Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Please keep your language civil.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 8
  2. hightower

hightower Guest

Dmitri,

Sorry to rather put you on the spot, but you can effectively shut this merry go-round down with an unequivocal update as to the status of the editor. If you can’t do it here, then can it be included in the next studio update?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

(Well, to be fair, there is an editor update with ALMOST EVERY STUDIO UPDATE SO FAR, and they still ignore it, so it probably won't mean much to them).

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

This thread is a train crash.

Come on guys. The thread was created for some friendly chatting about what could happen in the future with sometimes an interesting screenshot of DLC.

But now it's an argument between somebody who hates TSW and everybody else.

I wonder how long it will take for this thread to get locked in its current state...

• Like Like x 7
  5. raildan

I think we need to just abandon the editor discussion on this thread, and quickly. At first I was ok with it, but yeah, it just became a giant mess really quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. raildan

So, this British loco physics upgrade released around a month before a route came out with new locos using the improved physics. I predict the next US route will also come out following the US physics improvements, and it will probably feature new locomotives as well.

Specifically, if they spent all that time working o the AC traction AC4400CW, I wouldn't be surprised to see another AC traction locomotive, like a GEVO or SD70ACe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

They more or less recycled the locos and stock from RSN in MSB and most people seemed quite happy with that, so I reckon the next American route will include perhaps one new locomotive with the others from past DLCs with appropriate liveries/model variations. They used the GP38-2 in NEC, so I think they'll reuse the AC4400CW and SD40-2 in the next DLC.

I think the new locomotive will be the P42, along with Superliners, as these can be used on many future routes as well as being added as a service mode option for CSX:HH.

• Like Like x 4
  8. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Just like DTG assured us that Flight Sim World has a bright future in front of it weeks before it got shutdown? You really wont get it, do you?

I give up with you guys lmao keep on not questioning any decisions from DTG and keep on trying to shutdown these few who do so.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I get it, I've spoken out against DTG many times.... I think many of us do question DTG decisions, like the DB Class 182... Also, it was well known that FSW was not doing hot. In fact, if I am correct, people working on FSW didn't even really know it was coming...

We have been shown an editor is on the way, but as I've mentioned multiple times, it's not a money maker, and is a very complex tool to develop. It will be out when it's at a point that it can be released. We aren't shutting down anyone by posting a counter argument, we are trying to be open minded given the complexities involved. I'm going off on a limb, but I'll assume some people here have not developed software, especially complex and unique software. It always takes longer than expected.

Yes, with little news, it seems it might not be released. Maybe it won't be released, who knows, but we are all humans and we are far from perfect. There have been many repeated arguments that 1) what DTG is doing is complex, 2) it doesn't make money, so it will not be favored over routes, and 3) DTG isn't very open at times. I've seen the following counter arguments: 1) No new info, 2) It will hurt DTG because consoles will be impacted, 3) Some of us have inside info that it's not coming. It's not one shutting down the other, it's one side saying one thing, the other saying the opposite, and then it's a "I think I know more than you" argument. Just because you don't agree with us doesn't mean we don't get it, we do - we just have a different opinion.

Let's be realistic here, we really don't know, but if we are going to hope for it to come, writing that it won't in hope DTG folds and tells us it isn't or to show us progress isn't going to work. I believe that DTG is working on it, and I can understand and appreciate the complexity of what they are developing. I'm going to assume that is the case until I see proof otherwise. No one has shown anything new here to say it doesn't exist beyond baseless claims.

• Like Like x 13
  10. hightower

hightower Guest

As a good chunk of this thread has been a debate about DTG & TSW, I think this is an appropriate place for this. This is the best review I’ve seen of a TSW title yet...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. raildan

That's not what this thread is for. Maybe we do need a thread for this, but posting it there will just lead to more off-topic and angry debate.

And no, this isn't about your individual opinion. I haven't even watched the video yet, I just know someone will disagree strongly with it and start another flame war.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve no intention of getting involved in any flame war. If you’d watched the video I think you’d see there’s enough in it to make it a fit for this thread, particularly some of the points he makes towards the end.

If you hadn’t noticed people are getting flamed for their ‘baseless speculation’ in this thread anyway.

ps Downvote. Really?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

SimUK is too nit picky. He complains about the tiniest things.

