PC Northern Trans-pennine, Worth The Money?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kentolsson73, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Kentolsson73

Kentolsson73 New Member

Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester - Leeds DLC
    Is it Worth the Money?
    I mean it looks good and all, not perfect, but the route and the trains as a whole looks amazing from what i´ve seen so far on YT.
    But...5 scenarios and that´s it...? I assume service mode is pretty much like previous DLC´s, same service copied over and over again, only at different times of the day.
    is it even Worth buying or should i spend my hard earned money on something else that come with a few more hours of challenging scenarios than another short route that last an evening or two at the best?
    One good thing is that there probably aint a effed up buggy signalsystem when there pretty much no signals all :-D :-D
    Lemme know what you think. Should I buy it or not?

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This is the third longest route in TSW. ;)

3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Since you've missed the PC launch discount it's probably worth waiting a little while until it goes on sale before buying. By then there's also a reasonable chance that at least the beta editor will have been released so that you can either create your own scenarios or run other people's scenarios.

4. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Essentially its your money so it has to be your choice, take a look at some of the videos of the route on youtube, look at what the route has to offer and decide if that is what you want, if you can wait until the route is discounted in a sale then do so, also bear in mind that once an editor of some description is available so that the rolling stock can be used in other routes as well as being able to make your own scenarios etc it will then become more useful and worth whatever you spent on it.

5. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I’d say definitely worth it, for me this showcased what TSW is all about. Scenary is beautiful.

I’ve hardly played any other TSW route since it’s release, and haven’t played TS2019 at all since, for me it’s a very immersive route, despite one or two signalling bugs and lack of AI at times.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Its one of the better dlc imo. It and RSN are the most interesting to me. Just wish there were a bit more traffic. These locales are also great for getting out and looking around the stations