Pre-order Train Sim World: Main - Spessart Bahn

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

TSW_MSB_1920x1080_PreOrderDiscount.jpg
    A wondrous mix of steep gradients, scenic hillsides and swooping turns come to life in Train Sim World: Main Spessart Bahn, a timeless freight-heavy and passenger-laden corridor through the heart of the German countryside. Reproduced in exquisite detail, every station, signal and milepost feel so real you could almost reach out and touch them.

Pre-order with 20% discount:
    http://bit.ly/TSW_MainSpessartBahn

Find out more:
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...548.692537198.1549801108-432482769.1547559088

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Wait what Screenshot_20190214-135014_Chrome.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I don’t think Steam can read how big the route is as it probably hasn’t been uploaded. Hence the 0mb size.

So it’s basically just the product description at this time.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

It would be useful to know how much space is required my Steam drive is running out of space...

5. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

The germans have perfected compression!

• Like Like x 2
  6. TrainSim-Dmitri

Exactly, but it still should not have been there, which has been reported (and hopefully fixed soon).

7. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

TrainSim-Dmitri

Would I be safe in assuming that the German PZB/LZB safety/signalling system is functional in this dlc?

It's not mentioned in the blurb .......

8. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Awesome. I stumbled upon this while browsing and bought it right away! February 21 will be like Christmas for rail fans.

9. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

This DLC seems rather errmm lacking ? 2 of the 3 locos have already featured in RSN (185.2 & and Doppelstockwagen) and at 32 miles it will be one of the shortest routes in TSW.

It seems like the steep grades/Banking operations is the only 'new' feature.
    I have bought every DLC since release, but I am not feeling it for this one. Pls convince me otherwise....

I'm not trying to be disparaging here , I'm sure alot of work went into it...but as a paying customer I am just not seeing value for money.

• Like Like x 4
  10. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Amazing.Can’t wait to play it.Preordered it as soon as i got the email notification ;).But one thing i would really like for this route is the good old DB BR 151 in Green or Red livery respectively.That thing sure can push up those pesky gradients and would look and feel incredible.Let’s hope that some fine german loco addons are in the making.Anyways,keep up the good work DTG and third parties(if involved).Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... more screenshots of passenger equipment than freight and no mention at all of shunting scenarios or sessions. Moreover, we're still waiting for promised freight scenarios/sessions for Peninnes route.
    This comment probably won't receive a reply until after pre-order period has elapsed a week from now -- or will it?

Holding off for now, but this does look interesting.

12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Impressive will pre order later.
    And to those who faulted my excitement. Shame on you really. The 52km route seems to have alot of planned stations to be built so will this stay as a 52km route or be expanded?

No mention of PIS though!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Agreed! This looks fantastic!

• Like Like x 4
  14. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. I will be holding off on this route as well. And I don't understand why they didn't create new rollingstock for this route. I don't live anywhere near here, yet from the wikipedia page, it seems like they could have created many different types of rollingstock that would be suitable for this route.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Modus-Wagen_Würzburg_0317.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schwarzkopftunnel.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Main-Spessart-Bahn_5086.JPG
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main–Spessart_railway#/media/File:Rail4chem_5097.JPG

Just examples of what a quick Wikipedia search brought up. Single level passenger equipment, even a repainted loco would have been nice. This would have pressured people into buying Hagen Finntrop, along with whatever else operates on this line, but instead looks like we get some copy paste passenger equipment with newly added PIS, and one new loco for passenger service. Way too steep of a price for people who already have Hagen Finnetrop.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

If DTG can’t get enough reference material/audio recordings then it’s virtually impossible to create new trains.

16. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

What makes you think that the "amount of reference material" they can obtain is a factor in regards to which routes they choose to make? The routes they make determine the trains that are used, after all.

• Like Like x 2
  17. raildan

On a less judgmental note (not that this route doesn't deserve to be judged, I'm still not sure if I'll buy it myself), here's a video showing the route from a driver's perspective, before 2017 as in-game. Despite the title, the video only starts about 4 minutes out of Gemünden.

On a more judgmental note, you can see that driving a freight train over the route only takes around 40 minutes, similar to GWE. We can also see all kinds of trains that aren't including in the game passing by.

That being said, in TSxx we see reused locos all the time. If this DLC was released later, when we already had a vast selection of German locos to choose from, the loco thing woudn't be as much of a problem. The route isn't any worse if it's being released now, is it?

As for length, it suffers the same problem GWE suffers from. However, that didn't stop GWE from being considered one of the best routes in the game, although it is still often criticized for this shortcoming. (The NEC route isn't comparable- there's not much to do. It's even shorter to cross the whole length of the route, and there's only 5 stations. I like its switching activities, though.)

Am I saying they shouldn't have added more locos? No. Am I saying they shouldn't have made it longer? No.

But even if it could be better, is it really a bad route?

...maybe, maybe not.

EDIT: Actually, the video goes a bit past Aschaffensburg, so it's actually more like 30 minutes. Still comparable to GWE.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Anthony Pecoraro

People were complaining that there weren’t any new trains.

19. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Then it is reasonable to assume that this is the reason behind the choice of route. It reduces the overall work to create the DLC

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I'm happy to be proven wrong and hell, I probably will end up buying it with the preorder discount...because I do love TSW and I always eagerly await new content. I assume it will feature PZB (even though it was not mentioned in the announcement); which I thought was really neat in RSN....but with almost the same locos it will just feel like RSN but slower with the steep grades ?

• Like Like x 2
  21. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

I wonder if we will see a preview stream or a service-mode timetable before release?

22. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

DTG always do a stream either on the day of release or shortly beforehand. I doubt you will see a service timetable though unless it is included in the manual which usually becomes available for download just before it releases from the steam store page.

23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The next stream is slated for Feb 22 as something they mention in their last stream.

24. raildan

Dang- I was hoping to see it before release. Guess not this time...

25. Anthony Pecoraro

No spoilers then. ;)

26. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

You're misrepresenting the complaint. The complaint is that DTG have recycled over half the rollingstock from RSN, so why is the price for MSB the same as RSN? DTG are effectively charging people twice for content they already own, as development costs for the BR185.2, the control car and freight cars have already been recouped through sales of RSN.

If we had the Editor we could use our existing BR185.2, passenger and freight cars from RSN on MSB. The reason we can't is because DTG has delayed the editor multiple times. Whilst release of the Editor is delayed (or cancelled) they now feel they can exploit the situation and charge us again for content we already own, which is disgraceful, as the situation which permits this exploitation was created as a direct result of DTG's short comings.

If DTG were charging a reduced price for those who already own RSN, say £19.99 normal price and £16.99 preorder, DTG wouldn't have any complaints and they'd likely make a lot more sales.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Nice path, I preordered immediately. But at what point are you (DTG) with the editor?

Digital Draftsman:I hope it's just a your guess that the editor may have been deleted by DTG...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I have not seen any announcements to the effect of the editor being cancelled...I think that is just speculation on his part.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Digital Draftsman

Yes, that's just my speculation, but usually projects where multiple target release dates are missed across multiple years, it's very rare that those project ever makes it to release, the overwhelming majority end up cancelled. As time passes, at some point one has to drawn the line and conclude 'it's not coming'.

I'd also add that DTG's business plan doesn't suggest that the Editor is coming any time soon. To have the audacity to charge customers twice for content they already own indicates that DTG regard each DLC as a 'stand-alone' item, rather than content to be used in conjuction with the Editor in the near future.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Honestly a speech that has a logic. Certainly if a user can not decide to put a train convoy as he wishes, or to create a freight train, for example, on the Leipzig route, TSW is and will be a program with a very limited longevity (for me).
    Hope for good, but the wait is really unnerving.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Well, we can only go off the information we have...the editor was shown off at length recently in the DTG stream and everyone came away from that fairly impressed with the features and assumed it wasn't too far off. Since then we have not heard anything more (afaik); if I had to guess, I think we will see it released before June this year at least...but this is based off nothing of course, just speculating.

I'm sure DTG want to get it out there as much as we want it out there as 3rd party development means more $ for them and we get more content which is a win win for all concerned.

• Like Like x 3
  32. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It looks promising however DTG have not shown a consistent rising level of quality despite the promise shown by RSN. Equally whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the stream on the editor I've been very disappointed with the complete lack of silence on the subject since. I think I'll wait and see what the reports say first and maybe pick it up in a future sale.

33. TrainSim-Dmitri

Thanks Fabrizio520,

Hope you will enjoy the new route.

The Editor is getting there, and it's closer than many think.

• Like Like x 10
  34. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Thanks for the post Dmitri.
    As I said before, the work done on the TSW is breathtaking.
    So keep it up.

