Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I cant understand why it takes over a year just to fix a trophy, they should have made sure trophies are all working and the preservation updates were all released for TSW2 before launching TSW3, as now it looks like they have just abandoned it and the same fate will occur with TSW3 unless they sort testing and fixing issues out

• Like Like x 2
  2. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I takes a long time, if you're not doing it.
    There are many many things that require fixing, but they're too busy preparing new DLCs, they have no time for the old stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  3. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

The only way to make your voice heard is to not buy new content. And then they might get themselves around to fix old stuff. As they would slow down their DLC releases because of lower sales.
    At least it is what I am doing, I'm not touching TSW3 until TSW2 is completely fixed on PS4 and PS5. If it never gets to... I'd never get to play TSW3 it seems.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Still on our list, no news at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

I also realised today that I didn't have the right track record.

6. Willowrpe

is any work been done on it or is the 143 trophy still just on a list ?

7. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

And what about LPC Fixing a hole on the old gen (PS4/Xbox One), is this on your list aswell?

8. DTG JD

Yep!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Respectfully, are the people investigating/fixing these issues under any kind of deadline? Or is there a planned time frame they need to keep to? Because I’m sure you want to get it done with and move on just as much as we do. I appreciate it’s not within your control but I’m sure it’s annoying you as much as us.

• Like Like x 3
  10. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Hello DTG JD
    For the sake of transparency, can you publish the list so we can check all our issues are on it?
    If it was published somewhere, for example as a sticky in this Technical Reports forum, then it would be easier for people to check the list before creating a new thread, or asking "Is this a known issue?" and so on.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 5
  11. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

I think DTG will also want to draw a line under TSW 2 at some point before TSW 4 is announced in about 18 months.

And it was said that they would still fix this problem, would be nice if that gets a time horizon at some point. Not that this is really a TSW 2020 Cement Circle problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG JD

Not a fixed deadline, no - it's based on priorities and resource management (both very boring concepts, but important when we're developing and iterating on content).

I would love to get them sorted though, yes, agreed.

13. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

And again we are hung out to dry. Still on the list…no news for now… no deadline…boring stuff about resources. Well no TSW3 for me. No more resources to farm here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Those priorities being more new content as quickly as possible and pretty much ignore the faults! This forum would be a lot quieter if DTG slowed down releasing new content a bit and put a few more resources into fixing bugs that appear! An achievement taking over a year to fix is really not a good look for any game Dev company and made even worse when said company is releasing new content at the rate of 3 or 4 new items a month almost! The Add-on manager was touted by Matt as a major issue that needed to be rectified quickly and they had One person working on it. The recent release schedule shows us EXACTLY where DTG's so called PRIORITIES lie and it certainly isn't fixing bugs and issues in a timely manner!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  15. fanatico

fanatico New Member

Is anyone in your company realizing, that they will lose a lot of money or their jobs if you continue working like that?
    For myself I will not buy any of your games if you continue this bug fixing strategy.
    A real shame.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

The introduction tutorial on Great Western Express (PS5) can’t be completed either. It asks you to open the passenger door and sit in any available seat. You’re unable to open the passenger door.
    Is this being looked into JD?
    Thanks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Willowrpe

well the complete Sherman Hill (TSW3 PS5) all training does not unlock and a quick look at the trophy rarity shows 0% unlocked and PSN profiles shows nobody has got it as well. DTG need to get on top of these trophies and is also why I believe new versions of TSW should axe old trophies and achievements from previous versions dlc and just go for say TSW4 trophies / achievements only older content can help towards base ones in the new game. Otherwise its simply more things to go wrong and work to do

18. hasco

hasco Member

It’s impossible to complete SEH: Trained and Ready as the game crashes when trying to start the Class 465/9 Introduction on PS5.

It’s also impossible to complete LCP: Hold Your Hand because it’s not possible to follow the instructions of the Locomotive Firing Introduction as the Live Injector Steam Valve can’t be interacted with.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hasco

hasco Member

CJP: San Andreas does not unlock when completing all Cajon Pass scenarios on PS5.

20. stimp#5938

Sigh. And yet more patch notes and nothing on older problems. You are understaffed DTG

• Like Like x 1
  21. Willowrpe

magnet for trouble did not unlock for me as well on PS5 TSW2 such a long scenario yet nothing!

22. hasco

hasco Member

Severely understaffed it seems, and not even recruiting for testers. It feels like a wonky web agency I once worked at where we built websites, clicked through them ourselves once to see of it worked, and then launched them.

I guess since game developers often only work on a specific part of the entire project they never get to see the finished product before it ships, and if you don't have any dedicated testers, you get sh*t.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Willowrpe

update got the magnet for trouble trophy I did the usual use a less used driver profile rather than my level 733 driver. I have noticed several trophies seem to be sensitive to mature level drivers. Maybe a fresh or close to driver makes it easier for the trophies / achievements to unlock this system has worked for me a few times now

24. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

Can confirm the OSD tutorial trophy on ps4 doesn't pop because the route introduction just randomly pops up a waypoint marker a few miles down the line. you are unable to get out of your seat and take over the train to try and work around this issue.

