PC Great Western Express Announcement Mod

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Aug 22, 2018.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

All default safety announcements in-game have been replaced with the real life recordings I have, and thanks to a very talented person for being able to get them in the game and working.

Here is a sample of what it sounds like in the game (excuse the quality). Note the echo is not permanent, and is relevant to the station environment.

Video here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K1qVXyIeiV8HbuRXcKS2ML0oTx9zjCnH

Download from here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0746/TS2Prototype-GWR-Custom-Annoucements.pak

Simply place it in ..steamapps\common\Train Sim World\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DictatorDono

DictatorDono Member

The announcements are very quiet for me (all audio settings are at max).

3. londonmidland

Depending on where you are standing, it can be a bit bit and miss. Certain areas are louder than others. Also, I have my audio set up at 300% by tweaking the settings as the default settings were far too quiet.

4. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Awesome work, thank you! Could you explain how you replaced the annoucements? I always found it stupid how there are no passenger sounds at the train stations and Im wondering if it would be possible to implement some on our own?

5. londonmidland

With the editor not being available and the game files locked out, it’s an extremely hard process to implicate simple things such as audio files. You currently have to use a ‘back door’ approach to replace the game files.

I don’t know how to do this however there are a few people that do know. When a much easier way of adding things into the game becomes available, I will be adding and replacing a lot more station announcements.

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Just like a train station: incomprehensible announcements!

• Like Like x 2
  7. KC2003

KC2003 New Member

All We Need Now is "This is a security message, if you see something that doesn't look right. Speak to staff or text the british transport police on 61016. We'll sort it. See it, Say it, Sorted" So We can annoy all the passengers in train sim. The same as it does in real life!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. londonmidland

I’ll see what I can do :P

9. KC2003

KC2003 New Member

101 Ways to drive commuters in a sim up the wall. - Do it the same as real life :P

• Like Like x 1
  10. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Are announcements coming to TSW it'd be very very helpful for Service Mode

11. londonmidland

It’s very unlikely DTG will do anything regarding announcements, at least for GWE.

Perhaps the editor may enable us to do something, but I wouldn’t count on it.

12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

It is a pity because those platform screens dont look like the low poly platform clutter and even NPCs a mate of mine was saying PS4 and Xbox can cope with a lot more than DTG would seem to think so he cant understand why those elements are missing, more movement of NPCs, leaning on railings, reading the paper etc

13. londonmidland

I’m no expert on consoles and what is and isn’t possible but I think there are definitely some things which consoles can cope with which DTG claims is too graphically resourceful.

I think what the real reason is, is that they simply don’t want to admit that they don’t have a reasonable amount of time to build detailed routes, hence why it’s done to quite a simplistic and basic manor. It certainly isn’t pushing PC capabilities and there’s A LOT more you can do with the engine.

Of course no company will ever admit they don’t have enough resources or other problems they face to the end user.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

As in their stream I am watching now, they're not at the end of their limit for UE4 or TSW and I think a lot of people have given up far too soon tbh, it's the community that helps games like this stay alive so if we talk like that collectively they'll only feel we're not interested.

TS2019 has been around for 10 years and has 10 years worth of content, I say TSW will soar beyond TS2019 once the tools are available, the editor looks superb - a lot more user friendly and setting up schedules and trains looks to be a lot more inventive - That aside, yes the time taken to build a route, I bet but I can't wait to see what you all create, when there are no time constraints involved.

• Like Like x 2