Ny-trenton: Usa Content Is Still Severely Flawed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Feb 9, 2023.

?
  1. I find the issues to not be a big deal, and it’s fine the way everything is

17.1%
  2. I find the issues to be ridiculous and DTG needs to address this

76.5%
  3. I have a differing opinion - it would be nice if you could reply to the thread explaining why

6.4%
  1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's four - the bundle is "in the works" - and three of the four are third-party. Only one DTG route.

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's still planning to be released this month even if it's in the works. It's a different team working on it separate from the route since these loco packs are usually worked on by devs who have some free time

3. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

Skyhook lost me after leaving AC4400cw in current state... absolute ignorance.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The attention to detail, or lack of, was astounding.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

IIRC, Skyhook went back and fixed the AC4400’s lift kit and the reversed truck.

I’m not defending them for it, It shouldn’t have happened in the first place, it shouldn’t have taken them a while to fix it, but at least they did.

Although maybe the AC4400CW still has problems anyways, I wouldn’t know though, I completely replaced it with the SD70ACe on Cane Creek with mods. :)

6. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

AC4400CW boogie remains still reversed on consoles , we cant repair dev ignorance with mods...

7. TripleJ814

Ah maybe they only did the lift kit fix then. Good thing I haven’t touched it in a while.

The Cane Creek AC4400CW, Cane Creek SD40-2, New Journeys CSX SD40, and Cajon ATSF F7 are four locos that I like to pretend don’t exist :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

wow. just wow.

9. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

just as predicted, NYT route forgotten and shelved. Another US route bites the dust. Joins the LIRR group of mediocre route. . on to the next DLCs.... victims....... repeat..........

• Like Like x 7
  10. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Remember they are proud of the outcome of the route...Meanwhile I see ppl mentioning nearly 20-25 different bugs lol...Oh but the Scotrail Express got its 10+ fixes(some supposingly still broken from what I'm hearing)...of course this pattern continues.

• Like Like x 2
  11. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

I'm patiently awaiting the <insert new DLC route name here> threads with the same issues as the previous route and the previous and the previous... Thankfully I have realized it is best to categorize TSW3 as a meme game to be laughed at rather than something to actually spend money on. If laughter is the best medicine, I'm kept happy and healthy for free by DTG. Thank you! :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Even if rivet didnt fix every single bug on their newest edinburgh - glasgow route, at least they cared and adressed many of the bugs in a short time!

Thats how it should be, especially with increased prices.

• Like Like x 5
  13. ixofxiii

you know that 1)Edinburgh was released before Trenton. So of course they are gonna release a patch for that too. 2) i think its safe to say that the AWS system is easier to work with than ATC/ACSES. 3) Trenton has been out less than a month. Ya'll need to chill. Everyday with every route complain, complain, complain, which is funny when ya'll lstill buy the DLCs. Now if theres two months or more from release with no word (which btw they stated in the roadmap stream they are working on trenton) then i can understand the worry. But they said they are working on the fixes for trenton last week. They are large enough to work on different things simultaneously. but "rome wasnt built in a day". Ya'll need to chill. This is becoming more of a complain-fest than the Steam forums. go ahead, roast away. Dont care. It needed to be said. how about some patience? this is the state if video games in general. Not just this one. happens all the time yet the most complaining comes from transit sim players. Chances are that if they come out with an NYC subway dlc, itll have issues that I, a former NYC conductor, will find right away but ill be damn sure you wont see me complaining as much as some of you. Constructive criticism, bug reports, reviews are one thing. But this is just straight up ridiculous. Its like shampoo instructions: step one: buy DLC step two: Complain about dlc and say its already abandoned and this is typical of DTG step three: repeat with next DLC.

"oh look at you complaining about complainers"
    I dont do this all the time......yet most of the posts i keep seeing are complaints. I leave for a week, same thing. a month....etc.
    yeah, i ranted. Pretty sure others wanted to for a while..... And if you think this was mean, Im sorry...you feel that way.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Hi, I understand where you're coming from, this forum can be a very negative place that I sometimes haven't enjoyed being in. But if there's any recent release that deserves all of this negativity, it's New York - Trenton. I'm personally frustrated with it because it's a route that I do want to enjoy, something that I would want to spend money on. It's the busiest route in America with some awesome Amtrak and NJT trains, what more could you ask for! But this genuinely feels like a release that DTG wants to sweep under the rug.

