Train Sim World: Main - Spessart Bahn Out Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Feb 21, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

SteamAnnouncement_1000x400_Text.jpg
    52 kilometers of stunning German countryside awaits you along the Main Spessart Bahn! Take control of the brand new DB BR 146.2 or try out the brand new Banking operations to get heavy consists up long, steep grades.

Watch Trailer:

CLICK HERE TO VISIT STORE!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The 143 can be used on it too!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Really? That's great news!
    Can the Railion 185 or the 146 be used on RSN as well?

4. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Ah, cool! I was wondering about that.
    Haven't played it yet, but according to Dmitri, the 185 in railion livery CAN be driven in RSN. Don't know about the 146.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

I must say, what a pleasant surprise it was to find that the 143, the 146 and 185 in 2 liveries were available for both RSN and MSB.
    This is awesome thank you!!

EDIT: Awww the 146 wasn't supposed to be available for RSN. Nevertheless, i really appreciate the fact that the 143 and the 185 livery made it to both routes.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. raildan

Ah, the whole bunch, then! Nice! I can't wait to try it later today.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

The download finally completed and I can confirm that both 185.2 Railion and 146 can be used on RSN.

Looking at the service mode, there are plenty of services, so the route should be quite busy which is nice. The world also feels more alive with road traffic.

So far my issues are the game immediately dumping the player into a tutorial straight from route selection instead of providing a choice.
    Edit - and the fact that while we have Aschaffenburg docks, no service or scenario uses it (diesel only area?)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  8. raildan

Yeah, it's always done that.

Nice to hear that service mode is good!

9. Ninetofive925

One thing if you want to drive the 146 on RSN:
    It's only available for freight services atm, which isn't correct. It should be available for passenger services only.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

for me the 3rd tutorial does not work at the point of setting forward at 20% the train does not move

11. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I thinkit's a bit cruel to allow you torun to almost the top of the log piles in the dock area, but not all the way along the top...
    But there's a great deal of spaces to explore - I like it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I had this problem but I made sure I put the brakes into release then put the throttle for idle and left for a minute and then slowly increased the throttle. The same occurs while driving in scenarios you cannot apply power until the unit has fully released brakes.

Kman

13. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

After running half of the route from Gemünden (26 kilometers) with a heavy train full of brand new cars, I have this to say:
    + Services - I've encountered 6 other services with varied consists, the route feels pretty busy
    + Cab sway - the cab SWAYS. It felt really enjoyable and immersive
    + Road traffic
    + RSN locos on MSB and vice versa
    + Scenery detail - first promotional screenshots looked like RSN 2.0, but the route actually feels very different compared to RSN. The route is very detailed, I'd say even more so than any previous route.

- Silent junctions - I don't know about German trains, but Czech ones are noisy as hell when they go over a junction. In MSB, there is either nothing or it's barely noticeable
    - overall route length - yes, 52 kilometers is short. On the other hand, the route is very detailed.
    - Distant trees - I fully understand distant trees are 2D in order to improve performance, but these flat trees are very noticeable at km 63.2 going from Gemünden
    - Getting stuck - I got caught by PZB when eyeing the 2D trees mentioned above, bringing the train to a full stop I could not recover from being stuck on a 0.6% incline. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I got Amps in double digit numbers when trying to get the train to move.

Overall, the route is pretty solid and I can fully recommend it.

• Like Like x 11
  14. Anthony Pecoraro

Is it actual cab sway, or just track unevenness?

15. cobetco

cobetco New Member

So the 146 can be used on RSN but only for freight! haha
    and the 143 can be used on MSB, only in passenger service, and the door controls don't open, opse. great route though, having a blast.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

I played a little this afternoon, did the 5th scenario w the banker, got to the end of the route and was stuck at a red, thought it were natural so went on a walkabout. Time passed, much time. Looked ahead and a commuter svc sat at the depot and wdnt move. Not sure if a bug so i saved it - passed the red at danger and failed.

Other than this its nice so far. Pretty detailed, the cars moving is a nice touch , the cab seems to sway a bit at 60kph+ which ive never noticed before. The tankers and car carriers look amazing, very detailed.

Ready to jump in tomorrow and see what else is there. But i just cant shake the no new locos (yeah, technically a few are new but theyre just achingly similar variations)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ninetofive925

I mean no disrespect to Czech railways, but being half-Hungarian and living in Switzerland, i can tell you there's a world's difference between Hungarian and Swiss railways... I think it's roughly the same when comparing German and Czech railways.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cobetco

cobetco New Member

there seems to be something going on, because I have encountered this in Service mode, I cant tell if its the communters or the pathing on the freight trains wanting to go through the station and not around it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. darrell.sebastian

darrell.sebastian New Member

Did the tutorials, went into service mode with the 146. I can't unlock the doors in Service Mode. I've tried different scenarios, but always the same, can't unlock the doors. I've tried both using tab and doing it manually, but nothing happens. I'm kinda bummed, was super excited about the 146...

20. cobetco

cobetco New Member

set the reverser to forwards, and turn on the train power and lights, that fixed it for me. didn't fix the 143 though.

21. Anthony Pecoraro

The 146 isn’t supposed to be in RSN. Matt is looking into how to fix that. Also, the 143 has a problem opening the doors. To fix this, move the RSN .pak file to a different location to prevent the 143 from spawning on MSB. Matt is aware of these issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Could def be kinks need ironing. I looked at the commuter and it was coming towards me from the station but it had to cross my line. Never moved though, sat there for about 15 min

23. darrell.sebastian

Yea that solved it, thanks!

24. solon

solon Active Member

I read some small bugs not crippling, but altogether some returns are also positive as my impressions. The addition of the road traffic make the scenery lively. It's good ;) I hope to see that in others DLC.

