Xbox One X

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by colorint, Jun 18, 2018.

1. colorint

colorint Member

This thread is all about the Xbox One X version of Train Sim World. Actually there is no patch developed extra for the Xbox One X version but as far as I know the game runs smooth on the Xbox One X.

Train Sim World is actually listed in the Xbox One X Enhanced Game List as "In Development" and my question is, when we can expect the patch? And which technical aspects will be respected.. 4K? 60FPS.

• Like Like x 1
  2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I would expect the One X enhancement patch to come soon after the big release in July. Althpugh I wouldn’t expect 4K and/or 60 fps since high end PC's can't even run it at 4K or 60 fps stable

• Like Like x 2
  3. gangrel

gangrel Member

I'm hoping for 1080p locked 30 fps. That would be great.

4. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

You would never be able to get a locked FPS amount on any console or rig. In busy and built up places such as Paddington, those areas would reduce FPS quite a bit, although I have noticed that the Xbox One S handles it really well, kudos to DTG!

5. colorint

colorint Member

It's normal that on big stations you will get sometimes fps drops.. also TS2018 has fps drops on the pc. But I want constant FPS even if a opposite train by pas me. I think that with the power of the Xbox One X you will get even 1080p and 60FPS if it's good programmed.

6. colorint

colorint Member

Any progress on that topic from Dovetail Games?

7. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

8. gangrel

gangrel Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. BrotherNerox666x

BrotherNerox666x New Member

20180728_121014.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. colorint

colorint Member

Can anyone from DTG give us an update to this topic? Will the update ever come out? Or can we expect the update in 2019?

11. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I think the game needs optimization much more than pure Xbox One X enhancements. When the game doesn't run with a stable framerate even at 1080p resolution (if the Xbox One version is 1080p at all, I'm not sure) then there's no point raising the resolution to 4K. It would run even worse. Also, no point to increase graphical settings on X (draw distance etc) since it's clear that in its current form, the game just can't run properly. Much optimization is needed for it to run well, and then the developers can think about how to improve the X version.

However, the last I heard is that Dovetail Games refers to "lack of resources" as a reason why they don't optimize and bugfix the game on Xbox One (and possibly on PS4 as well). Glitches, unobtainable achievements etc. Previous routes are never supported, only new ones appear as DLC. This is quite unfortunate and I don't think any kind of optimization can be expected if this is true.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Plenty of resources to keep putting out over-priced dlc though :love:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

They could atleast give us graphics options to enable/disable stuff like track draw distance, shadow quality. The lod on the sleepers is annoying.

14. colorint

colorint Member

I really like this game but on the Xbox One/PS4 this game is not polished. They could at least give us permanent 60fps and 1080p with some other grapic effects on top. That would be great.

But if they always concentrate for the next DLC there is NO TIME for the enhancement patch.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

I dont understand why there is no communication at all about PS pro and Xbox X enhanced versions. It's been months and not even a resolution update. Now it's just a blurry mess, you can't even read the tags on the dashboard. There is no reason for me to buy anymore DLC and support the Xbox version, I'll just stream to my new tv with build in Steamlink in up to 4k! No achievements but thats a minor issue. Such a shame.

• Like Like x 2
  16. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Would love to see a big graphical patch upgrade for the one x. I’m new to game and it’s catching me now but I made the mistake of seeing it on pc. I know they’ll always look better but we must be able to get closer

17. dreampage

You still play the game (and possibly will buy further DLC on Steam) and this is what matters to the developers in the end. And this is why there will be no console optimizations - there's a better option (PC), no need to allocate time and money for the console users who are almost certainly in the minority. Sad, but with such a low-budget studio these decisions must be made I'm sure. That said, it would be great to hear from them to know what the real situation is with the game.

18. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well i have to disagree here. If you want to publish a game on more than 1 Platform, you have to optimze the Game for every platform in the best way you can. If you dont want to / cant do that, focus on one Platform.
    They want to be on all 3, so they have to support all 3 platforms. This includes better optimization for all platforms, including PS4 Pro / One X enhancements.

Studio size isnt a big factor for this, have seen way smaller studios supporting each platform to the greatest.
    Also i dont think the game isnt optimized too well on all platforms, including PC.

• Like Like x 4
  19. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

This game is not optimized really for any platform. I have the game on a high end $2000 PC and I’m lucky if get 40-50 FPS running at 4K. Serious optimization would need to be done for it to run on the pro consoles.

20. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well 4k is the least i would think is going to happen on Consoles.
    I´m fine with improvements, step by step, of the following areas:
    - Higher and more stable Framerate
    - Improving the track distance rendering. The sleeper´s popping in is one of the most annoying things
    - Improving the textures in the cab and adding the zoom function from PC. So that i can read how fast i´m driving for example, with the textures atm this isnt really possible (Yes you can select a more closer view and there you do have a better quality, but it really takes too long when your driving to select it)
    - More of the AI people at busy stations. They shouldnt decrase performance that much.
    - Getting some of the low Textures vehicles moving in the background.

Last 2 points is stuff that people are wishing for on every platform. Of course on PC it can be busier and its always going to be the best version, but they should be able to increase that stuff with optimization on Consoles aswell. Console power is limited, but i dont think they have reached the optimum, yet.

• Like Like x 3
  21. dreampage

I agree with you about what the developers should do. But we see they (at least seemingly) don't do that. They focus only on releasing new content instead of optimizing and fixing existing content. I just lamented on why this was the case. I don't like it either, but we have to accept it as there's no competition on consoles in this genre.

• Like Like x 2
  22. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I've just upgraded from Xbox One 500gb to Xbox One X. I can see a noticeable difference in the game on the console. After playing One X enhanced games that I own and have now updated, if its done right and the power of this machine, TSW should be almost life like when it's enhanced.

Following on from this, I've changed my TV to a 4k one. Forza Horizon 4 is stunning, TSW is sadly not, still an improvement but a long long way off what it could be.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
  23. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

DTG, the graphics in xbox one x are good and the game runs better, which disappoint us in the experience, are the crashes that exist while we are traveling. Is it possible to fix this if you are not already doing it?