Route Linke Rheinstrecke - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 9, 2023.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hopefully it can be of use. I feel like with a bit more polishing and fixing here and there this route can be absolutely great!

• Like Like x 5
  2. noir

noir Well-Known Member

As we move more into the past, there will be more and more space for "creative freedom", details of track layout may become unavailable or only partially recoverable from photos etc. But if you show something on a pixelated stream and 25 people will immediately point out obvious baseline mistakes, then you did your research wrong. If the knowledge is widely available, why did you not ask people before? It's not always great to hide things for surprise if you cannot do it on your own.

Another option is simply to ask elsewhere or incognito. Surely there is a lot of german forums outside of simulators where if you ask for pics of consists in particular year in particular location, you will get dozens immediately. Or simply make a proper beta programme that people can sign into as most other mature developers do.

The people who point out bugs on forums or make community content are usually passionate enough to be willing to help you. If you invite them for some free play time before release, you will not make them less keen to pay you for the finished product, you will make them more keen instead.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Active Member

A lot of these bugs, such as the black textures, the missing and misspelled place names, and most of all the missing Rhine texture, are very obvious. They can’t have been missed by your QA department, right? Or even during the live stream last week, when no one mentioned them even though they were plainly visible.

Are they not considered as showstoppers then?

I’m buying the dlc as soon as the Game Pass discount hits, but it would be lovely to know for sure that these bugs will be fixed, because it’s such a shame if it remains this flawed

• Like Like x 2
  4. jolojonasgames

However, I do have to add, there is an issue with the BR 110 in livery designer for me. I'm unable to place shapes further down than about halfway down the locomotive, which makes liveries very very difficult (or actually impossible)

5. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

To be honest I did think the 103 brakes are quite powerful but I thought they had fixed the 110.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

Powerful, yes for sure! But not miracle powerful like throwing an anchor ;-)

• Like Like x 5
  7. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Not my video but the signal sequence approaching Mainz is a horror.

Entry at Mainz Hp1 and Vr1 for a 40 crossover, followed by another Hp1 then a Zws Hp0+ Sh1. So full greens towards a 40 crossover, then a green before a red.

1hr 12 mins into vid if the link stripped the time stamp.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

N
    In all cases I Had in real Life, 30kmh worked fine

9. noir

noir Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, this is an absolute buy stopper for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Okay thanks for you're explanation! :)

11. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Me either

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

1) I had the same experience as above with the signalling into Mainz, maybe that should be tidied up abit.

2) The lighting on this route is horrendous, I ran a service in a cloudy March at 4pm and could barely see the tracks ahead of me with how washed out the route looks, I could not tell if my headlights were on because the route itself was so bright. it’s really really bad & yet another showcase of the new lightings biggest issue. Please look into this one.

3) BR 103 - is this just a copy paste setup of the 110? Sounds the same, drives the same and brakes the same, although I think the brakes seem to be even more powerful than the 110, a minimum reduction is really 3bar? I saw Maik responded in another thread alluding to it being correct, but it does seem extreme. Overall I wasn’t as impressed with the loco as I expected to be.

The rolling stock is pretty meh IMO, it looks good but it just feels….cheaply done to drive, honestly this route could have come with any rolling stock & it would be just as enjoyable, thanks to the track layout & route you follow.

Overall, for anyone wanting to get this route just to get the headliner loco, I’d save your money. I’ve enjoyed the route, generally speaking, it’s a nice aesthetic (other than lighting).

For DTG, the route itself is pretty great, it’s a wonderful experience with the parallel roads, next to the track villages & running a train through the valley vibe. Unfortunately, I’d have to ask you take a look at the lighting.

Also, I’d like to add my interest for seeing the 101 as a substitution, anywhere the 101 can be utilised, it should be.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  13. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Just to reiterate. The KN gauge on the DB103 in the HUD and in the cab should definitely read the same as each other. I tested a few German locos last night and they all match across the HUD and in the cab. The DB110 matches. Thanks.

14. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Same here, day one purchases are over for me. The quality of DLC has really gone down the pan lately. I spent a few hours watching previews on YT before making up my mind.

It didn't help that all of the English speaking YT influencers who were given a pre-release key did not use PZB, and as such were speeding all over the place. It made it difficult to see if there were PZB problems. DTG you've lost a previously loyal customer. I will not pay £30 to be a beta tester any more.

• Like Like x 11
  15. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

First of all I'm not a signal expert but I noticed the same yesterday when I approached Mainz, at least I found the signalling "strange". So thank you guys for pointing out the problems here!

The main problem is, that DTG is not fixing the stuff we complain about. The pile of broken routes and releases is just growing. And not learning, mistakes are repeated again and again, the quality of Q&A is even getting worse instead of better. This route is not nearly in a state where it should have been released. We will get some fixes by next week for the most broken stuff, then another patch or two and that's it. Rest of it will stay broken.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  16. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Active Member

Shame, I’ll hold off purchasing for now then, seeing those PZB issues added to the pile.

Let’s hope Niddertalbahn is better than this, but it won’t be a day 1 purchase either because of the bad taste current events are leaving, unless maybe the stream tonight shows everything works as intended

• Like Like x 2
  17. DenisJura

DenisJura Member

I confirm: in the tunnels you notice that the instrument lighting does not work. However, I have turned on everything: headlight etc. and the little brightness buttons on the dashboard to the max

18. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I am probably going to be controversial here and get shot down but I would rather have the wrong PIS than no PIS at all. I tend to play most in timetable mode and coming to this route after playing others when I can see what and when the next train is is annoying.

Also the same goes for using the 110 for freight or the 101 for additional services; I would rather have better immersion rather than 100% historical accuracy.

Saying that, clapperboard PISs would be fun!

• Like Like x 5
  19. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’ve not bought this yet (waiting for Game Pass discount) but can I just praise the people who have posted on this thread. In the main, the comments regarding bugs have been detailed and constructive rather than ranting. Hopefully this will help DTG in identifying and fixing said bugs ASAP.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

the brakes are waaay to strong, and also take half a decade to release, even when running loco only, which makes no sense.

The reason I prefer the 143 though is because it feels like driving a 143, every sound is unique and nicely done.

Blindfold me here and I wouldn't know if I'm running a 103 or a 110. Speaking of the 110, the sounds for the switches and buttons are from the 101, which makes no sense and the brake sounds seems to be from the 363, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  21. jolojonasgames

I thought I had the same issue, but there is another switch on the back wall for instrument and reading lights or something, if you turn that on instrument lights do work.

• Like Like x 2
  22. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

And I'd rather have a static object of the original old PIS than none at all. That takes away so much flair of what is actually a great track.

Please DTG, deliver the old PIS. :love:

• Like Like x 6
  23. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Loving the feedback in this thread everyone, thanks everyone for your contribution and I'm sure DTG are appreciating this too :love:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I do hope they take this feedback and fix as much as they can. I would like to get this route, as it looks lovely. But obvious and easy to stop things like no driver in the train, missing overhead wires, broken river texture are big immersion brakers for me. Now I am not good with german sinalling, but would like to get into it for this route - but if it's broken on the route, then that's also a dealbreaker for me.

So hoping they can at least fix the worst offenders.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

A big massive, plus 1 to post.
    Nail firmly hit on the head.

More transparency from DRF needed about what they are working on and taking active feedback from the community on work in progress content is badly needed.

Better for everyone all round in the long run in my opinion.

What is happening now is just not working.

26. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

While the BR 103 looks brilliant inside and out, I wonder why we can't walk from one cab to the other inside the loco, given how often you have to go to the other cab to switch on the safety systems. The engine room is modeled; is it terribly complicated to make that area walkable? I might see if the boundary remover mod does something there.

Edit: The mod didn't remove the invisible wall.

