PlayStation Please Suggest Next Route Purchase

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HappyGamings, Mar 21, 2023.

1. HappyGamings

HappyGamings Member

Hi guys. I thought I will ask veterans of game for some suggestions. Im thinking to buy a new route dlc. Can you give me advice on what routes are good scenery, performance wise? Then I can also look in youtube and make decision.
    I don’t want fast line routes as I have already some and I find them a bit boring. I love passenger runs, also not so much into freight at the moment.

Here’s what I love so far from routes I have:
    Dresden: Literally one of my favorites as it feels mix of fast and slow line with many stops but not every 30 sec stops and it has very good performance/fps.
    Birmingham Cross city line: Definitely favorite train in game so far, amazing route with good performance, but unfortunately I’m getting bored already with it and to be honest it doesn’t kick in with scenery as Dresden.
    And everything else I find not my cup of tea from what I have already
    , especially Im angry about purchasing of NY Trenton- it’s horribly boring and feels like stutter fest.

Would love to ask opinions about following routes, are they good, are they perform well fps wise?
    1.Long island rail road
    2.Bakerloo line
    I find Bakerloo line somehow very tempting to me, although I know it has stops every 30sec on this run.

I know about London commuter dlc but I don’t like trains what have no visibility from inside. If I cant see scenery around from in, then I take a pass on this one.

Routes what I have so far:
    1: Nahverkehr Dresden
    2: Birmingham Cross City line
    3: NY Trenton
    4: And everything else what was included with Deluxe edition

sorry for my bad English and looking forward for suggestions, doesn’t matter if it’s german,uk or usa. I want to check all of them and buy something today. Important to have good performance, good scenery and what gives satisfaction. Im fairly new to this so Im sure many of you have great hidden gems to suggest.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Aleks!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  2. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I am by no means a veteran of the game, but I have bought and played many of the routes available in the few months since I started playing TSW2 and TSW3.

First things first: if you're interested in Bakerloo, your best buy would be a license for TSW2, if you can find one. If you buy the TSW2 game, you gain licenses for all three of the original routes in this release: BKL, SKA and SPG. Personally, I love SPG, because I love US freight. Meanwhile, SKA is one of the busiest route in the game, particularly if you add the New Journeys for it. For me, Bakerloo has been the least played route of the bunch, because it lacks variety: one train, tight schedule (and hard to keep to it sometimes), bunch of very similar looking stations.

One route that might best fit your needs is Dresden Chemnitz ("Tharandter Rampe"). This is an interesting route because of the 612 DMU (brilliant train to drive) and pretty good scenery (mountains, tunnels, vistas).

• Like Like x 1
  3. HappyGamings

HappyGamings Member

ohh Tharandter Rampe looks really good, first time I see that route. Thanks for advice, trailer was impressive I will dive in some longer route video

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Bakerloo will spam your AP so it looks as if the route and trains are your "most played", when they are patently not. The route does capture the atmosphere of the deep tube quite well. However it can get a bit tedious as pretty much everything is stop start. Unless you buy the flawed 1938 stock it's very much a one train (trick) pony, no mainline AI action adjacent to the National Rail network section.

London to Brighton is actually very good. The Electrostars are a bit bland and yes the restricted view does grate after a while.

If you are prepared to step back in time both North Trans Pennine and Tees Valley Local give a great experience operating old British diesels including the Class 101 DMU with manual transmission.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would recommend Boston Sprinter with or without the Acela. I think it looks better with the new lighting plus the route and stock seem well modelled. It is a busy route too.

East Coastway is nice, especially with the class 313, although the actual coastway line only goes to Eastbourne and not Hastings.

Koln Aachen is another good route with a mix of fast and slower services.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I would suggest looking into the following:
    DE - Tharandter Rampe, Ruhr Sieg Nord, Main-Spessart Bahn
    UK - Northern Trans-Penine, Tees Valley Line
    US - Harlem Line

I would pick these as the best tips for you.
    LIRR is kinda "meh" and for me, it's overshadowed by the Harlem Line (nicer scenery with same trains, M7 and M3).
    Bakerloo line is interesting, it's something different. You stop frequently, but the stops are only 15 or so seconds.

The new Linke Rheinstrecke is also nice, but if Birmingham stutters for you, I'm afraid it would do as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

There is now freight on the mainline stretch!
    Caught me off guard the other day!

OP, it depends if you like the 101 and it's awful gearbox and braking system, because Tees Valley is a good route. If not, West Cornwall Local is a favourite of mine.

Failing that, look at the upcoming Niddertalbahn, that's looking to be the next best route

• Like Like x 2
  8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Definitely add Boston Sprinter to your collection and I recommend the Acela which runs on this route and NYT.

Also, despite the electrostars and the restricted views, I wouldn't be without BML.

Finally, diesels are much more fun to drive than electrics, but you'll have to go to the back catalog to find them. Definitely buy a route that includes the class 101, the most driving fun among UK trains.

No German route is better than the one you already have, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Southeastern High Speed - it splits in two after the tunnel under London: one branch continues as a high speed line, the other is a commuter line with stops every few miles. And the train has A REAL DRIVER'S WINDOW!

Northern Trans-Pennine - probably the best UK scenery; old diesels with "interesting" brakes; mix of express and commuter services.

