Speed Up Train Charging/add Etd Xbox One

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by leo121.ls, Mar 3, 2019.

1. leo121.ls

leo121.ls New Member

A couple of improvements I’d like to see to the Xbox one version.
    In free switch, I’ve been enjoying building a train with the cars in the starting yard, about 98. My consist arranged 3+2+1 then heading down to the southern end of the map and picking up the 2 additional Gp38’s and make the consist 4+2+2.

I understand that the Xbox is pretty limited opposed to the pc version (haven’t gotten to play yet) for good reason. One of the problems i encounter making my own heavy haul with the switch engines is the remote locomotives in the consist to just about everything besides help charge the train. This has lead to about a 60min< > charge time give or take for all the brakes to release. Would it be to demanding of a fix to either shorten the charge time or enable the remotes to do some pumping as well?

I’d also like to be able to hang an ETD to keep an eye on rear end pressure without haven’t to camera out to the end of my train to peak in the window of my last DP. It already has a headend device.

2. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

There are a couple of conditions that need to be met for a locomotive to recieve remote inputs:
    1.) The engine needs to be turned on. Most of the engines that you find laying around are turned off unless they are part of a service.
    2.) It's MU-2A valve must be set to "trail 6 or 26" because the GP-38 numbering is 26xx.
    3.) It's automatic brake must be set to "Handle off".
    4.) Warning devices must be turned off.

Another rule is that all engines must conected to each other with no vagons in between. Also you can set your reverser to neutral and throttle to maximum to speed up the release.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. leo121.ls

leo121.ls New Member

I appreciate the time for that. I have it all set up correctly. The trailing & remote motors do everything except charge the trainine air back up. I have throttle, dino’s, independent braking it just behaves like the single lead is fhe only one doing any charging to pump the air back up. I’ve measured no difference in charge time for that many cars with 1 loco or 6 in series. You can camera down the train line and follow the air and it releases 1 car about every 20seconds give or take.

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This might change when the new physics get released.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

New physics?

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes. DTG are reworking the physics of the CSX stock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

And then it’s compatible with console?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes.

• Like Like x 2