New York City Subway Line A

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JoeTransit, Dec 20, 2018.

?
  1. A Line only

2. C Line and A Line

3. C Line only

4. All of the lines of the New York City Subway

5. None of the lines

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

The New York City Subway "A" and "C" lines are part of the Eighth Avenue IND Division of subway lines that run express and local, respectively, from Inwood - 207 Street and 168 St in Manhattan to Euclid Av in Brooklyn and Lefferts Blvd, Far Rockaway, and Rockaway Park in Queens. The A Line begins as a local service at 207 St, just south of the Harlem River, which separates the Manhattan island from the Bronx. It runs local until reaching 168 St, where interchange is available with the 1 Line and the "C" local line begins. After only one express stop at 145 St (where the "B" and "D" lines join), the "A" arrives at 125 St, its last stop in uptown Manhattan. It then runs super express, skipping numerous stops and achieving very high speeds, until arriving at the downtown populous of 59 St - Columbus Circle. After passing through Times Square, Penn Station, and Washington Square, the A and C end up at Fulton St (formerly known as Broadway-Nassau with connections to the larger Fulton Street subway complex), where interchange is available with many other lines. It is also the final station in Manhattan. After crossing the East River into busy western Brooklyn, the A and C still retain their express/local relationship. The last stop of particular note in Brooklyn (aside from Euclid Av) is Broadway Junction, where interchange is available with the J, L, Z, and M Shuttle. After arriving at Euclid Av, the C terminates and the A continues as a local service through Grant Avenue station before entering Queens. It now runs overground for the first time with several stops over Liberty Avenue. The A now arrives at Rockaway Blvd after said stops. A massive interlocking guards the rails east of Rockaway Blvd. One set of tracks continues east to Lefferts Blvd with two intermediate stops. The other veers south-easterly, heading through swampy, barren land. It then heads into Broad Channel, which is a peculiar island formation in the middle of the Rockaways and the rest of Queens. A Shuttle train also begins here. It splits just after heading on the Rockaways, with one line heading east to Far Rockaway, where there is a transfer for the Far Rockaway Branch of the LIRR. The other line heads west to Rockaway Park with the Shuttle train.

The "A" Line usually utilizes the R46 rolling stock, however it is sometimes seen with R32 rolling stock.
    The "C" Line usually utilizes the R160 rolling stock, however it is also sometimes seen with R32 rolling stock.

This would allow so much of an integration of NYC into TSW/TS20xx and it would revolutionize the current standard of mainline routes/stock.

• Like Like x 3
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You do realise the current LIRR System is in TSW not TS20xx and the two are independent of each other?

3. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Yes. The reason I say "TSW/TSxx" is because it would be great to have implemented in either game. Sorry for the confusion. Might I ask why you referred to the LIRR, when the Subway has nothing to do with it, since it is a commuter railroad?

4. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

I doubt DTG would move into Subway systems. There's no London Underground or U-Bahn ect. Things such as London Overground, Metro-North and the S-bahn are in the game but that's as close to a Subway that TSxx will go. I reckon TSW would be a more likely to have these as the lines are shorter than proper Intercity routes. 3rd party creators could be an option as Just trains have the frankfurt U-bahn and freeware developers have also made Subway or tram lines.

5. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

6. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to have a subway (of course NYC, especially) in TS. It isn't very likely they'll ever do it. As much of the system is underground. That is something that requires some serious information just to get started. There is so much that could be done wrong, especially even when there are things that are off about railroad routes, which obviously are above ground mostly. It would be best to have people who have very good knowledge of the subway system, and the intricate track layout, especially underground. Lots of stations that need to be modeled and all that. It's a lot of resources that would require it to get done. And you'd want people who are familiar and have more direct access to the information needed to get the project going.

7. Anthony Vo

Anthony Vo Member

I really don't care, as long as it's not as confusing as it is in real life, me not being a New Yorker

8. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Lol. Being a New Yorker, the subway system is so simple to understand. What makes it very confusing for some people is that we have made unnecessary lines. Like in London, all lines make all stops (with the exception of certain portions). In NYC, we have different names for local and express trains. Take the Piccadilly and District lines, for example. The Piccadilly line is express for the portion that it is with the District. In NYC, we wouldn't retain that name. Due to the NYC subway's history, we group lines based on track sections. Therefore, the Piccadilly would be called the District Express in NYC. Now, look at the A and C lines. They are literally the exact same thing between 168 St and Euclid Av. The A is Express. The C is local. This is also mostly due to exponentially higher ridership in NYC as opposed to London or Paris. Hopefully that helped a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The lines are parallel, with the Pic lines being in the middle of the District line, so even though they run between the same few stations the lines don't actually converge as such. I was on that section of line last week :)

10. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I love watching cab rides of the NYC subway, though sadly the number of units left with front passenger windows seems to limit the lines they can be done for. A chap called DJHammers has put some on YouTube and they're well worth a look in absence of a sim.

I love the old Redbird units, shame they're all silver nowadays.

• Like Like x 2