25. TheTipsyRaccoon

Are you aware this a broken achievement/trophy thread for outstanding TSW2 issues? Wouldn’t want your concerns missed because you’ve posted it in the wrong place

• Like Like x 1
  26. hasco

hasco Member

Thanks, I was not aware. I posted it in several broken trophy/achievement threads and created a support ticket. I doubt anything will ever be done about it though.

The fact that there are still outstanding TSW2 issues is bizarre and does not inspire confidence as well.

• Like Like x 1
  27. imstylinonyabro

LZN: LZN: You're a Jack of all trades! I don't know. a few have got this, but it is bugged on TSW2 ps5 for me. Never had a single issue with something not popping and after finishing all scenarios never got it. Even too precaution and deleted all saves and uninstalled all content but LZN (similar to work arounds for TSW2020 bugs) and still didn't get it .

28. TheTipsyRaccoon

I got that one on PS5 but recall it taking a couple of attempts? I presume you’ve tried on a new profile and with the console disconnected from the internet? I think that’s what I did to push it through.

29. hasco

hasco Member

Yeah that’s not normal.

30. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

I must say that I'm running out of patience in this context. It's been almost 1.5 years and DTG still hasn't started doing anything, this is clearly slowly becoming a cement circle scenario.

dtg_jd how is this, do we have to go back to Microsoft and complain officially or can you raise this with the team again? Because slowly, from my point of view, Xbox is the only way that there is appropriate progress here or at least there are consequences for the renewed violation of developer rules.

• Like Like x 2
  31. imstylinonyabro

thanks for the info. i will try later this week on a blank account and no internet - i was connected to the net while playing. i'll also be doing it all in one sitting w/o turning the game/console off.

32. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Ive a dedicated thread to PST trophies. Here is my latest updated from last week:

Update 06-4-23

Game: TSW3
    Console: PS5

I have just competed trophy group 07 and all unlocked 100% without fail.

I have met the required criteria for the trophies mentioned below, but they haven’t unlocked.
    Also see the notes at the bottom of what trophy groups are 100% unlocking without issue.

Group 01:
    SEH: Trained and Ready (Complete all training modules on Southeast High Speed)
    SEH: All Rounder (Complete all scenarios on Southeastern High Speed)
    CIP: Taco Tuesday (Complete all route tasks on Cajon Pass)
    All other trophies in Group 01 unlocked fine except those 3 above.

Group 05:
    NTP: Trans-Pennine Traveller (Complete all scenarios on Northern Trans-Pennine)
    MSB: Clean Sweep (Complete 100 services on Main-Spessart Bann)
    All other trophies in Group 05 unlocked fine except those 2 above.

I’m doing these in trophies in group numerical order.

Groups 02, 03, 04, 06, 07 all unlocked 100% with no problems.

Now working on Group 08.

I will update here after each group. But right now the trophies mentioned above are busted. I don’t want to have to create a new profile.
    I hope the guys at DTG are taking this in.

Thanks

33. TheTipsyRaccoon

Just FYI, I’ve only recently learned there are two DTG JD accounts and only one appears to be active. I’ve now tagged the correct one so hopefully you get a response because despite being on team PlayStation, I wholeheartedly agree with you, something needs to happen now, it’s beyond silly.

• Like Like x 1
  34. imstylinonyabro

so i tried the blank account while offline today and it worked first try. When HSC goes cheap enough to buy, I am just gonna go for those buggy ones with a blank account offline straight away.

35. hasco

hasco Member

This is not the way.

36. TheTipsyRaccoon

Let me know how you get on buddy, I’ve tried everything for those HSC trophies with no success. It’s so annoying because it’s literally 10 miles of driving, twice. It should take minutes, not years!

37. imstylinonyabro

do you have TT (true trophies0? the same guy who mentioned a blank account for LZN also is the first to get some of the HSC ones that had 0 achievers for ages. you could try messaging them for more specifics.

38. TheTipsyRaccoon

I see what you mean, two people have got that trophy in March, and prior to that nothing since October.

Maybe they’ve dropped an update and not told us? I haven’t tried it in months, if you manage it I’ll go for it again.

39. imstylinonyabro

don't think there was any updates. i had been off of ps5 for months working on xbox stuff, and when i came back the other week, there were no tsw2 updates for ps4 or 5. i was last on in like late september/early october 2022

• Like Like x 1
  40. Willowrpe

well I now have 2 TSW2 PS5 trophies that don't unlock

DRA Dresden Commuter (drive DB BR 143 for 143 KM)

DCZ southside (route level 20)

tried the route level 20 many times including up to level 25 I dont think the game properly tracks the level. When I go on to player profile then routes you can click on a route and it gives stats mileage, level, scenarios and jobs but when you select TR Dresden Chemnitz it does not come up just like it did for the DB 143 sometimes.

