Lets Talk About Multiplayer Maybe??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChooChooKeith, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Reviews can say a lot or very little about the game. In the case of TSW, they don't tell the whole story. Yes, there are bugs, and yes, there is no editor, but I have certainly gotten my money's worth out of the game. One of the key arguments you keep making is, "But Flight Sim X has multiplayer!" or at least something to that extent. Even with mods that expand upon that, the netcode is still there, as it was from the beginning in the 2000s. Because the source code is locked down, you can't add a feature that wasn't there to begin with.

Another point to make here - why would you want multiplayer? With flight and truck sims, you can gang up and do convoys and the like. How would you pull that off in a train simulator?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

I never called anything that anyone has posted BS. My comments have been based on my opinion which is what this thread is. you might want to look at the reviews CAT because you have complained of issue with TS as well yet know one calls your opinions or experience BS which is what I have gotten on these threads. I am sorry fix bugs is the job of software companies. I am also not wishing anything. These are just ideas and everytime I put something out the answers are Keith your hijacking the thread when its my thread and opinion. and see you say Toy town Trainz.. not thats not what I have said. Please read again. Flight simulator comparison again for the 100th time on here has to do with how the software involved not that they are a like. Please stop also saying things I dont say. Please READ!!!!! TRAINZ 2019 or 2012 or TANE as the last version was called is a train simulator. not TOY TOWN or whatever you called it. It is an actually Train simulator and has improvements from each edition unlike what you have told me about TS which is basically its the same base program from Railworks and has a number associated with it such 2019. I compared TRAINZ because of what it has and there are somethings that it does not have which I wish it did. The models are not like TS but the environmental and graphics are great. They have improved some of the models and they have improved their World Editor. All I am wanting is for TS to be that good and from what you are saying its not.. just the same old program. oh and please read your reviews on TSW and TS I have read them and you guys have complained about mutiple things on both programs along with others.

3. ChooChooKeith

I agree I was just pointing out the reviews positive and negative. and I dont care if TS has MP or not. Its just an idea how many times do I have to say that in this thread. I think it would be neat if it did. IE the post above which stats Multiplayer in TS would be cool cuz you could have realistic AI without having to make and/or download scenarios and it's just nice to know the other trains are actually humans, not robots. From Pom Pom Cookie.

The way TS was presented when it came out was that it was the new and improved TS and now that I go out and buy it. Its really not.
    I am not argumenting about FSX but its just an example of what they have done in the flight world. So why not having something like that is neat in the Train world. Trucks I am not so sure.
    The other thing I just suggested to have DART Trains which are transit trains and again I get comments oh I dont like this or why would we want it. Well why do I want to drive some old 1932 British Train that looks like a cardboard box either but people have perferences so let the idea fly is all I am asking.

But Here is a Question for everyone??
    Tell me why you would get TSW over TS or vice versa. Put everything that you have experienced in these Simulators. and lets see what people think.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

See below.

And we don't read?

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChooChooKeith

Yeah I never said BS directly to someone .. Read it again!! this was never directed to a person. Saying that TS2019 is old is BS!! thats what that says. Trying to justify things by taking it out of context does not prove your point either.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  6. ChooChooKeith

When people in the review say this kind of stuff and its the same kind of thing I am having issues with well. You wonder.

crashes all the time since train sim 2014
    used a lot of hours since i got it on cd in 2012, stopped playing it in 2017, just got tired of wasting my money on overpriced dlc's and the same unchanged engine, now with 64 bit, i'm sure it runs nice if it could even start... (i have 16 gig of ram, a gtx 970 with an asus random numbers and letters 4k screen and g-sync, i have an intel core i5 as processor, and a powersupply that fits with the motherboard and the other things i have plus i have about 3 tb of disk space in total)

Here is one that is positive and a recommendation
    I enjoy trains, and I like having the ability to free-roam, role-play. But, every year, though there is a reported update, it is the same game, no real improvements that make it a NEW game. Every year the name is updated to the NEW upcoming year... ie,
    Train Sim 2018 becomes Train Sim 2019... but it isn't a new game, and I don't see why the name change. IT isn't new. I got this game before there was an online Steam. Yes, they grandfathered me in. Grateful for that.