Routes such as Edinhurgh, Bremen, and Birmingham were routes that were quite messy on release, but guess what? They receive patches fairly quickly after release! That's why the "it takes time" argument makes no sense, because it clearly hasn't taken that much time with the other stuff. I should also add that the list of fixes they put on the roadmap don't include some nasty stuff like the trains clipping through platforms and poles at NY Penn, and of course the shocking exclusion of LIRR or freight layers. It's still an incomplete release no matter what.

I haven't purchased the route, and it frustrates me because I do want to purchase it! But just the fact that DTG has used this route to perfectly demonstrate that they don't want to put much care into American content is insanely frustrating to me. You see a very nice and shiny exterior with wonderful looking American trains and a fairly exciting route to drive on. But you take one look on the inside and see that the quality and care simply isn't there. I get that complaining is annoying, but you should consider that some things really deserve to be complained about.

• Like Like x 8
  15. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

The other routes the timetable can be whatever. I won’t know the difference.

this route is my home. Of any route I want to love this one the most.

as it is it’s like someone took a dump in my front yard.

normal bugs are what they are. Those are what they are fixing.

other routes get realistic timetables. So should this one.

people should be pissed. Sorry if I’m peeing in anyones cornflakes but this time table is no bueno.

• Like Like x 5
  16. MAX1319

So Bremen route Launched December 6th and received 2 patches within a two days, 3 within a week .........
    NYT and LIRR routes are both US routes that both equally have the worse representation of any routes in the game today................. these are facts............they have the TSW Penn station curse...........

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  17. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

So, by your logic no one is entitled to a negative opinion? What about those of us like myself that bought the DLC and are upset with it? Should we all "just chill"? No one else is allowed to be upset by seeing the negative reviews from players who are dissatisfied? This was a product that cost a decent amount of money. I have to work for a few hours to make what this DLC cost. Think about that, three hours of my life to pay for it. I think I'm more than entitled to complain, as is everyone else here that paid for it or is interested in paying for it. This DLC was hyped up as being "THE NEXT BIG THING" for US content, and what we got was a rushed, obviously not quality-checked game that didn't need to have HALF the issues it did. ACSES for Boston worked great after its first patch went out, why wasn't that replicated here? Why are Acela trains not facing the right way when every photo and seating chart available on the web shows how they're oriented? BASIC things here were neglected. And the reason most people on here are upset isn't so much that a patch hasn't been released yet, it's because the acknowledgement from DTG has been the bare minimum. There are pages and pages and pages of screenshots and videos of defects in the game and what we get is essentially "we're working on a patch, sa'll good", period, the end. The level of support needs to match the level of hype, period. The US release issues were barely acknowledged before the next round of DLCs were being hyped. This is why people are mad.

Yes, this has become the state of gaming today, but no, that does not make it okay. People are entitled to their complaints, negative or otherwise, that is the entire point of a public forum. You belittling everyone in this thread for being mad does nothing constructive for the community. Maybe it's "ya'll" who needs to chill. If you don't like reading complaints why even bother coming back at all?

• Like Like x 18
  18. MrbKlegend89

Couldn't have said it better!!! And since "Trenton was released less than a month", when Dresden-Riesa launched, there were issues, not to mention the added branch that was added later on through a patch which was barely a month...when this Trenton route came out(which I STILL didn't buy for several reasons), of course it came with bugs as well as another so called HYPE of a busy railroad and yet, they ran out of time to include a decent timetable and at least some LIRR layers, but again they tan out of time... Let me say this when it comes to Dlcs involving New York Penn Station, it always excuses of why it didn't live up to pay, and that's BEFORE we can even get to bugs/issues...DTG immediately SAID they have no interest or supposingly would not look into the future for fixed timetables and maybe more issues(supposingly they looked at 5 out of 30 issues and bugs)...and thats let's ne ask a question, why they ran out of time with this DLC that's half baked, and up to how BML has nearly 4,000 trains playable/ai including out of nowhere that patch that added surpriseeee freight playable/ai services.. or Southeastern High Speed, they took all their time to include all that...We know every dlc going to have bugs, it's the DETAILS before we can get to the issues. LIRR left for dead, that was a fail.. This Trenton dlc to begin with was a fail...And there's several videos of MANYYYYY inaccuracies of this DLC...Ppl still waiting for Peninsula Corridor fixes.. Its a pattern here with US passenger content and maybe US Freight as well.Bottom line DTG again, and oh well to say, they don't deliver with US passenger dlcs ESPECIALLY involving New York, and the only reason why Harlem Line MAYBE in good hands despite, it being a short route based on what I see is that Joe did the timetable.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I think constantly complaining in this thread just so that 31 pages will soon become 40 pages will not get us any further. Me too (a natural born German player) trying to help bring the focus back to US content. Especially the missing skyline of Manhattan skyline catches my eye. Because I also got to know TSW through the very first NEC route in 2018 and at least know the area around Sunnyside Yard virtually.

