New Moderation Process For Existing Users With Threads Containing Links Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 17, 2023.

1. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, TrainGeek08 here, and I want to discuss the new moderation process for any thread that contains links and why that applies to existing users that know the forum rules...

I post CC Roadmaps in my WIP Scenario/Livery threads all the time and the past couple of occasions (both following the bot debacle), my threads have to be approved by a moderator or admin like DTG Alex or DTG JD for it to show up, this is strange for people that have posted links before the bot debacle happened, all I want is an explanation of what these moderation approval messages mean and why these are put in place, surely this rule can only apply to newer members to know their way about :)

Please note: This ain't a rant, I'm just asking for an explanation either from the community or DTG themselves about this ;)

Thanks for any response in advance, it's gratefully appreciated and remember, I'm not ranting, it may look like it but trust me, it isn't :), just an in-depth question, that's all ;)

2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Let me check for you. We did change up the spam filters after the spam at the start of the week, but not sure what side-effects that might have had elsewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TrainGeek08

Cheers JD, it is weird that any threads that contain links have to have moderation approval to appear publicly, well that's what it said after I posted it, very strange ;)

4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I don't believe this is an intended side-effect, but the DTL team will investigate on Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrainGeek08

Thanks JD, that is gratefully appreciated :love: