Pre-order Train Sim World: Main - Spessart Bahn

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Or avoid mischevious twaddle and make your own minds up on what you want to play...

As for train physics, you will never get the sensation of driving a real train sorry. Although Alan Thompson says TSW is a "starter train sim" (bollox ) and "arcade stuff", TSW IS better than TSXX for physics in my mind. Don't know how other drivers see it though.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

In fact, apart from the new AP 319 London to Brighton stuff (which has a ton of payware add-ons in the vid), not much else comes close to the new offerings..and its easy to play TS 20XX on a gamepad too, to dispel the fantasy that TSW is "arcade"...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I do not so much care about small variations. I do not think I want to pay a full prices for two red electric engines and more similar double stock cars. The only really interesting part are the additional freight vans, but only when the content editing tools are available. I definitely would prefer a diesel shunter and a bunch of nice freight vans. I will skip this add-on till it is offered with 40-50% discount.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Im just glad we have a realistic simulator (graphically) physics are spot on.
    Cant please everyone and Im glad DTG found it fit amongst all the backlash to provide us with a really good immersive simulator you can doss around in and walk about. Dont have to just drive, nd thats what extends the gameplay in my humble opinion.

TSXX is great for variation but things take time.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I remember in one of the threads for this there was something from Train-Sim Dmitri with the release date being Feb 21

7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Ora basta!

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, Anthony. The final part of this studio update includes this information from Matt:
    "Work continues apace on the Editor with dedicated engineers now busily working on bug fixes and other improvements. We’ve now proven the capability to build a scenario, cook and pack it locally on your machine and get that .pak file added to the main game in the new user content folder structure where the scenario can then be seen and played. It’s a huge milestone and, now that we’re starting to get to this point, I’m confident that we’ll see more rapid progress as the team iron out the remaining issues that get us to our Public Beta launch. I don’t have any more information yet about dates, but we are working on it, it remains a key priority for us and we’re hoping to roll it out as soon as we can."

I'm sure that the usual nay-sayers will downvote this information from Matt, but I find it very positive and promising.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well I have pre-ordered every other route so far bar one and not been disappointed yet so I will continue in the way I have done so far.

• Like Like x 6
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It seems positivity is not encouraged very much on this forum. Some will be telling us the editor isn't coming up until one minute before it is released!

• Like Like x 3
  13. solon

solon Active Member

[​IMG]

I pre-order this new route. But I hope this time there will be a real road traffic on the roads, and not a scam as in the previous routes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Having read the marketing blurb, there are a couple of new things to look at on this new release, the implementation of having moving traffic on the roads sounds interesting, as does the banking locomotives on the steep gradient on this route, as well as a new electric locomotive and some new wagons, car carriers especially, and a working dockyard with animated cranes, although, I have that gut feeling that we won't be able to get our locos and trains under the cranes as such, so, probably just aesthetically pleasing, rather than an operational asset, but, we'll just have to wait and see what is offered from the team, and a video to watch would be very welcome.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There are moving cars. :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mkdog45

TrainSim-Dmitri When is this coming to PS4. I love the look of it, especially the dock. It is great to see the destination blinds and moving cars.

• Like Like x 2
  17. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

On Twitter they answered with the followig:
    https://twitter.com/railsimulator/status/1096123028365283328

So that probably means a week or a bit more later.

18. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

The locale, attn to detail and new animations are very nice. Had a few new locos been added, this very well couldve been the best yet. Maybe we'll get dlc locos to add on later

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mkdog45

can anyone provide a route map, so that I can see the stops.

20. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Sorry for late reply.

As xD 2Bad4You said, we are following our regular console release schedule, which means you can expect Main - Spessart Bahn to ship within 3 to 6 weeks after it's PC release (if everything goes right, of course :) )

21. Mkdog45

Thank you for that. Also like I posted above could you provide a route map, so that I can see all the passenger stops.

22. jursly

jursly Member

TrainSim-Dmitri why will Xbox and PS4 not get the 20% off for pre-ordering ??

23. Mkdog45

I think it is because it is harder to put sales on PS4 and Xbox than on steam.

• Like Like x 1
  24. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

At this point we dont know if we wont get the pre order discount. On PS4 they had the last route discounted for preorders. Maybe when they announce the Console release date in a few weeks, we will see the preorder discount again and on both platforms this time. (Seriously dont exclude one platform like the last time without any explanation why) .We wil have to see.

25. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Changed my mind. The new features made me decide to pre-order it despite I do not like the endless stream of red German loco's. I like diversity in how things look and would locve to see an more classic German Route.

• Like Like x 4
  26. TrainSim-Dmitri

Hi Mkdog45,

Our creative team is currently working on the route map. I would expect it to ship somewhere this week or next week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

So it might not ship until after the DLC been released? Will the manual not include the route map?

28. TrainSim-Dmitri

Apologies for the confusion, I just double checked, the route map will be included in the manual, which will be included in the package when the DLC ships on Thursday.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  29. Mkdog45

TrainSim-Dmitri Can you confirm if the internal display boards work or not.

