Route Linke Rheinstrecke - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 9, 2023.

1. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

One thing I just had on Service RB6023 from Koblenz to Boppard was a 500hz Magnet trigger on a yellow signal about 1.1 km from Boppard Hbf. Is this correct? It also showed a next speed decrease to 30. Maybe that has something to do with it?

2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

In real life, of course. But in TSW 3 usually the game does it for you when you start a service. In other instances I do not care that much, but in this case I don't think I have the time to do everything in the 2 minutes we have for train set up.

Lets see the shopping list:
    • Insert the reverser, open the doors and unlock the brakes.
    • Run to the other side of the (long) train and back to turn the red lights on. Usually trying to run between the mass of passengers on the platform.
    • Go inside the n-wagen passenger section panel to turn on the passenger lights.
    • Turn on SIFA, PZB and the light for the destination panel.
    • Find the correct destination in the destination panel and make sure it is centered in the outside view.
    • Turn on the the lights and instrument lights, turn on the wipers and select an appropriate speed (if needed).
    • Release the brakes and close the doors.
    Definitely not going to be possible in 2 minutes.

Obviously, if you are taking over a service or just switching cabs for the return trip then it is OK that you need to do it yourself. In that case you usually have some more minutes and it is also more realistic.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's in cab 2.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

My first impressions are quite positive. Didn’t have a lot of time today but finally getting a vintage route with a 103 on top is amazing. The route is very atmospheric and busier than I feared, even if variety is lacking and not representative of the 90s in Germany.

The 103 brakes seemed a little funky to me at first glance but I’ll have to look into that more when I have time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

That looks like BR 110, not BR 103?

6. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

All in all I am happy, considering that it is a usual release and in the hope that the most obvious stuff is getting fixed, like cars going through gates, textures missing, etc (all mentioned above)…

I am less hopeful that the usual signalling errors and wrong speed limit signage is being fixed, as I have never seen this happening on any release before (or am I wrong?). And I have a feeling that there are more errors than usually. So far I have only driven one 103 IR service between Koblenz and Mainz and have spotted more then I would have liked on a first run (maybe I have just developed an eye for it, though). If someone would tell me that it is getting fixed I would invest the time to note it all down, however, as mentioned above, probably not worth while…

I do like the 103! Even though I have no real world experience with it, nor do I know anyone who has driven it, I would like to mention two things I have noticed:
    - The inner cab doors do not seem to have a dampening effect on sounds from behind the cab, like for example the fans. I, too, would assume they are too loud for the closed door.
    - Also mentioned before, the brakes: Apart from my only run on the route, I invested some time to do a test run on the training Center. With my 7 car train I managed to stop it in 580m from 160 to 0 with full braking (NOT emergency braking!). That is equivalent of a deceleration of about 1,7m/s2, which seems a bit too much! Maybe a dev can confirm the expected values (as I don’t know the real ones).

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

After the post-launch support of New York - Trenton, I would not have my hopes up...

• Like Like x 2
  8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Ever since BCC release the quality seems to have dropped significantly, I don't know what's changed internally but it needs reversing drastically.

Prior to Edinburgh Glasgow I cant recall any route being released with missing OHLE, yet this is the 3rd release on the bounce.

I will pick this up at some point as its definitely a route I want to own. But with the lack of attention to detail on recent routes and considering I've a ton of game play on existing routes in my collection, I aren't seeing anything compelling me to dive in on day 1 of release right now.

I've faith in DTG that they can turn it around it they want to, but I'm starting to ask myself if this sudden influx of route releases is down to DTG deciding they're going to wind down TSW3 and are just releasing everything that was already in the pipeline, prior to the announcement that TSW is no more. I really hope that I am wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  9. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I guess we can't see the future, but given they're onboarding at least three new third party developers, I'd be really surprised if that was the direction they went in.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

If we're opening Pandora's box of asking for additional coaching stock here, Interregio coaches are much higher on my priority list here.
    It's just frustrating that somewhat fitting coaches are included in the DLC, would give you a new driving experience for the 110, but are still not used.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

I just completed my first full run on the route with the 103 and it was very pleasing. Nice detailed scenery although it did seem more demanding on the PC than most routes but apart from the occasional stutter there were no real issues. Its worth bearing in mind that this was a scenario in the snow so a service in normal weather conditions may be less demanding. The 103 is fun to drive but took me a while to get used to the acceleration and braking after using the 110. The brakes on the 103 are more effective at stopping than those on the 110 but you can make a cup of tea in the time it takes them to fully release. Another solid route in my collection.

• Like Like x 4
  12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I usually wait until the first patch is released. By then the 10% game pass is usually on which is a bonus not to buy day 1 as well.:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

Agreed. Guess I'll stick with the 143 again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

This route release is a huge mess of bugs...

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

What are you're pc specs? And what is "worst"? How many FPS are we talking about?

16. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Oh, well...
    So, what's next? Niddertalbahn?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

IIf you stop below 500hz monitoring, this is restrictive so you have the switch flashing between 70 and 85. This is unfortunately not present, which is completely wrong. I can confirm that as a prospective train driver

• Like Like x 2
  19. cadeshr6s

At many stations the station names are missing, there is nothing on the signs attached. Budenheim is wrongly named in the game it is called Büdenheim.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Xander1986

Yes I know and had confirmed this already. He was not very clear in his writing what he have found bug related. And I have also more experience in a loco. Not to drive but I have make a view cabrides in my life in Germany as well... My dad was involved by the Eisenbahn in the Netherlands....and the borders not far away here...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Is there meant to be a SIFA audible alert on the 103? It's caught me out a couple of times now as I wasn't watching the HUD

22. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, that is from a 110, my bad. I don't have the route so can't send a picture but I had forgotten for a second

23. cadeshr6s

If you got Zs3v with number 3 or lower, the 500hz magnet is usually effective. The number 3 indicates a shortened entrance or the absence of a slipway.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Xander1986

Yes there is in reallife a sound when you didn't acknowledge the SIFA in 30 seconds....

