PlayStation Let’s Be Honest.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dannyjpj, Mar 5, 2019.

1. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

So TSW is a good game for as long as you can tolerate driving the same routes again and again and again. Seeing the same sights, driving the same limits etc etc.

Good points
    -Amazing graphic design on the actual trains. Beautiful artwork and tremendous detail. Each train is a piece of art.

-It’s fun experiencing something you’d never have the chance to.

However this is where the game begins to fall. Let’s be honest after a couple of hours of this game we all get a little bored. There’s only so long you can do it!

Bad/improvement points

-The same routes

-Incomplete routes (why are we only getting a tiny portion of tracks)

-Buggy!

-Lack of modern trains available

-DLC price! Wat?!

-Poor communication from devs on upcoming features/updates and do they actually get any of our feedback?!

This game could be up there with the best of them. I get that it’s not easy to make a game either and updates cost a lot of money. But please! Dovetail! Do something new and exciting. For now, my TSW is going in the box for a while...

• Like Like x 14
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You are right about some of your points like poor Communucation and that some bugs needs to get sorted.

About the same routes, they do release new DLC. But of course not every route can appeal to everyone and creating a route takes a lot of time. Thats also the answer to your Incomplete Route point. It just takes a lot of time to build these routes in that detail and accuracy.

It would be nice though if they would start to release some scenario packs for certain routes. That would keep them fresh if they release them as a fair priced DLC.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  3. StarTr3k1701

StarTr3k1701 Member

I hate how badly detailed some of the routes are. On the New york route when you're on the bridge you can see the map border and just empty land. The water looks like plastic its embarassing. Steam trains seem to never be mentioned development wise during updates even though they are one of the 3 major train types. Also yeah the DLCs are absurdly expensive.

• Like Like x 5
  4. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

They're mentioned from time to time on the Discord server, the problem with steam trains is that they're incredibly complex and TSW (SimuGraph or UE4) isn't yet ready for them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

The biggest failure is that I see is they don't provide us a roadmap of what they are going to do next with the new version.
    The communication is one side also.

• Like Like x 7
  6. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

They don’t provide a roadmap because they don’t want to commit to anything before they’re sure it’s plausible.

• Like Like x 5
  7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

It’ll be hard for them to do a roadmap given licences and whatnot. I do like the fact we don’t really know what’s coming until it’s officially announced, yes we might have an idea but can’t say for certain.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

Keep in mind that not everyone has (or doesn't want) a Discord account. If they are going to talk about something important or interesting then they should do it on all their platforms. Social media and website included.

People assume too easily these days that because they use an app or whatever, that everyone will be using it as well. But boy are they wrong lol. I personally don't use or want to have any social media account (Discord included). That's why you'll see me (and others as well) checking the forums/website frequently to stay updated with the latest updates/developments (if possible of course).

• Like Like x 6
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

And unless I'm mistaken it's not even an official Discord account

10. trainandfarm

trainandfarm New Member

This game needs mods badly. I feel like they would heighten the experience of the game immensely.

• Like Like x 3
  11. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Are mods definitely coming or is it a case of if not when?

12. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I don't even think we would get mod support for the Ps4 or Xbox 1 versions wouldn't be able to handle same with the editor that's supposed to come out.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Mods are what keeps games like Euro Truck Simulator 2 alive (especially things like promods, who release high quality maps of full countries), and TSW needs them too.

Look at the Steam user ratings for that game, always around 95% positive, for a game released in 2013 that still has over 25,000 simultaneous players daily in 2019.... Now go and look at all the mixed / negative Steam reviews for Train Simulator and TSW.

SCS are a smaller company than DTG, but that doesn't stop them from creating a huge game world and epic simulation.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TrainGuyPS4

TrainGuyPS4 New Member

It's the bugs that are the single most annoying thing. I've noticed that new content always launches with the trophies at 0.0%. Compare that to most new launches where the trophies will usually be at 0.1% at launch - because the QA testers popped them and it rounds UP to the nearest 0.1%. This suggests a dire lack of testing on console ports before release.

As for mods, my understanding is that while Epic won't allow the UE toolkit to be adapted for console users (meaning we won't get the toolkit itself) it's definitely not impossible to make the actual mods available on console. Bethesda proved that over a year ago. The barrier will probably be restrictions or financial demands made by Sony/Microsoft rather than DTG themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lord_Beelzebub

Lord_Beelzebub New Member

This is why I have not and probably will never buy this game. I’ve played train simulator games long ago on PC that have a sandbox mode that lets you freely get into any train and do anything with that train you like. Couple up a consist of grain hoppers and drive to any grain silo on the map and load up grain, then take it to any selling point on the map. Once you’re done having fun doing that, uncouple those hoppers in a rail yard then hook up some log cars and go collect logs at a logging camp then deliver them to a saw mill. Hook up some box cars and go load up goods and deliver them to a selling point. Or go hook up some intermodal cars, drive your train to a cargo shipping yard and deliver them to various places on the map. And yes, even drive passenger trains and stop at whichever station you want to pick up and drop off passengers at.

With this game, regardless how great it looks, is boring as hell. Even in Service Mode you’re locked in to missions and once complete, game over. How many times are you going to play the same missions over and over before you’re bored out of your mind? What’s worse? The worlds you play in are lifeless. Stop at any passenger terminal or platform and it’s virtually empty of people wanting to get on your train. No cars on the streets, no people walking around, nothing. You’re driving a train in a post apocalyptic world. Part of the fun of any simulation game is the immersion of the world around you, especially if the main purpose of the game is to interact with the world transporting people via trains.

I so much wish this game was better than it is. Graphics are great, but they aren’t everything. I come back here to these forums from time to time hoping it has got better, but sadly no. This game and it’s expansions are too expensive for being so restrictive in how you get to play it.

I wish someone else would step up and make a better train simulator for console.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, we need more scenarios. I don't mind running over the same route because each time you do the more you learn about the route. I just like having new jobs to do on a route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Another user here that has no desire to use Social Media. DTG should use this forum to communicate.

18. 3440

3440 New Member

I don't even know what discord is so I haven't a hope in hell at whatever it is being posted there?

I totally agree about the lack of passengers etc in the game. I have taken a rest from playing the games at the moment and enjoying playing Red Dead Redemption II...…..The people in that computer game are everywhere. Its the best game I have ever played.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  19. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Discord is a social media platform designed for video game communities, especially on PC, to chat, post photos, and so on. The TSW discord is completely unofficial, but it just so happens there are some devs in it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

I don't have a Discord.... account (?), but if that is what Discord is, then what is the point of it in light of having a forum?

21. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Discord servers allow for voice chat and the 'overlay' allows you to send and view messages in the game, much like the Steam overlay, and can be built in directly to websites and probably video games. It is considered by its creators as a replacement for Skype and Teamspeak. In essence then, if Dovetail Games used Discord it would probably replace this forum entirely as it is cheaper and easier to use.

• Like Like x 1