just wanted to see what I could do with a scenerio. Appreicate the help