25. cadeshr6s

Yea I think the breaks need a rework

• Like Like x 3
  26. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

What I am experiencing in-game is a penalty brake after around 10secs of the visual hud alert with no sound whatsoever

27. Xander1986

That's correct... Same approach as by a Hp0 500hz and reduce your speed to 25km/h....

• Like Like x 1
  28. Xander1986

On my 103 it works well but that's pc... I don't know which platform you use....

29. cadeshr6s

No problem my friendy you welcome. This thread is getting bomb so I saw it to late xD

• Like Like x 1
  30. cadeshr6s

If you drive in (Zugart O) 85 its from 65kmh to 45kmh unless you stop or drive really slow
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

PC as well. Not sure what the issue is then...

32. Xander1986

Yeah that's correct but if you run to a head track and you get a Zs3v with a "Ziffer 3" than you have to reduce to 25km/h and if you stay at 30km/h you get a "Zwangsbremsung".... Or i make a mistake.....

• Like Like x 1
  33. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

I think it has already been logged but there is a large chunk of river texture/map missing near the tunnels between Oberwesel and St Goar. I think Matt noticed it on the preview stream as he panned the camera back round briefly but nobody else did at the time and it wasn't mentioned.

• Like Like x 3
  34. graham.haddon

What is wrong with the brakes? I wish to be enlightened.

35. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, that's authentic. 500s can be installed to protect speed drops to 30 or lower. There's one at Hagen also.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. graham.haddon

I also notice on the DB 103 the KN gauge in the hud doesn't marry up with the KN gauge in the cab. It does on other German locos.
    Fantastic route though.

37. podinc

podinc Member

vehicles driving pass the level crossing even though the gates are down...

38. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the PIS on the n-Wagen cab car yet? Does it 'forget' its destination like the BRO one or has it better memory? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  39. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Member

One thing i noticed is that the front and marker lights not working on the BR 103 in Scenarios from the Editor

40. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

The track is really nicely designed, it's fun to drive! :love: Thanks DTG.

What I notice negatively, however, is that the FPS always drops extremely when a 103 with an IC car approaches (although I usually have 60 FPS all the time). That would have to be fixed, otherwise the performance is quite good.

And then another fun detail:

[​IMG]

MB Citaro facelift buses in the 1990s? Ooookay. :D

But here is a beauty in oriental red:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  41. noir

noir Well-Known Member

Kind reminder that it's been quarter of a year for BRO, the signalling is still atrocious to borderline unplayable for anything but simple straight A to B service, KaKo dashboard is still see-through to trackbed at some points and lots and lots of other previously unthinkable bugs with no fixing announced.

• Like Like x 4
  42. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

still does

• Like Like x 1
  43. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

You can brake from 160km/h to a full stop within an extreme short range (only a few hundred meters), which is very unrealistic.Drive the 101 or ICE for comparsion.

The 110 with nWagen on BRO is the same. DTG already said it is a bug but it never got fixed completely. So the same bug now appears at this route with 110 and 103 as well.

The problem is that we have now a broken 110 at Bremen, a second broken 110 at Koblenz. So what will happen? Same as with the 143 (never fully fixed, still sound problems without mods. Sound was beautiful in the oritignal TSW)?
    Will their be some day in the future one release with one route that will work and we will have 5 or 6 different versions of the same locomotive with minor changes again? Why not get rid of all of these problems now with TSW3 and already have fixed the 110 problems at BRO and now have a good loco for release of the second route with it? I really don't get it.

• Like Like x 9
  44. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Meh, hopefully something for logging for BRO as well? JD? Alex? Anyone? ;)

I mean the IRL ones weren't working properly as well most of the time or were practically unreadable (at least as far as I can remember) but that level of realism is a bit too much :D

45. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Here at this specific point i have to be fair to dtg, the past configurations of locomotives & trains in general can be a life mission for it self.

For routes representing todays era i would say no excuse for those kind of "mistakes", but mainz koblenz is 30 years back.

Manytimes rolling stock have changes, which cant be found on wikipedia etc. Today with good CADs and pdfs every big change & construction is digital on a document and its really way less difficult to keep track.

Its really easy to say now dtg should do better research, but the truth research about a past era is immense time consuming.

• Like Like x 2
  46. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

In this blackness, there is a medi-kit hidden and a coo-coo clock, too :)

• Like Like x 1
  47. podinc

podinc Member

[​IMG]
    dashboard doesnt not light up.

• Like Like x 1
  48. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

On the one hand, you're right.

But: If I want to place a route and the right locomotives in the 1990s, the first step would be to look for pictures from that time! This step alone would have been enough to establish that. Or am I wrong?

Obviously, however, "factory photos" of the BR103 were looked at or really old photos. The developers only build what they are given, I know, and they probably just got very old pictures that didn't come from the 1990s.

But in the end I can live with that.

49. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Overall, pretty happy. As others have pointed out braking behaviour is a bit weird.

I also had a weird routing on IC 822 Nürnberg - Dortmund [Steigerwald]. At some point, I believe at Gau-Algesheim I got redirected onto the opposite track and than back on the main track again, without warning, causing me to hit 40km/h points at 160 km/h.

• Like Like x 2
  50. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback so far, folks. We'll be distilling this down and sharing this with the team to review later today.

• Like Like x 12