Main - Spessart Bahn Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

This is a thread for you to report on the issues you encountered while playing MSB.

For everyone's information, we are aware of the issue with some services not working on MSB.

We have just received information that there is a patch coming right now. Patch notes will follow shortly.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I ran into a issue with service DB 88108 9 am I got stopped at a signal outside of Wiesthal station, there was a AI train sitting at the station doing nothing. After about 10 minutes I flew up to the train and opened all the doors for a couple of seconds, then closed all of them and then the AI train finally moved on and so could I. But I ran into a issue of not being able to stop at a signal.

So I re-ran then service and was able to get through it with no issues on the second pass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

This happens with any DLC that has rolling stock with buffers. This particular one is on MSB between a Habbiins 344 general freight car and a Zacns tank car.
    20190222120307_1.jpg
    There seems to be a bug with all buffers in general, and it started on West Somerset Railway, where the MK1's buffers would go through the locomotive's ones.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Ninetofive925

The Traffic red livery BR185 can't do any banking services in service mode. You can only acces banking services with the Railion livery BR185.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Notenbomer

Brian Notenbomer New Member

Quoted from https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/problem-with-sound-dabpbzfa-on-main-spessart-bahn.15062/

So when I started up the DABpbzfa there was no sound for the knobs I was pushing and turning. With that there is no screen wiper noice and there is no horn on the DABpbzfa. I don't know if it is a bug or it is just intended to be this way. But hopefully it will be resolved quickly because it is a great route.

Now I found out that there is no cab sound when you turn on the Train Line Power. When it is off there is no problem with the sound of the hron, the knobs, ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. MDBenson

MDBenson New Member

DABpbzfa Tutorial: I couldn't get the train to move forwards at any more than 10mph (~16km/h) top speed and it never completed the 'reach speed' step of the tutorial, in spite of me driving all the way to the next station at 10mph and stopping. The 146.2 tutorial (same train setup but opposite end) works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

I had the same issue with this tutorial I found setting the throttle to off then reapplying the throttle everything was fine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

There's a hole in the woooooorrrlld....

TSW_Coppo_1550935459_00.png TSW_Coppo_1550935765_00.png
    Just here...

TSW_Coppo_1550935459_00.png

9. Ninetofive925

This is more a missing feature than a bug i think, but in service mode there's no train numbers (i.e. RE81). Only freight trains get numbers (DB 8XXXX).
    More importantly, passenger trains don't have arrival times. You can just arrive whenever.

• Like Like x 2
  10. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

At night the cars (Road traffic) don’t have lights.(This is a bug?)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  11. elatn

elatn Active Member

I was doing the scenario "Doppelstock Delivery" after last patch. Every time I had to stop in front of a stop signal, the emergency brake kicked in. The speed was below 25 kph, about 20 I think with the brakes applied and the speed reducing, and still PZB applied the emergency brake. I have also confirmed "expect stop" signal at the distant signal. This problem include every signal I had to stop ahead of.

Another issue I experienced was between km. 63,6 and 63,8 towards Aschaffenburg. The distant signal was showing signal "expect stop". I applied the brakes long time before I passed the signal. So when I passed it, I confirmed it and suddenly the emergency brake was applied with the message "Geschwindigkeitsüberschreitung", which means speeding. I was surely below the speed limit of 125 kph, which is the v-max of brake mode M.

12. MDBenson

MDBenson New Member

Manual: Please can someone make some kind of effort to document the AFB functions on the BR146.2 and BR185.2? It's not covered in your handbook for this DLC or the Ruhr-Sieg Nord DLC and I cannot get it to work. no matter how many time I try.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ninetofive925

Matt has done a tutorial about this on his youtube channel you can check it out here:

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Slowboystruggles

Slowboystruggles New Member

500hz magnet in Aschaffenburg doesn't seem to be working in the Regionalexpress scenario. You get a double yellow, 1000hz is active but as you approach the red signal no 500hz monitoring happens.

Attached Files:

15. MyDayZz

MyDayZz New Member

I have a bug with the sifa system of the BR146.2. Sometimes when you press Q, it does not reset, resulting in an emergency braking. It seems to happen if you've been on the break menu.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Stand up then sit down again. That will fix it.

• Like Like x 3
  17. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

I found some issues on the Main-Spessart-Bahn and I hope they can be fixed.

Wheels on the Baureihe 143 are not rotating:
    [​IMG]

The date on the displays of all german trains shows a dot in the year (also found on RSN and S-Bahn Leipzig):
    [​IMG]

There are several typos in the cab of the Baureihe 143 and the translation for "Headlight" is missing in German:
    [​IMG]

One thing I'm wondering about is the shiny top side of the guard rails, where wheels never roll on. In the Northern Trans-Pennine add-on these parts are rusty like it should be:
    [​IMG]

The red parts should be rusty...
    [​IMG]

...like this:
    [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Brian Notenbomer

Brian Notenbomer New Member

The door indication does not work in the 146.