Ruhr-Sieg Nord - the Transsylvania of German routes. A slow freight/passenger line with interesting and detailed scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

With the exception of SEHS and the Rush Hour routes (now that Boston's signaling has been fixed), I can't recommend any route released after TSW2020. Quality has been heading downhill like the Cajon track between Summit and San Bernardino.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Peninsula corridor is another great route. While it may not look great visually, it's got great gameplay. You get the f40 by default which uses manually lapped braking. There are loads of variety. Not every type of service is the same. You get the local all stopping services. You get the limited stopping services and express stopping services. With the gp38, you get all unique freight services. The mp15 adds unique moves such as moving freight equipment and exciting. The baby bullet subs into some f40 services but it overtakes at certain stations.

• Like Like x 2
  12. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I have got to agree that Northern Trans-Pennine (my favourite) , Tees Valley Line and South Eastern High Speed are all worth the money.
    I am not at all a fan of commuter routes but SEHS has really captured me and I enjoy the mix of fast and slow services.

• Like Like x 2
  13. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

The timetable is legendary and unlike anything else in TSW - I've played London Commuter since day 1 and have yet to still complete at least half of the total playable services. Thus, a highly recommended route that any TSW fan shouldn't be without!

• Like Like x 2
  14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Probably easier if I tell you which to avoid!!

LIRR - is old and showing its age, timetable is meh and like the UK trains on London Commuter letterbox windows (same can be said for Harlem train windows but I would recommend that)

Peninsula Corridor - a buggy mess and in need of some overdue TLC, which is on the roadmap but wait for the updates.

Rapid Transit - like LIRR showing its age and is also a buggy mess. Nothing on Road Map for this however.

Not sure if on PS you can find copies of TSW2 on line still for sale, but if you can grab it for cheap you'll get the 3 routes (Bakerloo, Sand Patch and Koln Aachen) at a knock down price and it and then unless anything has changed you'll get then on TSW3 as a free upgrade

Everything else is worth owning IMO

• Like Like x 1
  15. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I have every route. LIRR stinks. Safety systems are all messed up, feels like a ghost town.
    Bakerloo is busy with the new timetable, which is really well done. But scenery is the inside of a tube for the a good portion of the route.

Niddertalbahn drops Thursday, I would just wait for that tbh. Good 3rd party dev, really good looking scenery, cool locomotive- they spent a few years on the route. Maybe wait for some YouTube vids to drop before you pull the trigger.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I like Bakerloo a lot since the update. When it first came out it had something like 200 services and seemed pretty dead for an Underground.

Now it is over 600 and feels a lot more alive with trains every 2-3 min. Also (if you have other UK DLC) you see AI freight trains etc on the adjacent WCML.

Running the route is a lot of fun. Nothing like other routes with relatively fast start stopping and very short station stops. You have to pay attention to stay on schedule. The mix of curvy tunnels and above ground sections are also a lot of fun.

I’d take Bakerloo long before LIRR. LIRR is very old and the timetable is dead. You’d be better off getting Harlem Line which is basically the same trains but a much newer/better route.

• Like Like x 4
  17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

If you are interested in LIRR then Harlem is a good bet. I have only just got it but like the route and the trains, I haven't come across any problems yet but there are some reports of broken services due to bugs with red lights, some haven't been affected though.

I wouldn't pay full price for it though.

Glasgow to Edinburgh is a decent route with the patch.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I admit it does grow on you. In fact although it’s never going to happen, I would love to see it fleshed out more - extend the classic route from Dartford into Charing Cross, put in the section to Margate/Ramsgate and the freight only line out to Hoo.

• Like Like x 2
  19. HappyGamings

HappyGamings Member

thanks to everyone. I found on sale TSW2 rush hour deluxe edition CD for 35€ and ordered. It comes as I understand with Bakerloo and all rush hour content so I just transfer all to TSW3 and that should keep me busy for a while. But keep coming with comments cus I found many nice routes already thanks to this thread.
    Best regards,
    Aleks!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

You don’t mention which platform you’re using, but I am not sure how TSW2 content bought on disk would transfer across to TSW3. I cannot be 100% sure that would work as the routes would not be associated with your Steam/PS/MS account. Perhaps someone else would be able to confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Riesa Dresden will be far more fun if you add some more German DLC. Consider Ruhr-Sieg Nord which is a good route anyway and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln and Hagen-Wuppertal. If you have any money left, buy the BR155.

It's all old stuff, so cheap but really good if you like diversity in gameplay and German content.

• Like Like x 1
  22. HappyGamings

HappyGamings Member

As it says on top of the thread Im on PlayStation 5. As I read if I install tsw2 with all content then on tsw3 I just have to download same content as dlc for free. Example tsw2 I bought deluxe with with roush hour 3 dlcs. So after installing them I will be able to redownload them in tsw3 as I own them already on tsw2. Sounds maybe confusing but it’s really simple. Also standard routes from tsw2 like Bakerloo will be available on tsw3 after I install it with tsw2. Have two people above who commented how it works aswell, first comment was one of them

23. redrev1917

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  24. HappyGamings

HappyGamings Member

• Like Like x 3
  25. redrev1917

Fab enjoy them, keep any eye out for a cheap version of TSW2020 collectors edition which wil give you another 6 routes.

• Like Like x 1