A very good example of recently published US content is the Acela Express, which was also very well received. If you don't want to drive it in NEC: New York to Trenton, you can do that between Providence and Boston. This route also took some time and patches to get better and in my opinion is also the best NEC route in TSW so far.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Same.
    The first impression made by the preview stream of showcasing a train clipping into the scenery in the opening minutes is going to be very hard to shake unless they go back and actively fix the geometry there. Which we shall see whenever a patch comes..

• Like Like x 7
  21. TripleJ814

Agreed, 100%

Dovetail is well aware of the feedback, the community can’t do anything more than that. This thread should’ve been locked a while ago.

• Like Like x 3
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The trouble is they may be aware of the feedback but once it goes quiet and people stop talking about it then they can forget about the feedback.

If you keep raising it, without getting too hot under the collar then DTG can't so easily brush it under the carpet.

• Like Like x 15
  23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

DTG really needs to get its act together. The quality of this route is dire and to say they are proud of it is just bizarre.

Have still only bought the Acela as TSW 3 DLC since buying the TSW 3 release bundle. That’s at least 4 DLC I would have bought in the past - a £120 loss to them. They obviously don’t want my money any more.

• Like Like x 12
  24. ixofxiii

im not saying no one can have a negative opinion. Im saying how many of the same ones post the same complaints over and over? Its like yes, we all know. We all have gone thru the rituals of this over and over. So dont others get tired of it? Its not that no one cant. Its "the dead horse keeps getting beat over and over". And as i ended my last comment, this isnt something i do. But damn. some of us can only take enough of the same negativity. I mean, just expect the outcomes of these US releases. Ive learned since LIRR to "prepare for disappointment".

"If you don't like reading complaints why even bother coming back at all?"
    Ill answer that with this:
    If you dont like the constant disappointments of these releases, why even buy them at all?

• Like Like x 4
  25. nepclassof84

How could I have this game and not have this route in my collection? That’s why I bought the route. Its still fun to play.

but that doesn’t make the timetable correct nor does is not make the time table half assed.

I don’t care who’s knickers I crimp or if this thread grows another page or another 100 pages. I’m going to have my opinion on the timetable and remind everyone of it at every opportunity until it’s addressed. If having a realistic timetable wasn’t a thing for this game or better yet an expectation the developer of the game suggests should be there …. and has achieved in other cases … then surely they know it’s half baked and needs to be addressed.

• Like Like x 8
  26. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

Price increases are unannounced and unfortunate, but the bugs are strange.
    People wouldn't complain if it was mmm free

27. R3DWolf91

Nice deflection, but I'll humor you.

Because myself and others are not constantly dissapointed in every DLC release. Overall I've been happy with the majority of the DLC released over the years, as I'm sure the majority of us on here have been. There have been some great DLC, and there have been some not-so-great. I bought this DLC because it interested me and I know the territory and history pretty well. However, what was advertised was not what was released, DTG failed to live up to their end of our business transaction and communication from them has been poor.

The reason there are over two dozen pages in this thread are because most of them are filled with genuine, well-founded complaints. If people aren't vocal about defects then nothing gets done. "A closed mouth don't get fed" as my father would say.

Again, this is a public forum specifically designed to provide feedback, suggestions, conversation, etc. Telling everyone to chill and that essentially it's our fault for buying content and trusting what's being advertised to us is accurate doesn't do anything other than to make you come across as a troll. If threads like these upset you, just click on a different one; no one's making you post.

• Like Like x 13
  28. nepclassof84

I’m far less critical of other routes because I don’t know them. And like you I truly enjoy many of the other routes. I play this game every day I can.

• Like Like x 1
  29. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

They can't even get the station signage correct.

Princeton Junction full name sign.jpg ba4aaaa6-2451-40a4-81f5-0ec437d43157.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  30. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  31. R3DWolf91

Penn Station doesn't even have the Moynihan Train Hall signage that's been there since the start of the pandemic lol

• Like Like x 1
  32. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Being a member of this forum since the beginning… I guarantee they would complain if it was free… some would complain even if they were paid to play :)

• Like Like x 3
  33. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

At least they should've matched the font... Even that is wrong. :|

• Like Like x 3
  34. MrbKlegend89

They did say they reused parts of the Lirr dlc to build this route, that included Penn Station...

• Like Like x 1
  35. nepclassof84

They reused part of the old route from Newark airport to Penn station too.

my issue is the timetable. Others are criticizing them reusing old routes here but I’m not one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  36. MrbKlegend89

Ohhh I'm sure the timetable is bad lol!

37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The highlighted parts are the problem here - do you want them to deliver a good product? Don't give them money for the half-baked one. Now there's no incentive to improve it.

• Like Like x 6
  38. nepclassof84

It’s comforting to know I have you to tell me how to spend my money.

thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  39. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I bought it myself and don't really mind the route.

But thats the thing it's just an OK route.

Just 3 things would have made this a great route.

1 Proper signage at the stations. For crying out loud the Princeton Junction sign picture is on the Wikipedia page. It doesn't take a high school diploma to do that kind of research.

2. A more complete timetable. Come on only 50% of the actual services that run on this route. I know it was said we ran out of time, and sorry that's fine but again shows how much it was just a rush to get this out and how much love was NOT put into yet another North American route.

3.AI traffic??? OK fine I get that you dont have the proper trains for some of the NJT routes so leave them out. But surley there are more of the same trains from other routes that drive the Penn to Penn sections before turning off. Where's the LIRR at Penn and Sunnyside, again even if most of your player base is European, you can show the same care in NA routes you do for UK and Geman routes.

It just feels like more attention and care went into Birmingham, Bremen and especially the new German route than this route.

And even the new German route has questionable timetable by using the 110 instead of the 155.

So this does seem to just be a lack of care towards our North American friends.

And don't get me started on the stupid Caltrain Baby Bullet on the Oakville Subdivision. That is totally opposite to the we don't have the proper stock poppycock you constantly feed us. And it should never be released.

• Like Like x 7
  40. nepclassof84

I know DTG has been quiet on the timetable but I firmly believe they’re going to address it.

there are several things i wish it had
    1- Morrisville yard with njt stabling moves
    2- njcl to Woodbridge (2 stops) or south amboy (4 stops)
    3- Morris Essex and Dover express to Newark broad st (1stop) this is the line you go over entering Newark from secaucus there is a cutoff right before it
    4- raritan valley line to union (1stop) or roselle park (2 stops)

that’s a wish list that’ll likely never happen unless they do a sehs refresh someday

but the time table itself keeps the route from being really good or at least on par with the English and German passenger routes.

they really dropped the ball

• Like Like x 1
  41. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

My guess would be it will end up just like LIRR. Released in a bad state, gets bad reputation, then forgotten because it didn't sell well.

• Like Like x 5
  42. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wish I had your belief. Unfortunately, DTG has proven, quite often, that it can leave a route languishing at the bottom of the pile.

• Like Like x 5
  43. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm also somewhat optimistic that the timetable will be addressed at some point.

My reasoning is that DTG did a decent job with the route itself,

Yes, Morrisville should be there, NYP is a mausoleum and the promised Rush Hour passengers are hiding out somewhere.

But, overall, a well modeled route.

I can't believe that DTG will want to waste all that time and effort just to leave NYT in such an unfinished state.

Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  44. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Raritan Valley Line might as well get it to Cranford 3 stops that way you use the Aldene Connection built in 1967 to wait for Sand Patch Grade SFJ Sherman Hill Cane Creek Cajon Pass Horseshoe Curve and Oakville Subdivision freight locomotives that have the right of way over you then go after those freight trains.
    Picture of Aldene connection
    [​IMG]
    Morris & Essex Line Montclair Booton Lines are 25kv 60hz, not 11kv 16.7-60hz which means the Trains from Newark Broad St to NY Penn must do a voltage change both ways like SEH.

• Like Like x 2
  45. nepclassof84

dtg are railfans. No self respecting railfan will allow that to stand

46. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I honestly feel like this is how this US pack turned out.

Fp7SA2-aIAAc7e0.jpg

The Acela with the Boston Upgrades are great, really decent work on it. NYC-Trenton has been talked to death about its issues. The UP Heritage Pack is pretty much forgotten about.

• Like Like x 13
  47. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ll just say LIRR at this point.

• Like Like x 5
  48. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Umm... LIRR?

• Like Like x 3
  49. MAX1319

For those that think US players as always complaining……. The new
    Niddertalbahn: Bad Vilbel–stockheim route looks amazing. Great job on it and TSG should be proud of their work. That is what a route should be like. I can say is the best looking route in the game…… day one purchase for me

• Like Like x 5
  50. MAX1319

Ok know that the bundle is 45% percent off let me give it and try so I can rate this thing in steam. Only reason I’m getting it is because of the Acela. Hopefully one day they will go back and give it a closer to reality timetable