Is this game worth it? Only if you like trains. Is it worth all the money for the dlc? NO.

Having this game for ten years, I would expect that a regional line would exist, rather than a single line. Or perhaps a USA coverage or Euro coverage. It isn't about the price as much as it is about coverage area. Even the various dlc does not interconnect. You can't drive from one area to another.

In a flight sim, I don't buy a flight from one airport to another, we get a large region, or continent, or world, and then buy the airports. I think that modeling could be adaptive to the train world. Have an entire region, country, or continent, and the dlc interconnect. The more areas you buy as dlc, the larger the region you could drive.

Come on, as the title says, it is Train Sim 2019, NOT Train Sim 2009. Where are the improvements of an antiquated game? My rating for a thumbs-up is very tenuative.

This is something I have said as well.

But even though you did not say "BS" you really have said that in every comment made.

7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

8. ChooChooKeith

This is what the quote says "so saying that it is old and oh the engine is old is BS and just excuses why the game breaks."
    Where is "You" go read the comment.

9. ChooChooKeith

Yes 2019 should be a new game. Why dont you get that???????????? do you even understand how software is developed? Usually when a software company says its coming out with 2019 from 2018 it means a major update which usually includes new features an upgrade in graphics and other specs of the game. I started out on the other comments by giving some suggestions for the game. Thats what the thread was about. Then I am told there will be no updates by people that are not even apart of DTG. Ontop of the fact that I go in a read reviews which I should have gone deeper before I bought the game. The advice I get is oh well just use the 32 bit editor. Why???? you have no answers to this. You cannot even tell me what the hell updates have even happened. You say there are none .. Why the hell do we have 2019? why not tell people to stay with 2018 or goto TSW because there will be upgrades and new things to come. I would have looked at TSW which evenually i have and based on reviews its not any better the TS. With all that said I have played the game. some of the suggestion seem to work. and I dont care if TSW is using the UREAL engine. While that is new other games have been using it for a while and is used in 1st person shooter games. I have seen your comments on other threads and reviews and you have had some problems as well but you dont address them here. You just attack my comments which most of it is an opinion again on experience from playing the game. Usually if I play a game and it crashes after not using it very long then there its a problem. At least trainz comes out with a patch. but you dont even seem to know what Trainz is.
    I knew TS when it was Railworks by the way. I never purchased it during that time because I did not think it was that good. But we are now in 2019 and its the same?? so again yes when you say you are coming out with a new version it should be just that and so it seems like this is just to make money which a lot of reviews have pointed at. The DLC is expensive and dont tell me to goto the workshop because I have and those scenerios at least the ones I have played are garbage. I say that because they have bugs. Then you tell me to goto TSW where you purchase that and then have to buy DLC. oh and you think I have not played this game long enough. I have 266+ Hrs. and thats not even owning it that long. I have done a lot of things in it and thats why I brought up the problems to seek help not to get attack on everything I say. I dont spend 24 hrs a day like you do on this sim.

The things I like about it. I love the trains themselves and how the controls and movement are. Very realistic!!
    the scenery is really good especially with 4K. So if anything I will enjoy that aspect of it. I just wish some technical things could be fixed. These are the things I have been saying on here but no help just banishing comments. Thats all I am going to say and not going to waste anymore time with you people and the worthless comments you have made to me most of the time. I hope you are happy in achieving this because it seems to be the goal on this thread.

10. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Everyone can see the word 'you' three times in your original post at the top here.

When you quote someones post in your reply then you are addressing that specific person and their post. In your reply are telling that person that what they are saying is BS. That is clear to anyone reading it except you.

Keith, I don't want to derail you train of thought but everyone has tried to clarify TS matters for you but you don't seem to be able to take advice from people with more experience than you.

With that, I'm out of here and I wish you all the best and a Merry Christmas.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, Cat, and I think I'll follow suit - this thread has run it's course.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you too. :))

I like the train in your avatar.

13. ChooChooKeith

Merry Christmas! To All!!

14. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

it is a big improvement cause we can have scenarios with hundreds of Ai on high graphics cause originally 32 bit would actually crash all the time and only way to stop that was to lower the graphics settings now we don't have to.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

It is a Old Game started out as Rail Simulator, Railworks, Railworks 2: Train Simulator, Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012, Train Simulator 2013, Train Simulator 2014, Train Simulator 2015, Train Simulator 2016, Train Simulator 2017, Train Simulator 2018 and Train Simulator 2019 every year DTG update the game to the new year and sometimes gives the game new features or new routes but not every year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The problem is ChooChooKeith has only just found TS2019 and assumed it was a new game.
    A lot of us have been playing this game for a good number of years.
    Yes, the Editor is broken in 64bit so people use 32bit but as you say 64bit gives better graphics and is more stable when running the game.

My last comments on this thread.

Merry Xmas and hope Santa brings you something in the Sale :)

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChooChooKeith

Yes and I saw the Railworks version a long time ago just thought it was updated like every other game out there. I dont know of any other simulator or game that does the way DTG did with the TS series. But then if it is an old game why do we have a thread called bug reports if they are never going to be fixed? I have asked this question before with no answers.

18. ChooChooKeith

When I have said in the past that the editor is broken I am told by others that it is not. Thank you for clearing that up. Because I have experienced the broken part. Yes I have takent the advice which I was already implementing to goto 32bit editor save every couple of minutes and then when done Clear Cache. That seems to be working I have also every other time done the verify file to clear any errors. Thats a lot to do in order to keep the Editor or sim from crashing though. You would think this would be fixed and I dont think 64 bit is going to do that alone.

Merry Xmas!!

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you are in 32bit and the Game crashes and won't restart - Don't do the File Verify but try this first.
    Open Task Manager and go to Processes
    See if RailWorks.exe*32 is running and End the Process
    Normally that is enough to enable you to Restart the game without the File Verify

Merry Xmas

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I believe the thread is there as some people might have had the same problem and might be able to help.
    DTG want people to report fault thru the System as they can keep a track of Problems reported.
    In another game various people had reported thru Facebook and a Forum but only two reported it thru the proper channel.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ChooChooKeith

Thanks for the help. I have tried that before but when I have done the clear cache after playing the game and then when I come back to play again things seem to run smooth. With my processor speed and RAM I should not have to do this thats why I keep hitting on why have they not fixed these bugs that happen. but I will continue to do that process.

22. ChooChooKeith

I dont expect anything in a short time as all my comments are suggestions not demands. Why is it that when I make a comment or comparision that the same 4 people knock down everything I say. The comments are not to knock down the sim but to try to see what improvements can be done with it possibly. TSW to me is just another simulator that came out about the sametime as TS2019 which makes no sense if TSW is suppose to be the sim that takes Trains beyond what it is now. To me the improvements should have been done in TS2019 but all you can tell me is that TS2019 is the same as 2015 and on. I have seen the reviews on both of these sims and a lot of people do not like many things on both. TS2019 and TSW both have the train models down. what is wrong with either one is that the routes have a lot of problems. I know that TS2019 does and I have seen comments on TSW with the same kind of problems. On The point of flight sim. Look at where it started. Go back and look at it in the 1980's where it was Sublogic. Would you play that I dont think so. but I had it because it was the first of its kind and then the advancment of that Simulator to the MS series is amazing. TS has been out for several years including Railworks. I think by 2019 it would have more advancement. Yes 64bit is great but the bugs that sometimes dont allow us to play the sim because of signals having issues the editor with many issues. Thats all I am saying about it. Yes in 2019 it could be better.

23. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The same 4 people are getting alerts and respond to them. People who haven't responded probably aren't looking at this post any more...

I think the comparrison between FS and TS isn't valid and it's for one main reason. The generations of FS from 0 to X included core engine updates at every generation, so FS0 was DOS based, then up into 3D modelling and finally into directX. As microsoft technologies developed generally so did their gaming mechanics and capabilities.