It is again a good work DTG !

• Like Like x 1
  25. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Bravo the quality service

• Like Like x 1
  26. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Not to put too fine a point on it I'm getting really, really fed up hearing these sort of comments from somebody who's apparently "in the know" with "favoured access". :mad: It's high time DTG did their customers the courtesy of an official DTG representative posting these sort of workarounds/updates,preferably in a stickied thread, rather than a poster who may or may not be giving correct and complete information. Alternatively why aren't these appearing on the Kayako website?

• Like Like x 7
  27. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

The explanation of those issues by Anthony was taken exactly from what Matt Peddlesden said in Discord.

• Like Like x 3
  28. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

My first impressions are very positive. I like the moving cars, hope to see the retrofitted to older routes. The scenery looks well done and good quality as do the trains themselves, although have only had a quick spin in the 146 actually driving.

• Like Like x 1
  29. solon

solon Active Member

I have a question for DTG :

French people (thus always dissatisfied) complain that the DLC does not innovate. Nothing new or less interesting vs Ruhr. I do not agree with that. But I wonder why DTG did not simply develop the suite of the Ruhr DLC (the southern zone)?

30. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Theres a new studio update in the live article section. Where adding a traffic system to previous routes is the plan. With LIRR being the 1st.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. SamYeager270

So where's the link so that all and sundry can join this discord if they wish and share in this access? Alternatively why aren't Dmitri, Steve or one of the other DTG staff posting this sort of info in a place where it's easily visible to the rest of the forum?

• Like Like x 2
  32. TrainSim-Dmitri

Because we had no idea about any sort of communication about those issues going on Discord. In fact, it's sabotaging our work. My guess is that Matt was just trying to help someone, and it was happening out of our working hours. Discord is not our official platform so I suggest accepting any sort of information from discord with a grain of salt.

Just FYI, DB BR 143 IS supposed to be working on MSB. We are aware of the issue with some of the services, we are looking into it. For now, a suggestion has been made by the Dev team to uninstall RSN and try playing MSB again. Some users reported this fixed the issue. Obviously, there should be a proper fix for the issue, which will follow eventually.

Also, DB BR 146 is NOT supposed to be working on RSN.

If there are more issues that you've found please do not hesitate to let me know. I am probably going to create a thread for this.

• Like Like x 6
  33. TrainSim-Dmitri

FYI, a new patch is coming right now, patch notes will follow shortly.

• Like Like x 10
  34. jursly

jursly Member

TrainSim-Dmitri will the DB BR 146 later added to RSN in a fix or update?

35. TrainSim-Dmitri

No, 146 is exclusive to MSB and will not be added to RSN. You can, however, use 143 from RSN on MSB.

36. darrell.sebastian

Where will the patch-notes be published?

37. TrainSim-Dmitri

They are being worked on right now. They will be posted on the forums.

• Like Like x 2
  38. SamYeager270

Thanks for that clarification Dmitri. I wasn't blaming you. Essentially the point I was trying to convey, although perhaps not very well worded, was that there seems to be communications going on about TSW to a select few that really should be commuicated to the rest of the forum rather than bits and bobs of information dropped into various threads with little visibility to the bulk of the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  39. TrainSim-Dmitri

No problem, I understand how it may feel. There is no such communication going. AFAIK, this was in a public Discord chat, not in a private room or anything like that. But anyway, the notes should be very soon posted here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw-update-notes.15077/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

When the editor will be out you can use the locomotives where you want?

• Like Like x 2
  41. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

The DB 146 does not run on RSN in real life.

For information on the public Discord see this thread on the Steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/discussions/0/1479856439026253658/

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

Just to confirm what Dmitri wrote above, the patch notes for today's MSB update have been put in a new thread here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tsw-update-notes.15077/

Moving forwards we'll aim to keep this post updated with all updates - might be reformatted into an article or put on it's own page at some point, but we'll keep the information visible and let you know if it's moving. I appreciate the frustration you guys can feel at not knowing what the latest download was about - this new system should help us make sure that all patch notes are made public.

Best wishes,
    Martin

• Like Like x 7
  43. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

what is the deal with tutorial 3?
    if i follow all steps correctly i have no throttle power to move the train

44. Anthony Pecoraro

Try applying the brakes, then releasing again.

45. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I had the same issue I just set the throttle off and then applied throttle again and everything was fine.

46. elatn

elatn Active Member

I was doing the scenario "Doppelstock Delivery" after the update. Every time I had to stop in front of a stop signal, the emergency brake kicked in. The speed was below 25 kph, about 23 i think with the brakes applied and the speed was reducing, and still PZB applied the emergency brake. I have also confirmed "expect stop" signal at the distant signal. This problem include every signal I had to stop ahead of.

Another issue I experienced was between km. 63,6 and 63,8 towards Aschaffenburg. The distant signal was showing signal "expect stop". I applied the brakes long time before I passed the signal. So when I passed it, I confirmed it and suddenly the emergency brake was applied with the message "Geschwindigkeitsüberschreitung", which means speeding. I was surely below the speed limit of 125 kph, which is the v-max of brake mode M.

47. Anthony Pecoraro

You have to obey PZM M or U, not O. They have different speeds than O.

48. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Yes. The main feature of the editor is that it allows you to use whatever train you want on whatever route.

So essentially you could have a Class 66 run on RSN or whatever, even if it is technically impossible in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

that does not work since at that point the brakes are disabled in the tutorial

it was fully moving throttle up and down 1 or 2 times that fixed it

• Like Like x 1
  50. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

"It" being what? If you mean TSW, I'm immensely certain that you're wrong. I have purchased all of the TSW routes except the one that features Hicksville and feel safe declaring that this is the first route that has "dumped" the player into a tutorial.