Euro Fishing My Thoughts ....

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by MrCrabtree, Jul 29, 2016.

1. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Been playing the game ever since it came out on xbox one now and without doubt it's the best fishing game ever made.
    The one problem I have with it is, if you don't fish the tournaments, which I don't because I can't always spend that ammount of time on them, then after you have caught all the 'boss' fish, the fishing becomes very samey at the venues, almost every cast gets a carp around the same weight. The one big improvement I think, for those who do not enter the tournaments would be course fishing venues, rivers, streams ,ponds etc, so you can catch a variety of fish on different baits and have keepnet full of all different species at the end.
    I'm sure the guys/girls at dovetail have thought of this and I hope sometime in the future they will do this, as I think that a gamer trying the game who is not necessarily an angler might find the game a little samey on the venues.
    Just my thoughts on improving the game.

2. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Same here, don't spend too much time on the tournaments, spending my time catching the Roach/Bream/Tench 'boss fish'.. Finished off the Tench last night (Church,Indy,The Doctor), going for the Bream today. Looking forward to some new venues and species, Always liked catching myself some Perch, so hopefully they'll introduce them in an update soon. Absolutely Brilliant game, giving fishsim2 a run for its money.

3. Soda Jack

Soda Jack Member

Cant argue with that, more meat on the bone is always good. The online multiplayer is an area I can imagine getting some attention in the future. DTG has lain a solid foundation with EF. Fishing games historically have been a niche genre. I'm convinced the EF IP could go mainstream if given the proper care. I have no doubt that DTG is onto something with EF.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Fishsim 2 was way ahead of it's time, I liked the float fishing where you could adjust the depth and you watched your float for a bite and not an icon

5. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Yeah.. If this game adopted some of the techniques from fishsim 2, like the float fishing setups you can adjust, better float visuals, maybe some swingtip feeder fishing, loose feed and groundbait choices, it would be unbeatable in the fishing game genre. Basically Fishsim2 with the euro fishing game engine.. Lol. That would do nicely.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016