PC Class 33 And 45 Roof Fans

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Koeiss, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Koeiss

Koeiss New Member

I am not super knowledgeable about these locos, so I don't know if the roof fans should be spinning in game like they do on the Class 47. If they should be then why aren't they? And if they are not, then under what circumstances should they be? I am just curious as I am used to having these fans be spinning on most locos.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They will spin when the the locomotive’s engine is under power for a few minutes. If you have the throttle on a high setting while going up a hill, watch the fan. ;)

3. Koeiss

Koeiss New Member

Ahhh. I see. So they're more like Dynamic brake fans on North American locos. Only spooling up when they are needed. Thanks :)

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yep! It’s very interesting to watch. You can hear it in happen in the cab of the 45.

5. Koeiss

Koeiss New Member

Yea. I just went through a couple services to check it out. Really nice attention to detail. I don't know too much about British locos in detail since I am from Canada. I can identify the locos by class and I know some details about engines, brakes etc. But this sort of thing is beyond me. Always nice to learn new things.

• Like Like x 4