• Like Like x 13
  27. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

You need to use an extra switch at the back panel of the train which enables the instrument light, 2nd switch from the left in the first row, labeled „Instrumenten und Fahrplanleuchte“ in German. The switch on the drivers desk only enables the headlights, the Ebula lighting and the lighting for the drive controller.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  28. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Speaking of flair ... this route has a lot. I was riding as a passenger and the train approaches Koblenz Hbf, I stand up from my seat, the train rolls to the stopping point slowly and I open the door already and get out while the train is slowly finishing the stop. Awesome! I've done that all the time as "a cool kid" back then. All those little sounds and noises inside the carriages resemble the memories. It's a cool route and I really hope the developers can add some finishing touches (like TSG is doing it right now for their route I hope ...) and fix those errors brought up in this thread. I'm really looking forward to really grind into this route during the upcoming weekend

• Like Like x 6
  29. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

So I took a look at Boppard Hbf, as it is a place that I have visited frequently during holidays. I don't have many of my own pictures digitised, so the one below from 1998 will have to do.
    The Säuerlingsturm isn't correct, and whilst I appreciate that there is a limitation on the number of objects that can be placed, it is quite distinctive. Also, where is the signal control centre? it's completely missing and it's not a small thing (there is a picture on Bahnbilder.de for reference.) 00_00026.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I believe this is an error as the instrument light keyboard shortcut is not mapped to that switch and in all other locos that don’t have an instrument light switch on the console, turning on the master switch turns on the instrument lights. So the circuit breaker on the back wall should be on by default but is off for some reason.

• Like Like x 3
  31. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

For complete happiness, only the replacement of BR 110 with BR 140 in cargo traffic is lacking. It would be good to increase the amount of cargo traffic in the schedule. Still quite often it was possible to observe the BR 140 at the head of passenger trains on the route. This must be done and then I will be happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, that is very screwed up.
    Never buy before the patch ;)

33. solicitr

Complete happiness? That would mean the addition of proper Interregio trains with blue X coaches, and a 141 to handle n-Wagen Lokalzüge.

• Like Like x 2
  34. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Another half-finished route lacking polish... yet again. :(
    As DTG does not give any pre-order discount on Playstation and also no release week discount (like before) I had no incentive to buy it yet.

And for the same reason (and because they didn't bother to fix some annoying bugs in so many months on TSW3 I didn't buy any DLC since release, even the ones I would usually have bought if there were a discount at release.
    It makes it easy to wait for bug fixes and then it just fades after a while and I end up not buying at all.
    This route is really tempting, but the bugs /lack of polish seem horrendous.

• Like Like x 7
  35. Xander1986

I have checked the route and i can say after a few runs and i love this route! It's a route with less bugs and i love the details. The stations looks stunning and autentic! There are some small bugs but nothing worse...!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  36. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Exactly.
    DTG does not seem to bother, really. Or worse, they cannot afford to bother. They need the money so desperately, they release even unfinished and builds full of bugs.

But as long as customers support them with buying unfinished stuff day one, they will continue. Rinse and repeat.
    It is really annoying they put release schedules over quality. Let the customers suffer and find the bugs, then take FAR TOO long to fix them...

• Like Like x 2
  37. solicitr

DTG: there HAS to be a way to block the 103 and 110 from appearing on modern routes.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

There most likely is, as the game uses a tag system to decide what substitues where. Tags for era, operator, etc. But I would assume it's just not set up for these locos properly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Sure there is. They will just need some time to figure out how to do it, test it and deploy it.

40. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Or let the player choose what appears. I think the intention was to allow players to use the 110 more with other routes. Maik made it so that it works partially with the dostos even though it wouldn't work at all in real life

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

There is, they just need to remove the DB Regio region tag from the 110, or even better is just to untick the "Is Substitutable Unit" checkbox in the RVD.:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Xander1986

DTG JD I have found a timetable bug... EC 1001 will not depart from Mainz and stay there.... It will not depart and didn't clear the station so all behind trains are stuck...

43. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

GP discount is in effect. Here we go.

44. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Right!!? I personally HATE when they take away content to satisfy the rivet counters.

I'm still annoyed that they removed the UP locos from substitution on Sandpatch because a few people complained (despite many, many photos of foreign power on that route and just about all NA routes, but i digress...).

If they can't make it user-selectable, they should err on the side of letting players use/see their more of their paid content IMO.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Dreadblade

Dreadblade New Member

So I played on XSX and the visual bugs I encountered on PC are in the same place, so it's not platform specific. The water texture, the overhead lines and the Mainz station lighting bug (only it behaves different, maybe it depends on time of day ingame). I can't comment on other issues since I have not encountered them yet.

Overall, if you think about it objectively, there is less than 1% catenary missing (maybe theres more and it amounts to 1%), so over 99% of overhead lines are there. The water texture issue is still there and is probably more glaring because it was noticed in the preview stream, but overall it's probably 2% of the river untextured. The lighting issue in Mainz is a similar story.

So basically they got over 95% of the route right.

It looks great on PC and XSX, one of the better looking routes on XSX imo, but this is subjective to each of us. Yeah the brakes on the 103 feel grabby and the 110 feels like it has 20k hp when accelerating, key word here is "feels". I have no idea how these locomotives drive, I've never driven one and the chances I will are virtually 0, so this is good enough so far.

I'm a surveyor and I build railways for a living ATM. I basically show everyone where to build stuff and check if they did a good job or not. There is a degree of acceptable tolerance for errors on certain railway elements and structures. Most things can be made within 95% of the project. From 95% to 99% it costs on average 50% more resources and 100% more time (some things have to be made this way, especially when building railways). From 99% to 100% everything is twice the previous 99% tier (resources and time). What I am trying to say is, yes this route can be 100%, but it would cost 1000 euro/pound/USD whatever and take as much time to make as it took Germany to build the real thing.

For the time it took to be made and the price, I think this is pretty good. It looks great, the trains work 95% of the time and is one of the better routes so far. Can it be better? Of course. If you want it to be better try giving feedback instead of complaining.

Great route IMO.

• Like Like x 8
  46. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Im pretty confident they can just let players pick, there are seasonal timetables in game where services only show up in certain months, but the player can still pick to drive the services any time of the year.

• Like Like x 2
  47. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

Is it alright that it is possible to go faster than about 144 km/h with the 110.3 without getting an PZB penalty break? As far as I remember this is not possible at BRO (but I need to check) since the BR 110.3 maximum allowed speed is restricted to 140 km/h, but I just drove 160 km/h between Ingelheim and Mainz-Mombach. Intended behaviour or not?

• Like Like x 1
  48. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

The signal on the approach to Niederheimbach platform 3 when approaching from Koblenz doesn't work properly either. You are routed through a 60 km/h turnout, but the preceding signal is just green, no warning whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  49. jolojonasgames

There is some more weird routing. On EC8 you get routed through the slow platform tracks at Ingelheim, instead of on the more sensible through tracks. There are just a lot of routing and signal sequence weirdness things going on on this route. Outside of that the BR 103's brakes feel like they can't possibily be prototypical like this. I get that it has 'Höhe Abbremsung', much like the BR 101, but it puts down over 5 bars at slight brake applications, making it very difficult to brake without undershooting your speed by 10-15 km/h at least, and braking comfortable for your passengers is nigh impossible.

Again, there's a lot of good things, but some things feel weirdly overlooked. I've now played a handfull of services, and each single one of them had weird routing and/or weird signal sequences.

Apart from that original points like IR coaches or a freight loco missing (though I get that this might need to be paid DLC, and am willing to pay if these are done well), aswell as the lack of a BR 101 substitution being a missed oppertunity still stand. I'm also not quite sold on the BR 103s sounds yet, they feel very BR 110 esque.

Hopefully we'll see some post release fixes adress most of these issues over the coming week.

• Like Like x 4
  50. swift19

swift19 Active Member

• Like Like x 1