The T does not disappear when the doors are open.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  19. phil0912

phil0912 New Member

hello I've found some mistakes (related to all control car and the class 146)

In real you choose the exit side, and in the stand you press the white button down

To close the doors but you then put the selection just lock on all

In the game you have to press the white button to the top, that is not really true!

In addition, the button for the exit side selection is shown the wrong way round
    the long part of the switch always points to the selected exit page

To be on the Main Spessart Bahn, the afb is not working properly. The display communicates a default of 0
    Sorry for my bad english

I hope that will be fixed soon as possible

20. phil0912

phil0912 New Member

And i looking for some timetable on the service mode. In the other DLCs we have a timetable to hold

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

As far as I know, most ( if not all ) German locomotives that have an AFB system do never ever show the AFB speed in the red number display. This display only shows any speed if the LZB is activated ( it is the LZB target speed or "v-ziel" in German railway terms. Otherwise it shows nothing ( it is actually just turned off ).

The only thing that indicates the AFB predefined speed is the little white / yellow / orange arrow/markee next to the speed dial/indicator [ colors depend on which display the loco has ]. To have a more precise information of the AFB speed you've set, you generally use some of the detailed options on the side monitors. Such information has been confirmed to me by a friend of mine who's a train driver in Germany ( he normally drives Traxx locos ).

• Like Like x 2
  22. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

In the meantime I've also found some further information about what you're saying. It really depends on the door closing system being used. I don't know ( yet ) what is the system implemented in TSW but in Germany there's at least 4 types of door closing: TB0, SSTF, SAT and TAV. All of these work in different ways than others.

What you say may be true, but it depends if the BR 146.2 and the Dostos are indeed configured to be working that way or another way. To be honest I am not even sure if its possible to change the way they work ( if the Dostos have more than one door closing system ).

To me it seems that the BR 146.2 and the Dostos on TSW use the TB0 system, which does works OK, according to the videos I've seen so far. I will be buying this DLC soon so I can have a bit more of an insight about it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. phil0912

phil0912 New Member

Yes. The most used system for short distance service is "TAV" i have descriped in my text.

In long distance service at IC used "TB0" but in "TB0" you need a "Zugchef" to close the doors

The TSW simulated not any system, because in all systems dissaperred the door symbol in the monitor

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

I think they forgot as in most of the games the developers add an extra plane parallel to the road attached with the vehicles with light projecting textures, as seen in TSXX and ETS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Instruction on the Saturday Circuit scenario hangs. The instruction "Get started"or something like that (don't re,member the exact text) does not complete when you are up tos peed, therefore I cannot complete the scenario. Curious how they test the DLC. This should be found if it was tested, or maybe they decided to to fix it.

EDIT: found what went wrong. I did not release the parking brake.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I haven't had much time to test extensively, but the last two times I started a service mode train, I could not open the doors. The switches in the cab didn't work and the tab key menu also failed. I think it was with the 146.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Michael Newbury

I played this last night and a similar issue of a instruction hanging on, and that was once I was in the cab the instruction to charge the brakes that hung on me. But I was patient and it after a couple of minutes starting giving the next instruction and was able to complete the scenario.

28. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

I very like the physics in train. I feel so right when trains rolls down 2 per thousand. And brakes feels so right
    But one thing must be wrong. car train. Just car wagons. This train rolling so bad.
    It need 7-10 per thousand to roll and downhill slope. And if it flat the engine must use 90 % force to start the train.
    And if you remove the power then the train stops fast. (big difference to other trains). It feels the friction is to high in bearings or the brake is on.
    The rest of trains is accurate I think. Maybe passenger trains is wrong. First rolls it well but halfway you change direction and go to the other end. Then it rolls worse when you start the train again (it feels almost the handbrake is on).

29. Ninetofive925

That sounds a lot like dragging brakes... I haven't had this issue with any of the trains on MSB. Did you check your parking brake and brake cylinder pressure? The needle needs to be pointing to 0 for the brakes to be fully released.

• Like Like x 2
  30. jörgen Näslund

Yes parking brake I always check is not active (pressing parking brake release) and i know the brake take 1 minute to release. and yes brake cylinder pressure is 0
    This train with locomotive 185 is different against other trains.

