Fishing Sim World Cats On Lures

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chizzckh, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I'm sure I read on an update that Cats will now take lures. Been fishing Waldsee trying get a bite from one, I get them following surface lures like the non predator species do but can't get any sort of take.

So am I imagining reading that? Or can someone help me with where I may be going wrong?

I have tried below surface lures as well but no takes either.

2. Kingfish22

Kingfish22 Member

Ok man. I have caught 2 wels at walsee on the 3.5inch crawfish ratl-trap! At night and sunset

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

By pure luck after I posted this, I caught a cat by leaving a lure static out while I was playing another rod. Almost like a dead bait and a cat picked it up. I tried it again and continued to catch cats that way, including a boss cat along with a few perch. That was night time, heavy rain. Going to try different conditions today and see if I can replicate it again.

4. Kingfish22

Kingfish22 Member

Awesome man!

5. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

I had one on earlier which took me by surprise thought it was a giant pike lol which turned out to be 65lb cat on waldsee

6. Kingfish22

Kingfish22 Member

Sweet! Dude. What lure?, What time of day?

7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Just expanding on this... I have tried again the "static lure fishing" method with some different times and swims, sticking to lures that look like a fish in shape for now (no idea if this matters at the moment). Night time seems to be the best still, heavy rain also but have had catches at other different times and weather conditions although a lot slower in bite rate. I would have to continue for a while longer to see if there is a definite pattern to this.

Best swim for this method seems to be as the attached image (Excuse my crude annotation). I have also had a couple of pike using this method.

The only thing is you really need to be holding the rod as the bites are quick and tend to snap off before you can pick the rod up from the bank sticks, the odd occasion the fish will hook itself and be on there for enough time for you to get to the rod when using another.

Waldsee.png

8. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Caught my cat on a swim bait lure if I remember right the time of day was the morning and it was on the bottom centre peg if that helps

9. Barred

Barred New Member

No matter what I have tried I just can’t catch cats.

10. nightwolf9496

nightwolf9496 Member

I catch cats on tiger nuts the large one during sunset on light cloudy and hope this helps

11. billspsnidentity

billspsnidentity New Member