Metropolitan Line In London

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kiyoko91, Feb 20, 2019.

1. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

The L.U.'s Met Line is a magenta color, 42 mile & 34 station route, the oldest subway line in the world [Jan. 10th, 1863 (1/10/1863)], the line starts from Aldgate or Baker St to west of Harrow-on-the-Hill station on four separate branches: Uxbridge, Watford, Amersham & Chesham. With S8 & S7+1 Stock eight-car open gangway train, taking over the A60/A62 Stock train; a five decade old fleet. There's a Neasden & Uxbridge train depots. Routes example: Chesham - Aldgate, Amersham - Aldgate, Uxbridge - Aldgate & Watford - Baker Street. Local are on & off-peak service; and the only line in the entire underground system does have a rush-hour express service, AM semi & regular express are southbound with northbound local service & PM are northbound with southbound local service. More than 66 & a half million riders on that line. No express service on weekends, just local. Speaking about weekends, trains will run every half-hour between Aldgate or Baker St & Chesham, Watford or Amersham. And between Uxbridge & Aldgate, every 8 minutes. A future metropolitan line extension between Croxey & Watford Jct with three new stops: Cassiobridge, Watford Vicarage Rd & Watford High St. Replacing the Watford station.

[​IMG]

Metropolitan Line map

[​IMG]

A62 Stock's 5163 car

[​IMG]

S8-Stock @ Amersham Station

[​IMG]

Inside the S-Stock Train

[​IMG]

Metropolitan Line flag box

Secrets of the Metro Line

Aldgate to Moor Park

Aldgate to Uxbridge via local

Amersham to Aldgate [Fast]

Inside the S-Stock train

These videos are not mine.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Darrell E.

Darrell E. New Member

I support this project, I love the Underground. LIRR was great but I want to drive the C, D and S stock trains around Londons busy train line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

Yes yes and yes!

• Like Like x 2
  4. AndrewX94

AndrewX94 New Member

I would love to drive an S Stock on this route. This will be very interesting. I vote Yes!

5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Could incorporate a few workings with this route, Part Jubilee, Part Chiltern

6. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

YUP. ON THE JUBILEE LINE BETWEEN FINCHLEY RD & WEMBLEY PARK. AND ON THE CHILITERN RAILWAYS BETWEEN AMERSHAM & LONDON MARYLEBONE.

• Like Like x 2