• Like Like x 3
  14. raildan

Alright, I watched it, didn't sound like speculation to me, just opinions and criticism. I'm glad you're not trying to start a flame war, but plenty of people on these forums won't have the same reaction.

EDIT: See?

• Like Like x 1
  15. hightower

hightower Guest

No surprise there really :(

16. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

TBH just ignore the voting system here, down votes should be abolished. If people like your posts, then, by all means, thumbs up etc.
    Downvotes are a form of bullying.

• Like Like x 5
  17. raildan

I'm generally against that too, I was just trying to stop a flame war from erupting in this thread again. I'm not bullying anyone, I respect these opinions and they make very interesting points, I'm just a bit tired of this innocent thread constantly becoming a flat out internet battleground!

• Like Like x 4
  18. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Going back to the discussion of speculation, here are what I think the only possible locomotive dlc at the moment are by route:
    • CSX 3GS-21B due to the popularity of the NEC: New York freight scenarios
    • BR Class 52 for West Somerset Railway as it is mentioned in the game files. Less likely in my opinion due to the Class 33 already having been released for this route.
    • DB BR 294 for Ruhr Sieg Nord and Main-Spessart Bahn, allowing the un-electrified sections to be accessed
    • M3 for Long Island Rail Road as this is probably the easiest LIRR EMU to model due to the abundance of material on it, and it would also not require any new services to be created
    • Northern Trans-Pennine freight DLC. Could include locomotives such as the Class 37, 40 or 56.
    • DB BR 151 for Main-Spessart Bahn banking services. Could also be used on the Ruhr Sieg Nord route for freight.
    Out of these, I think the CSX 3GS-21B would be the worst choice as there are already several CSX locomotives in TSW, and wouldn't add much to the game. The Class 52 would also be a poor choice for now due to the recent release of the Class 33.
    The DB BR 294 and the Northern Trans-Pennine freight DLC would probably be the best out of these options, significantly expanding the Ruhr Sieg Nord, Main-Spessart Bahn and Northern Trans-Pennine routes. More LIRR trains seem popular within the community so the M3 would probably also have a positive reaction. The DB BR 151 would probably also be popular, providing more variety for German freight services.

The next American route will probably be on the west coast, due to the prevalence of east coast routes so far. I would find another route based in the North east of the United States disappointing, especially if it is another CSX route, as that has been featured frequently already. It was also said recently that route length depends on the amount of stations, so it will be possible to create longer American routes due to the lack of stations. The routes which I think would be most likely are:
    • Cajon Pass with an Amtrak P42DC and Union Pacific repaints of CSX Heavy Haul locomotives.
    • Part of the Capitol Corridor with an Amtrak California F59PHI and UP freight locos
    • Peninsula Corridor from San Francisco to San Jose with a MP36PH-3C or F40PH-2CAT and UP freight locos
    • Pacific Surfliner from San Diego to Oceanside with a Siemens Charger (less likely due to the BNSF licensing problem meaning lack of freight; though that didn't stop DTG from making this route for TS19)
    • Sherman Hill with UP locomotives

• Like Like x 7
  19. faber2311

faber2311 Member

The M9 for the LIRR wouldn't be bad either

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Downvotes are a form of bullying? No, but I agree with you. We don’t need downvotes.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I think we'll see Donner Pass at some point (or at least I hope), but a much shorter version of it - I'm not really prepared for a 120-minute drive, as are quite a lot of people.

Alternatively, I'd also like to see a fictional route where DTG can make whatever they like without being tied up with making it completely realistic.

Another idea is for something like Vision Gran Turismo:
    VGT is a project where car manufacturers are tasked to create a concept car that is whatever they'd like to make. Examples include a racing Mini Clubman from Mini, a laser-powered Chaparral race car created by Chevrolet and a racing version of Toyota's FT1 concept car.

So how about DTG try contacting train manufacturers like Siemens, Bombardier, EMD, CSR, etc to create a 'dream train'.

Won't happen, but it's a nice thought.
    Goes with the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".