DTG haven't done that. TS2019 uses Directx9... So that's a system released over 10 years ago... This is where the core limitations come from NOT from the lack of will or want of add ons. Microsoft would have updated the core to Dx12 which WOULD allow much of what you ask, but DTG have NOT done this. This has been the same since I don't know when, but basically the core engine IS the same as it was, even if it's now 64 bit as opposed to 32

The same with Unreal Engine... DTG have stated that the version they're using is even now out of date... And they're still learning the system and trying to adapt it to three core structures in windows, PS4 and Xbox

So back to your suggestions. They're fine and in some circumstances WOULD be workable (if complex) to get working BUT they cannot in the current TS software.

• Like Like x 2
  24. ChooChooKeith

I dont disagree with you on your points. I just think this simulator could be a lot better especially with the technology that is out there to allow them to do things.

25. ARuscoe

IF they rewrote the whole thing to work on those new engines which would then stop old DLC working... in other words TSW

• Like Like x 1
  26. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

I'm not sure of this has been said before but the multiplayer should not require everyone to have all the same content because inevitably some will be missing for someone. Instead it might ne better if the game could select similar rolling stock to missing stock based on lenght or cargo.

I think Open Rails and Run8 do something similar.

27. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It does not make a difference as Multiplayer Will Not Happen with any version of TS20xx

28. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

TSW and TS does not need multiplayer its better with out otherwise idiot people can switch lines and make everyone derail

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  29. thomas.gilbert001

thomas.gilbert001 New Member

Hi there i have been thinking about the multiplayer situation for a while as i know that i know if it was implement the question would ask. "How would we stop the people being trolls?", well i have been thinking about this and it came to my head after i was watching a Trainz video as i recall when a train went over a junction and the points were against them the train would be derail, like it would in real life, then it moves onto trains going through red lights on train sim, well when that happens unless permission from the signaler then it would end the scenario. So what i purpose is say we have 20 people on the Euston-Birmingham New Street (yes that is a route that can be downloaded at uktrainsim) and some of those drivers decide to think it will be funny to jump red lights without permission, so what do you do simple, do exactly what the game does by default says passed red light game over and it kicks you off that so why not do the same granted they can keep trying to come back and do it but it will still be same result, pass at red, fail get kicked. As for points being set against players well that will depend on how the signals are working in harmony if the train goes over a point that isn't set correctly it should derail them and remove them, if the server was set up and it couldn't be changed such as in the server options passing red lights exits them from the server (unless permission from signaller), if trains over speed for more than 20 seconds maybe less depending on what is going on further won the track. Emergency brakes kick in and provide 1 warning if it happens again they get removed from the server. Same thing applying to those that might try and ignore the junctions, maybe have a ranking system too showing how good that person as a train driver is, this is just my suggestion i hope it wasn't too long but i personally can't think of any other way to counter the trolls from interfering with real drivers that want to just drive normally and realistically. If you guys have any other suggestions do feel free to add them on, have a nice day/afternoon/evening/night or whenever you read this.

• Like Like x 1
  30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The problem with Multiplayer is Train Simulator does not support it and there is no way to change the Base Code of the Game

Train Sim World which is a different, newer game might, eventually have multiplayer - but I doub't it
    And mainly for the reasons you have stated.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  31. ARuscoe

The "play alongside" method is more likely to work than the "co-operation mode" and to be honest, removing a dispatcher for changing points against the driver wouldn't make the driver any less annoyed...

• Like Like x 1
  32. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

33. ecoops321

ecoops321 New Member

Yes, as much as it would be nice, i see different servers (Routes), a bit like normal you have the programmed AI, which in this case is actually real players, and they choose any route possible to select. This is 99 % impossible however.

34. ChooChooKeith

I am not worried about trolls because that can be handled as they do with flight simulator. I fly on VATSIM all the time and they some people come on there that do that kind of stuff but if they are caught then they get kicked out. also just turn crash off and really trolls cannot do anything. Jumping red lights could be something that the server may recognize or just the players in the session could report it . just like any other game using MP they have monitors that can kick you off the server. so there are ways to prevent that stuff. And really it does not matter whether your playing Call of duty or Train simulator or flight simulator. so yeah you have to have rules for the server always. Train simulator might be just too difficult to make MP happen but good discussion and some ideas maybe we figure the solution out. I think the biggest thing though is the routes which now there are so many. If there was a way to select a region and then play it might work. For instance German region or England. but that mean the regions have to be connect together somehow. otherwise I dont see MP working as well.

35. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Keith, as I just sat through this thread reading many of the comments and responses, I have honestly developed a headache. What you are doing, is asking about a possibility of what can or cannot be done. In which you yourself have acknowledged may or may not be possible, if I recall. The issue is, you want people to give you the answer you're looking for. And not what they're stating to you, because you don't want to agree with it, you consider it in some way or fashion as an attack. What is also interesting, is how you've repeatedly mentioned how unstable the editor is, in the very product you want to see MP implemented in. I mean.. I don't know, it's just odd.

Now, there is a small possibility that MP could happen, but again, it's very small. And as stated, could be game breaking. And many, like myself, have spent thousands on content, and would not be very happy to suddenly find ourselves not being able to play this game anymore. You are expecting a decade plus year old product, that you, once again, repeatedly stated as being unstable to have a feature, that the company behind it, has no desire or any intention of ever implementing. Even in the off chance it ever does happen, it will more than likely be after the support for it has ceased, and possibly becomes freeware, which won't be anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  36. ChooChooKeith

This is because people on here in this thread do not understand MP obviously. I have been saying if possible not possible and has nothing to do with disagree. I like the multiple ideas but everyone goes no no no and no when it can be possible if you just think about it a little . Look at how other sims do it think of some ideas where it could work instead of everything negative..You say there is a small possibility but cannot come up with the idea. Then you keep stating that the product is old which is the first thing I complained about on having a product that is 2019 and is old . Has never made since so deal with what you have. If MP is not possible then its not . I responded to the comments of trolls which there are ways to deal with that issue but thank you for bringing it up so maybe as a community it can be solved. I get attacked on here for my opinions but the instance I respond and say I disagree you get a headache. whatever!!

37. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Keith, who are these trolls you speak of? Please name names so we can avoid them in future.

38. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Even though you have been told TS2019 Is Not a new Game but you still think it is because it has 2019 in the title.
    This is simply the latest version of the game which has been developing since the days of Railworks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_Simulator
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_Simulator_(video_game)
    Next year the game will become TS2020 and Your installation, the base files that make the game work, will be updated for Free.
    And everything you have purchased for this game will still work in TS2020.
    I have items from when I first started in 2012 which still work in TS2019 - how many sims can say that?

DTG have said that it is Not Possible to Have Multiplayer in Train Simulator - and I doubt you are the first person to ask.
    And we have told you this but you do not wish to listen

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  39. ChooChooKeith

Ok so what?? I never said it was possible or not possible but to just have opinions about it that is what the thread is. To be honest this game needs a lot of fixes for it before it could even do MP but its nice to brainstorm and thats all I have tried to suggest here.
    So for the 2020 game I get the base game for free and no improvements or what are the changes and why would I goto 2020 if 2019 is the same game???? makes no sense..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  40. ChooChooKeith

You miss the point as yes the editor has a lot of issue and they just came out with a fix for it. I am just looking at ideas. The other thing is even if the engine was updated what would be the ideas for MP. say the game is fixed so now what. Do you have any ideas on what MP would look like? Hell take TSW and tell me what MP would look like in that game? you cannot do it because all that has been said on this thread are just complaints. I have no seen one ideas.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  41. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The reason you get the Free update to the Core Program - the bit that makes the game work - is so Everybody is using the Same Software.
    Everyone has been told by DTG you cannot have MP in Train Simulator.
    Possibly in the Future you might have it in TSW as the Software that runs the game is a lot newer
    There is a Multiplayer Train Sim called Run8 - http://www.run8studios.com/index.shtml
    I'm not saying Buy it but have a read of how it operates and see if you think it could operate in TSW

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  42. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I cannot remember seeing one idea on how MP could be implemented or would look like from you. If you have previously made any suggestions, please re-post them here.

As for complaints, most come from you. You tell us that we cannot read, you say we're talking BS, you even call us trolls, simply because we are telling you something you don't want to hear or understand, that there will be no MP in TS.

If you really want a train sim with MP do as Peter says and look at Run8

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2