Fishing Sim World Issues I'm Experiencing...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by darrenpaxson, Mar 8, 2019.

1. darrenpaxson

darrenpaxson New Member

1 - Unable to turn left or reverse while walking or in boat. Decided to check the "settings" and tried to change them to something other than 'A' and 'S', but noticed that I couldn't change them back to 'A' and 'S'...so the game doesn't know I'm hitting the 'A' or 'S' keys and won't let me turn left or reverse. (I'm using the same keyboard here...so my 'A' and 'S' keys work...) *******NOTE***** This does not happen EVERY time I play, just often, I just try to restart over and over until they work...

2 - Videos I've seen online behave nothing like the way my game does. It is weird...this has two parts:

a - Setting the hook: When I set the hook using the "strike" or the pull the mouse towards me, the fish is jerked to the boat, and I have 13 yards of slack just willy nilly everywhere. It doesn't set the hook, and usually tells me I was "unsuccessful". I've even tried putting the rod back down and "striking" over and over again, still same result. IF I actually get a "poor set" then the fish goes bonkers, and has a seizure while going around in a small circle right at the boat. It is not the smooth motions I see online, where the fish fight you and you have to worry about line tension.

b - Reel Speed: When I change from 1 to 2 speed, it acts like its going from 1 to 5. All 2, 3, 4, and 5 all are the same speed = FAST.

I've tried deleting it from Steam, and totally removing the player profiles and folders. Reinstalled the game, and still no luck, same stupid issues.

2. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi,

Could be a hardware issue do you know your systems specs and have you tried updating your graphics drivers or fiddling with your graphical settings?

3. darrenpaxson

darrenpaxson New Member

So my computer meets the requirements of the game, but just barely. So I have all the graphics turned down to LOW and no extra things are turned on. I have tried Windowed, Boarderless Window, and Full Screen. When I went windowed, it did seem to semi-fix the issue with the setting of the hook and the fish going nuts after you set the hook. So now, I can semi-fish like a real game. But the 'A' and 'S' keys still barely ever work...

4. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

I'd suggest submitting a ticket ensuring to include a DxDiag as from the description something isn't meeting the games requirements and is holding you back.