30. TrainSim-Dmitri

I'm afraid, it is only the external display boards that will be functional in this DLC.

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Mkdog45

Thank you for letting me know.

32. Schnauzahpowahz

Though it may not be what everyone wants to hear, thanks for the team being on point with answers - not always common in gaming development

• Like Like x 4
  33. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Whilst certainly not a DTG cheerleader I do have to say Dmitri seems to be fairly responsive to forum requests/queries within the constraints he has to work within i.e. only being able to comment on subjects that have been officially announced. Judging by the last studio update it seems as though some of the gripes have been heard by senior staff. DTG's communications could be far better of course but at least there's some progress.

• Like Like x 11
  34. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Thank you for responding to us. Are there plans to investigate/explore the interior PIS in the future?

• Like Like x 1
  35. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to buy this route addon even if German railways are not my priority interest.
    Dmitri can you give me some hint if there are some plans to boost this route in near future with Loco DLC. (like WSR + BR 33)
    I like DLC collection around route like in TS (SP - Donner Pass; UP - Shermam Hill; WP - Feather River Canyon; etc...)
    Thanks!

36. TrainSim-Dmitri

Hi LimitedEdition,

Don't have an answer to you right now, I will ask and let you know. If I don't, feel free to ping me again.

Without going into much detail, yes there are plans to boost this route with a new loco in the near future. But there are not set dates that I could give you.

• Like Like x 10
  37. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Many thanks for reply Dmitri! That's all I want to know about, what & when details are not publishable right now, their time will come.
    (hope that term "near feature" mean 3-9 months as I see it ) ;)

• Like Like x 6
  38. Schnauzahpowahz

Now im like a shark with blood in the water :love:

39. TrainSim-Dmitri

Could be sooner than that...

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  40. Digital Draftsman

If it's that close to being ready for release, why isn't it included with MSB? That way MSB would have a similar amount of new content to RSN and thus give it a similar value for money. If you release a new German loco DLC just a few weeks after releasing MSB, it will be perceived by many as though that locomotive was content cut from MSB, to be sold seperately in a profiteering manner.

Previous locomotive DLC (Class 33 and GP40-2) were released 6 months or so after the intial routes for them, so it at least it was realistic to believe development began on them after the original route was released.

41. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Main-Spessart Bahn already comes with a new locomotive, a new variant of Doppelstockwagen and a new livery for the 185, as well as the introduction of banking services, moving cars and working destination displays. This is much more than other routes such as Long Island Rail Road, making this route definitely good value for money.

This locomotive dlc could be compatible with Ruhr Sieg Nord as well as Main-Spessart Bahn which is why it would make sense for it to be a locomotive dlc. It could perhaps come with more scenarios than usual, for both routes, and completely new services. It may also come with new passenger of freight wagons. This would be a very large addition to the base route, which would mean it would make more sense for it to be a locomotive dlc, and not part of the route.

• Like Like x 8
  42. NorthRail1

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  43. TrainSim-Dmitri

• Like Like x 2
  44. TrainSim-Dmitri

Where did you see me saying about a couple of weeks?:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Digital Draftsman

It's not necessary to have a loco DLC to permit stock to be used between routes. There's no reason why MSB couldn't included service mode scenarios for RSN for the new locomotives and stock it includes.

MSB is the poorest value for money, it's got the 3rd lowest items of new stock, is the second shortest route for TSW and has a high proportion of resused scenic assets. Generally if a DLC is low on new stock, RT and LIRR for example, this is offset by route length, with RT and LIRR being the 2nd and 4th longest routes.

If MSB inlcuded the new German locomotive, instead of it being a seperate DLC, then MSB would become the 5th best value route instead of the 9th(and least), with CSX:HH being 1st, RSN 2nd, GWE 3rd and NTP 4th.

I said a few weeks, not a couple. Matto said 3-9 months, you said it could be sooner than that, so you implied it would be less than 3 months before the next German locomotive DLC when previous locomotive DLCs were 6 months after.

46. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

Sorry to bother What's this new train they're talking about?

47. ex_railwayman

It's a DB BR146, which, according to wikipedia and other places, is an electric passenger locomotive first built around about 2000 and used for DB Regio commuter services.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  48. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

49. ex_railwayman

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  50. NorthRail1

MSBMAP.png
    As the route map from the Main-Spessart Bahn manual shows, several branches around the port of Aschaffenburg and Lohr are included. The line to the port of Aschaffenburg adds another 8 km to the route, and the branch at Lohr is another 4 km long, bringing the total length of the route to 64 km long, making the length around the same as Ruhr Sieg Nord.

One of the main selling points of the Main Spessart route are the new features which you haven't mentioned when evaluating the route's value for money. The implementation of banking operations will have most likely been complicated, and so will the implementation of working destination displays, which are two major features in Main-Spessart Bahn which haven't previously been featured in Train Sim World.

The scenery looks to be of higher quality than other routes. From the images shown, this route appears to be much better quality than routes like Rapid Transit and NEC: New York. I think this route has the potential to be the best quality route so far released by Dovetail Games for TSW.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.