Issues When Driving The Class 444 On Portsmouth Route

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eiamw, Feb 13, 2019.

1. eiamw

eiamw New Member

Hi All,

I've only been using TS2019 since Christmas so I'm fairly new to train simming. I've done a few of the tutorials so have the basics of driving a train. I have some issues with the Class 444 and I've looked at the Manual but all it has is a picture of the cabin and controls which I've printed for reference.

1 - I use the mouse to switch on the Master Key, then put Reverser into forward. When I try to drag the Power/Brake handle it does not move down to the driving notches and the train doesn't move. If I press the A key on the k/b the train starts to move but seems to accelerate very quickly so I end up using the D key to slow it down. But while the A & D keys operate the train the actual Power/Brake handle doesn't. As the A/D keys don't give me an visual feedback I've been using the HUD Power Lever, but still no animation of the Power/Brake handle.

2 - What is the DRY (key Y on k/b). I've no idea what this is supposed to do?

3 - Once the train goes over a certain speed (approx 10 - 15 MPH) a pulsating alarm starts to sound and the only way to stop it is by bringing the train to a stop. It actually sounds like my home smoke alarm going off. This does not seem to be a speeding issue as it happens even when I'm well below the speed limit for the track.

4 - On the external view in one station the passengers walking on the platform were "levitated" around 1 metre above the ground - a very strange effect.

Hopefully someone here will be able to clarify these issue for me, especially no. 3!

Regards,

Tony

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

1> Don't know why the lever isn't working but then I always drive by the keys, so hopefully someone else can replicate this

2> The DRA key (Driver's Reminder Appliance) is what drivers set when they are stopped at a signal at danger or when they are at platform and the lights are anything but clear (ie green). This "reminds the driver" to be vigilant of the signal ahead and stops the accelerator working, often interlocking the brakes to step 2 or 3 as well

3> On the PDL especially, the Drivers Safety Device (DSD) goes off every minute or so, whether you change a setting or not. This can be acknowledged with the E key

4> Which station and what are your graphics settings. I play on an older machine so I often have missing assets, platforms even a multistorey car park. If I drive from Cardiff towards Newport there are three levels of levitating cars!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. eiamw

eiamw New Member

4. eiamw

eiamw New Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Hopefully someone else may be able to explain the fact that the Power/Brake doesn't actually move,
    So DRA is not essential to driving - good to know thanks.
    As regards the alarm I thought it may have been the DSD and kept pressing "Q". I also have TSW (also only since Christmas) and that uses Q, so next time on TS-2019 I'll try using "E".
    I can't remember the station with the "levitation people", but I'll not it next time. My graphics settings are high but I may need to play around with these as the graphics on TS-2019 are not great, say compared to TSW for FSX (flight sim).
    Regards,
    Tony

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Hopefully... I will try to replicate myself next time I get on TS
    Nope, only for realism
    To my knowledge the PDL is the only route where DSD acknowledgement IS done separately from the Q key, but this is what the manuals are for.
    They all use difference graphics engines, so there is no valid comparrison. TS1 uses a 12 year old engine

• Like Like x 1
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I just did a run on a 444 from Surbiton towards Woking.
    There is a Drivers Key and Clicking on it does make it turn but it makes no difference
    I used CTRL+D to isolate the DSD
    The FWD - REV can only be used if the Brake Handle is in Emergency and it moves with the Mouse or W / S keys
    The Power handle also moved with the A / D keys and with the F4 Hud - but I did not try moving it with the Mouse

Not sure why your power handle does not move?

Peter

• Like Like x 1