I Can't Access Dovetail Store

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 777Gaming, Jan 16, 2019.

1. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Ok, so I got on TS2019 today and I saw that the store icon was blurred out on the home screen, and in the drive screen, the tab was gone. Is Dovetail updating the store or is my game glitched?

• Like Like x 1
  2. gbeenz

gbeenz New Member

I have the same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The store glitched during the last sale so that when you clicked the button you were given the DTG store prices, but when you checked out it gave you the steam store checkout (with different prices), so I presume they're disabling things whilst they work on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Yeah I got on and it's fixed, so that must of been what happened.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

The store is active but when you purchase a route that says 50% off upon checkout the item is full price. Example Hamburg-Hannover $9.99 with 50% but at checkout it says $19.99 Please advise!!

7. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

That sale ended during 21st January. The only sale available at the moment is the Weeklong Sale, which has a few items - but not the route you're looking for. Look under 'Discounts' on the page.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-simulator-19-weeklong-deals.14680/#post-63963

There's a delay while prices are being changed back to normal in the sales. The discounted price can still appear for a short time, but - if it's after the sale expiry time - the checkout will show the non-sale price. During the Sales, the end-of-sale date and time is shown on the Sale page.

8. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

The Publisher Weekend Sale ended on Monday at 6PM GMT exactly, so the items on sale were not discounted any more. As Gordon7000 said, there may be a glitch that shows prices as discounted, although for me the prices went normal straight away.

We do have Weeklong sale with 20 discounted items going right now, but they are only for Train Simulator 2019.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Haven't checked yet, but has anyone looked into whether in fixing the previous glitch a new one hasn't been introduced and that the Steam and dovetail prices match at checkout?
    It seems coincidental that just after one glitch another one happens

10. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks guys,

This sounds like a problem with the in-game store again, have flagged with our Retail Team to look into.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

TrainSim Steve and Dmitri, I haven't found this glitch to occur when DTG are using their own checkout facilities. However, it has happened to me several times in the past when DTG are selling products that are listed by and checked out via STEAM and also when checking out via STEAM directly. The discounted price still appears for a short time after the sale has ended, but the STEAM checkout amends this to the normal price.

Gordon

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Good to know, thanks Gordon