• Like Like x 4
  35. Digital Draftsman

I might believe you if your predecessors hadn't said similar things in 2017 and 2018. The excuse is always that DTG are working to make sure the Editor is perfect and bug free, which again I might believe if DTG displayed a similar level of care in its DLC creation, but it doesn't.

I also notice there's no comment on why people who own RSN are expected to pay again for the same locomotive and rollingstock they already have. Why is there no discount for RSN owners? I'm genuinely interested to hear DTG's reasoning on why they believe it's fair that people should pay twice for the same content.

• Like Like x 2
  36. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Please stop moaning :(

• Like Like x 10
  37. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

I have pre-ordered for € 23.99. For a new locomotive like the DB BR 146 and some new freight wagons, the price seems reasonable to me. I am a maniac Of the railways. Every little detail is important to me. The pilot carriages are DBpbzfa, while on RSN they are DABpbzfa.

• Like Like x 4
  38. TrainSim-Dmitri

We have created the Main-Spessart Bahn with a different idea in mind than Ruhr-Sieg Nord, and we included new content in the package.
    185.2 received a new livery
    146.2 - is new
    Shimmns-TTU 722 and Roos-t 645 freight wagons are new
    We also have plans for new rolling stock that will be usable on both routes, coming later.

I understand you might feel that we are asking you to pay again for the existing content, but on the other side, you wouldn't expect us NOT to include the existing content in the Main-Spessart Bahn, in addition to the new content.

• Like Like x 12
  39. Dirk223

Dirk223 New Member

But why can the BR 143 not been included in this route if you own the RSN? :) Than there is more variation in the Ai traffic.

40. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think it is what he wants to believe! Why would they showcase an editor then cancel it?!

• Like Like x 2
  41. theorganist

Personally I am looking forward to this route, it looks very scenic and personally I am not bothered about "recycled" trains.

• Like Like x 4
  42. theorganist

You are paying for a new route and there is one new train as well as the two "recycled" ones. how much do you think each train is worth? If you pre-order you get it cheaper or you can wait some time for one of the many sales if you really think £19.99 is too much, I think it is value for money for the enjoyment I will get out of it. I think you are just nit picking, with TS we often get routes with re-used trains and never got a discount and I have never seen it being a problem.

If DTG produced the whole of the UK rail network and every train suitable for it for £50 you would still find something to moan about!

As for the editor they have said above it is closer than you think and you clearly still want to believe it isn't coming. What will your complaint be when it is released?

• Like Like x 5
  43. Digital Draftsman

It's not a case of me feeling anything, it's an objective fact. DTG are expecting people to pay for content they already own. Obviously omitting duplicate content would be silly as it would detract from the experience, but the smart move would be a discount for those who own RSN to compensate for the content they already own being reused in MSB.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Digital Draftsman

The amount I think a particular train is worth is irrelevent to the point I'm making.

If I buy RSN I get a route, two locomotives, coaches and several wagons for £24.99

If I then buy MSB I get shorter route, one locomotive, two new wagons for the same price of £24.99

I'm getting less new content for the same price. This is why DTG should offer a discount to those who already own RSN. That way the DLC would offer the same value to all who purchase it. Otherwise people are effectively paying twice for the same content.

MSB looks like a really nice route, but if you own RSN already, it's poor value for money. I'm highlighting this point so DTG can change their pricing strategy, make the product better value for money and make it more likely that people will open their wallets.

• Like Like x 7
  45. TrainSim-Dmitri

To be completely fair, I can see where you are coming from.

We will take this feedback on board for our future releases.

• Like Like x 10
  46. Anthony Pecoraro

Digital Draftsman You don’t seem to understand that the Dostos aren’t exactly the same as RSN. They have different interiors and slightly different exteriors, and the 146.2 is a new locomotive.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Dirk223

Dirk223 New Member

Dmitri when can we expect a TAA/FXAA fix? Because this is a problem for a longer time in the game.

And hopefully we get the BR 151 in the near future :)

• Like Like x 1
  48. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Very forthcoming with info and im very appreciative of that

• Like Like x 2
  49. theorganist

Or you could pre-order it now and get £5 off you don't have to pay £24.99!

• Like Like x 1
  50. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Anyone wanting to avoid disappointment, I’d advise to wait until reviews and some actual video footage comes out first.

Pictures may look pretty but they can’t express how things sound and behave, which is one of the most important things when driving.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.