PC No Arrival Time Upper Left In Service Mode On Main-spessart Bahn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maessyben, Feb 21, 2019.

1. maessyben

maessyben New Member

In service mode on other routes there is an arrival time indicated on the bar at the left top of the screen. In de Main-Spessart Bahn this is not the case. I hope this will be implemented because it can come in handy to know if your late or not.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Matt knows. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed this -- does it have to be turned on and, if so, how? However, knowing whether you're likely to arrive late isn't very realistic, is it?

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Basically there is no scheduled arrival time for the passenger services.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Why is there no scheduled arrival time for passenger services?!

In reality everything is carefully timetabled; The driver's walk from where he signs on to the locomotive, the time he takes to read notices and complete the various checks, the time he has to take to bring the train to the platform, the time to board passengers, the time to arrive/depart each station and the time he has to eat his lunch. Everything is timetabled and in the UK this timetable is known as a 'turn', the same happens on most European railways.

TSW is very unrealistic in terms of the timetable. When you start a service you're not given any time to set the train up ready for service, so if you do things correctly you end up running late from the start. Then on the WSR for example, it's impossible to run to time with the Class 09 as the timetable just doesn't allow enough time. As usual, this has been pointed out to DTG, but they don't care.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

It does seem like a rather strange omission from the service mode, having no times for the stops. It also removes the challenge of getting to each station on time, reducing the realism of the journey. Hopefully this will be changed at some point.

Another thing that I've noticed is the lack of limited stop services between Aschaffenburg and Gemünden. In reality, Regional Express services operate along the entirety of the route, so why are the only limited stop services between Heigenbrücken and Gemünden, they should operate to Aschaffenburg as well.

• Like Like x 4
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I hope that is just a mistake and not intentional and will be fixed. It has been a feature of all the other service modes so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

It is a mistake. It’s being looked at.

• Like Like x 2
  9. theorganist

I assumed it probably was, glad they are looking into it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Also, there's no train numbers for passenger services (like RE16, RB91 etc). They are only available for freight services (like DB 88118)
    They are present on RSN:
    20190227211044_1.jpg
    But not on MSB:
    20190227211111_1.jpg
    This is purely speculation, but it may have something to do with the fact that we don't get arrival times at stations, as the trains aren't referring to an actual service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

I doubt it. The services just have names, while the timing is specified in the editor for the specific service. To me it looks like they did not base this on a real timetable, although I could be wrong.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. theorganist

I think though there are other routes where the service timetable is fictional but there are still times for station tops. I hope and suspect it is a mistake and will be rectified.

• Like Like x 2