You can test yourself in service mode Engine Br 185.2 clock 09:20 master switch forward (brakes released) and wait on 2 trains (the brakes must have released by now) It is flat in beginning and yet the engine needs 90 % power to start the train when the engine needs 40 % power in 10 km/h to remain speed If you take away the power the train stops relative quickly. It feels so bad this.
    It feels the brake or friction is way to high. But it is just these wagons i felt this. (not just this train all trains with just car wagons)

Tested to uncouple the wagons and the engine rolls good so it must be the wagons
    couple the engine to train wait 10 minutes to brake to release but the train is still a high friction train

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  31. Ninetofive925

Tested this particular service and you are right, the wagons do have excessive friction for some reason. Checked all brakes and parking brakes, including the ones on the autoracks only to find them all released. Spent 2 mins on 50-60% power and could'nt get the damn thing moving.
    This is weird as it's to my knowledge the only service in which this occurs. Other autorack services are also somewhat hard to get moving but not nearly as much as this one. Weird.

• Like Like x 4
  32. jörgen Näslund

Thanks for you testing this and came to the same conclusion. Hope they can fix this Dovetail

33. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

That'll get you every time -- at least it gets me all too often!

• Like Like x 1
  34. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I originally had this same problem, then realized that this is a very heavy train (look at it in 2D map).

35. jörgen Näslund

It not a very heavy train compare to oil train. But if it is a heavy train it it should roll well when removing the force.
    This train (these wagons) stopped very fast. and cant roll downhill very good. (need 7-10 per thousand to roll "remain speed")

36. Ninetofive925

The train indeed is heavy, but other autorack trains don't seem to have this issue; i can get them rolling just fine, eventhough it's the same wagons i'm hauling.

37. Ninetofive925

So, this is also weird...
    On the 04:34 all stops service from Aschaffenburg to Gemünden, you spawn in random locations, and not in your train's cab.
    Here's a couple of screenshots:
    20190302213201_1.jpg 20190302213211_1.jpg 20190302213520_1.jpg 20190302213604_1.jpg

38. Michael Newbury

I had a chance and ran this tonight and definitely a issue, I had troubles getting it to move as well. So I decided to put the train in neutral to charge the brakes. Then moved the throttle into forward and set the brakes to full service. then moved brakes to 1b, then released them and applied power. Finally got the train to move while moving I did not noticed anything like train dragging brakes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Press the overcharge button with the train brake in running for about 15 seconds, and then do not apply the train brake for another 2 minutes after pressing it (otherwise you have to do the cycle all over again), that'll release the dragging brakes on this service.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  40. jörgen Näslund

Yeah thanks this thing solved the whole situation. The overcharge button is right down "air pressure gauge"
    Now the train rolls well. Air brake was on the whole time before.
    In the end of running the train is dragging little again (after several brakes), when i use this button again to get away the drag from brakes.

On swedish locomotive RC
    It is a same button and the train air pressure goes up to 5,3 bar (normally 5 bar) and slowly the pressure goes down to 5 bar.
    It is for when releasing train brake brake then the pressure goes up to 5,3 bar nearest locomotive,
    then there is a risk that these wagons gets higher pressure in the air reservoir tank.
    Then the pressure goes down to 5 bar, these wagons gets to brake. therefore, this solution.
    Br 185 have same solution as RC (but higher pressure in 185)

But is still a fault in the simulator. This should not happen at once.
    I am impressed by dovetail that they have got all the features of the brake system.
    But I will press this button in all the trains I drive

Does anyone know what the brake release button means? (i thought it was this button first)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  41. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I am mentioning this as an issue:

TSW_Coppo_1551433269_00.png

In reality this isn't a passenger platform, it is "laderamp" (goods platform for loading wagons), and should be aligned with the track, and look a lot rougher..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

There is also this, where the overhead lines disappear. but, I'm not sure if that is down to my old machine, or if it is an actual issue...

TSW_Coppo_1551373973_00.png

43. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This is most likely a fault with the route itself, as DTG still haven’t figured out how to properly design the OHLE and wires just suddenly stop in random places instead of the terminating properly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Anthony Pecoraro

MSB?

45. SiepeAssassina

SiepeAssassina New Member

Do you still experience being stuck behind a red signal before a station during some of the freight services?

46. Michael Newbury

I have come across another bug running DB86108 in the livery loco with Sifa on and when Sifa went off pressing Q did not work. Had to run this run with it off.

47. Anthony Pecoraro

Stand up that sit back down again.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Make sure to switch SIFA of too changing ends (not a bug) driver error lol.

Since the patch the AI behaves better, appreciate the busy traffic on the line

• Like Like x 1
  49. Michael Newbury

Thanks for that I will give it a try and see what happens, I assuming that this would also work in RSN which has the same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The service DB86019 Aschaffenburg-Gemünden departure 09:57 has to stop for e signal at danger just before Laufach. The signal does not clear, despite no other traffic is visible in the 2D view.

BTW is anyone from DTG reading this? Might be nice to hear if there will be any follow-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.