Csx Brakes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mufcfanste, Jan 21, 2019.

1. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

This has probably been asked in the past but what are the best brakes to use when hauling with the csx. Only had it since Christmas and just starting proper with csx

2. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

The independent brakes are your locomotive brakes they work a little faster than your automatic brakes or the (train brakes) since it takes longer for the brakes to apply since it takes a few seconds for it to run down the whole entire length of your train and of course all of it depends on how long your train is. (So short trains you can get by with using the independents brakes but with longer and heavier trains independents and the train brakes along with dynamic brakes) But honestly, I dictate the speed of the train by using the throttle 85%-90% of the time and using very little of the brakes as much as possible, but only using them to stop or when I need to slow down in a hurry. But thats just me, and thats how I do it in the real life. Well hopefully that helps and good luck.

3. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

Do you know how to swap from one loco to the other on a MU. I've read the manual but don't understand. Everything I've tried as soon as I've taken the one I want to lead brake off it starts moving without me even touch throttle

4. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

I have to make this fast waiting for my train to show up, so apologizes in an advance. So swapping leads, well first apply the brakes and set the reversal in the neutral position. Then from setting down in the engineers seat look on the out side edge of the control panel, and then you will see the MU control switch ones you find it you will have few options first is (lead/dead) then or have option of (6 to 12) (I believe its a different in real life and I haven't played the game for a while) and the last option is (trail 24). Note....The Trail is for any locomotives that you might have on the rear of the train.

So you can select either "dead" thats pretty much without saying, its just another train car basically, but if you want it to supply power you would select 6 to 12. Ones you get that all done go to the locomotive you wanna control do the same thing but you will wanna select "lead" make sure your generator field is on, fuel pump is on. Make sure everything is running. Before you go put the reversal into reverse or forward depending on the direction you wanna go release the brakes. I have to go my train is here, but good luck and hopefully that helped you.

• Like Like x 1