Coupling Instructions Not Registering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buynot, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I've been trying to create some scenarios recently, and I've been trying to have it so the player has to couple onto their consist before departing, however, when ever I try to test the scenario out myself, it never registers that I've completed the instruction. I don't know of it's an issue with the positioning of the rolling stock, or an issue with how I put in the instruction itself, or what. Can someone please help?

2. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

It has been a couple of months since I've posted this and I'm still encountering this issue. So I again ask, can anyone help me with this?

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I have been havin issues where if you create the scenario in one version of the scenario editor and you then try to PLAY the scenario NONE of the stop or connect actions register.
    My advice would be to copy the scenario, delete the player train and recreate JUST that train with it's commands and try again. That's how I bypassed it

4. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I know it's been almost a month since you've replied, but I've tried out your method in a couple of scenarios of mine in the past couple of weeks, and it hasn't worked. Would you happen to know if there's anything else I could try?

5. ARuscoe

Screenshot the player instruction and post it here please

6. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Instruction 1.PNG Instruction 2.PNG
    Here's the screenshot of the instructions.

7. ARuscoe

I know it's an obvious thing but the instruction says to join to the back of the engine...
    If you're pulling one consist one way then even if you change ends on the engine the dispatcher often doesn't work that way so try putting the instruction as a "join to front" and retry
    I say this because I have had issues in the past where having a train formed one way and then joining another causes the dispatcher to throw it's toys out of the pram and have a sulk...

8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

May I suggest that you try inserting a "Stop At" instruction between the "Drop Off" and "Add To" instructions? Sometimes the "dispatcher" cannot find a path that strikes the scenario maker as completely obvious, so some hand-holding becomes necessary. If this works but you don't like the "Stop At" being there, you can hide it, but than be sure to mention it in an instruction. Hope this works.