PlayStation Main-spessart Bahn Console Release

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mkdog45, Mar 6, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Waiting for the loco on Rapid Transit

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Waiting to see what the virgin route is

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Now that the release date has been set for the Main-Spessart Bahn to come out on consoles.
    Capture.JPG
    I am wondering how many people are going to buy it.
    Positives from PC:
    + Services - I've encountered 6 other services with varied consists, the route feels pretty busy
    + Cab sway - the cab SWAYS. It felt really enjoyable and immersive
    + Road traffic
    + RSN locos on MSB and vice versa
    + Scenery detail - first promotional screenshots looked like RSN 2.0, but the route actually feels very different compared to RSN. The route is very detailed, I'd say even more so than any previous route.

- Silent junctions - I don't know about German trains, but Czech ones are noisy as hell when they go over a junction. In MSB, there is either nothing or it's barely noticeable
    - overall route length - yes, 52 kilometers is short. On the other hand, the route is very detailed.
    - Distant trees - I fully understand distant trees are 2D in order to improve performance, but these flat trees are very noticeable at km 63.2 going from Gemünden
    - Getting stuck - I got caught by PZB when eyeing the 2D trees mentioned above, bringing the train to a full stop I could not recover from being stuck on a 0.6% incline. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I got Amps in double digit numbers when trying to get the train to move.

The positives and negative are from here:

Are you going to get Main Spessart bahn, wait for the new loco in Rapid Transit or wait to see what route the virgin one links to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I will certainly be getting it, since i´m interested in German Railway and from what PC folks have been reported is that the route is solid. (Despite the little flaws, but nothing game breaking)
    I´m just awaiting an answer to the question if the Trainlength of the Freight Trains needed to get shortened on Console. Would be a shame if they needed to be shortened so much that the banking is just a gimmick but on Console not really needed due to the shorter Trains.

3. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

What's this virgin route referred to in this topic?

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I would like to pick this DLC up as I've not had a DLC since LIRR. But the Virgin WCML route would be good if it actually comes to something other than a visit by DTG. Honestly, why would they go up to Crew to visit the Virgin training center unless they were looking at a new route featuring Virgin...?

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

There´s currently no Virgin Route announced or any indication that one will come. So i would take that option in the poll with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

My answers would be, no, not getting this route, def not interested in RT expansion. Would be interested in a Virgin route but only when all the other stuff is fixed for the stuff I already bought and would like to complete.

For now in the poll above I just voted 'No'

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I'll be picking up MSB.

However, any more bugged trophies and poor updates may make it my last as I can't justify defending the product anymore.

8. Caineth

Caineth Member

I'm not buying another DLC until DTG fix the broken trophies. The game have been out for months now, with no confirmation that the broken trophies are even being looked at. Sadly at this point it seems DTG doesn't intend to fix them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I'll be getting it

10. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

The virgin route, I am indicating to is the article about when the team went to virgin trains.

11. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I'm conflicted, German routes aren't really my thing but the route looks good. However that £25 price tag is way too steep considering the base game was £40 for 3 routes. I would wait for a sale but I doubt it will happen anytime soon since LIRR still hasn't had a sale since launch.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

(caveat: I don't own a console and thus won't be purchasing the route on one. My views are based on the PC version)

The route itself is good and scenery feels different compared to RSN, but there are some issues as covered in the quotation of my post above. Content available is quite varied (stopping passenger, limited stop passenger, medium freight and heavy freight with banker loco). If you own RSN, then some of the locomotives are usable on the other route as well.
    The route is very short in terms of the travel time - 52 kilometers in length with an average speed limit of 100 - 130 km/h and non-electrified harbor area without a diesel engine to go with it (future paid DLC?)

I would recommend looking up some footage on Youtube and see for yourself. I'd say for 25 GBP, it's a hard sell for someone who is not a fan of German content.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coat

Coat New Member

There was a PS+ sale which included LIRR last week, but this may have been US only. Supposedly DTG has an annual sale on 3/23 though?

14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah U.S only I think. May have been tempted to look at LIRR if it was on sale.

15. Zouzman

Zouzman New Member

Hi, Ive bought it yesterday. Im realist and dont expect czech routes will be available in future, so german rails are at least close to it. First impressions are mixed. Maybe because I already had RSN, It seems to me like DLC for DLC. Anyway its working good, so biggest disappoitment is trophies. Im missing 2 of 3 at the moment :/. I hope that upcoming Taurus will be also repainted as Railjet and published for ps4 as satisfaction ive bought this DLC :) .

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Wasnt particulally interested in anything other than UK content. That said, I think this is my favourite DLC. The speed of the lines, the moving cars, the route itself is varied and very busy. I enjoyed RSN, but wasnt quite invested enough to keep going back where as MSB is. Simply because there is so much to see and do.

• Like Like x 2