41. Willowrpe

update I can had

HAR: Grand Appearance to that list

cant unlock trophy for m7a training module, you would have thought they would have tested a training module !
    I am convinced dlc launched later in TSW2's life is where most of the issues are. DTG need to realise that if they don't fix these issues less and less people will buy TSW in the future as they back out and wait for bug reports to see if a new release is glitched

42. TheTipsyRaccoon

Yep, all issues are with routes and locos that released after Nahverkehr Dresden where the BR143 issue first appeared. All preserved TSW2020 routes seem to behave perfectly as well.

43. Willowrpe

I had a suspicion the trophy problems happened with later stuff. Maybe older stuff works as they had to fix them as they were broke in TSW 2020 ?

44. matt8350

matt8350 Member

EQUIPMENT MOVE
    CN OAKVILLE SUBDIVISION
    SCENARIO

After you drop the GP9RM locomotive off in the yard and you go to move towards the signal it won't let you pass the signal. It tells you that there is a train in the section ahead when there clearly isn't a train. The only train that is around is the one you brought up and it's well behind the signal sitting in the yard.

I did notice when you play to scenario after this the engines drop off the GP9RM and then they sit at the signal the rest of the time you are finishing up the current scenario.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  45. imstylinonyabro

i had this issue if i sped too much and got to that area of the map too fast. happened doing the ps5 version a year ago, but within the last few weeks doing it on ps4 it worked fine cuz i went purposely slow. dunno if that will help or not, but figured i'd mention it.

46. matt8350

matt8350 Member

Yes I even tried going slow and still having the same problem. I just did the scenario again and it's still happening. I haven't played the route since I had gotten it two years ago roughly and just recently started playing it again.

47. imstylinonyabro

something interesting i'ven oticed. i have been playing offline on a blank account on the ps4 version because the 10 journey chapters glitched ages ago. i was at 8 of 10 and the game updated and i think that messed the counter up. i've done , SoS, LZN and SEHS journeys. the SEHS trains have milage tracked but the lZN and SoS train does not. its still at zero. however, on theps5 i got the 100km trophy no problem. I've not done any SoS on ps5, but i did drive 3 miles in the signal tutorial, not sure if tutorial distance isn't counted or something. not a huge deal, but just a bit strange if you ask me. i will try again on a fresh save once i'm done w/ journey chapters.

EDIT: it shows nothing in stats, but i did get the trophy about 2 minutes after setting it off on LGV. it tracks, but it's basically invisible in the stats.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  48. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Update 19-4-23

Game: TSW3
    Console: PS5

I have just competed trophy group 08 and only 1 trophy did not unlock.
    This was OSD: All in a Days Work
    I could not unlock this trophy due to a red light error in the Equipment Move scenario. I have submitted a ticket and got the same response i always get, it's been resolved lol.

I have met the required criteria for the trophies mentioned below, but they haven’t unlocked.
    Also see the notes at the bottom of what trophy groups are 100% unlocking without issue.

Broken Trophies:

Group 01:

SEH: Trained and Ready (Complete all training modules on Southeast High Speed)
    SEH: All Rounder (Complete all scenarios on Southeastern High Speed)
    CIP: Taco Tuesday (Complete all route tasks on Cajon Pass)
    All other trophies in Group 01 unlocked fine except those 3 above.

Group 05:
    NTP: Trans-Pennine Traveller (Complete all scenarios on Northern Trans-Pennine)
    MSB: Clean Sweep (Complete 100 services on Main-Spessart Bann)
    All other trophies in Group 05 unlocked fine except those 2 above.

Group 08:

OSD: All in a Days Work (Complete all scenarios on Oakville Subdivision)
    All other trophies in Group 08 unlocked fine except that one above.

I’m doing these in trophies in group numerical order.

Groups 02, 03, 04, 06, 07 all unlocked 100% with no problems.

Now working on Group 09.

I will update here after each group. But right now the trophies mentioned above are busted. I don’t want to have to create a new profile.
    I hope the guys at DTG are taking this in.

Thanks

49. imstylinonyabro

The trophy for doing "10 journey chapters" on tsw2 ps4 version also needs investigated. Last year I was doing it, 5 on cane creek, 1 cathcart circle, and 4 DRA. as i was nearing the end of them, the game had an update and i never got the trophy after finishing ten journey chapters. I have used the offline blank ssave method the last 3 days doing 2x clinchfield, 5x cane creek, 1 LZN, 1 SEH, and 1 on SoS. No trophy. there is definitely something wrong with it. The set of routes I first tried is the combo that worked on ps5. I had also kept that save and continued onward and finished IOW with one chapter done, as well as another route i did one on for a total of 12.

EDIT: so i saw another thread by someone who had issues on ps5 with this trophy. i did not, but i'm guessing the last update to tsw2 ps4 and ps5 has messed it up. I did however notice they needed 20 chapters to get the trophy. this made me push on (i was at 17 and counting) and fortunately did get it at 20 chapters as well..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  50. stimp#5938

So DTG’s been bought by a French company. I hope this means something for all the issues this game has. :|:|:|:|:|