• Like Like x 4
  22. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

You don't have to drive the whole route every time. You can just start driving and stop when you start to feel bored.
    When it comes to these "concept trains". Please make a proposal in the loco suggestions section (I would do it myself but I don't want to steal the idea).

• Like Like x 2
  23. raildan

I think CSX:HH has a scenario or two that is that long, even if the route is shorter.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

How would DTG make them if they aren't even in service yet?

25. Digital Draftsman

LIRR and Kawasaki have all the technical data for them and vehicles have been built/tested. If the DLC was made in cooperation with either the operator or manufacturer, there's no reason they couldn't be produced for TSW. DTG could even release the DLC to coincide with the entry of the real M9 into service for a bit of extra marketing hype. That said, I still think the DM30AC and bi-levels would be an interesting DLC for LIRR.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

MTA didn't grant them access to anything other than to using their branding.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Digital Draftsman

I've been told that DTG received several documents from the LIRR to assist in the creation of the DLC, including the Train Handling Equipment Manual for the M7. Amtrak/Siemens also had input on the technical side of the ACS-64 for NEC, so I don't see any reason a similar agreement couldn't be arrived at with either Kawasaki or LIRR/MTA for the M9.

• Like Like x 1
  28. raildan

Sounds believable. Those things aren't easy to come by with LIRR.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Anthony Pecoraro

Where did you hear that?

30. Digital Draftsman

Regarding the manual, one of the devs working on the project. Regarding Amtrak/Siemens input I think that was on Discord, they specifically mentioned changing features (making the operation in TSW slightly different) to ensure that a potential miscreant couldn't use TSW to learn how to take a real train for a joyride.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Anthony Pecoraro

Amtrak helped them, and they were the ones who said that.

32. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

I think I have some nice speculation regarding RT. That means, I have some nice speculation, if I understand SteamDB somewhat correctly, which I'm not sure of. Hence this is baseless speculation.
    I was looking at the history of TSW (https://steamdb.info/app/530070/history/), and I noticed Change #5997002. In this change, the ID 577358 is referenced. This is the ID of the RT DLC.
    Now, because this change is not yet reflected in the public branch, but in the rc_internal branch, this probably is not only a simple change of the store description or something thereof, but hopefully something bigger, which required testing and all that stuff.
    So my hope is, that along with the 182, there will actually be an update of the RT route hopefully fixing all those pesky bugs and maybe even adding some features like moving cars or PIS (even though I think the bug fixes should have higher periority)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  33. raildan

Now THAT sounds like good sign!

...of course, the other possibility is that it's just updating service mode to be compatible with the BR 182. I hope that's not the case, though.

34. Tomas9970

I think that they have updated the service mode earlier to show the br 182. This must be something new.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Tomas9970

GWE depot is also being modified (ID 577350).

edit:
    It looks like there is a lot more stuff being modified:
    GP40 - 577359 - 5 days ago
    RT - 577358 - a day ago
    NEC - 577357 - 5 day ago
    WSR - 577356 - 5 day ago
    RSN - 577355 - 2 day ago
    NTP - 577353 - 6 day ago
    Class 33 - 577352 - 6 days ago
    MSB - 577351 - 2 days ago
    GWE - 577350 - 2 days ago

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  36. Digital Draftsman

This suggests they are updating the base game and thus all the DLC needs updating to suit. If I was guessing I'd say it's the patch which includes the physics update for the locomotives in CSX:HH.

• Like Like x 3
  37. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

These changes mean absolutely nothing.

One small, internal change means everything needs to be updated again so it’s most likely nothing to get excited about.

38. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

I believe that with these speculation posts some members want to keep the level of interest about the TSW high, since DTG has become completely silent.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Anthony Pecoraro

A Studio Update should be coming this week.

• Like Like x 2
  40. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable how long the edit(s) and review(s) have apparently taken! Just hope it's got some decent info about when the (beta) editor might turn up.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I've been disappointed with the periods of silence from DTG. I'm not sure if this is a vacation period for them, but as soon as it seems the community is in focus and we have decent interaction with devs, they go silent.

I'm hopeful that we will see an overhaul of RT though, maybe this will come up in the Studio Update....

• Like Like x 3
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

The article may be ready now, but they usually release it on the last business day of the month, which in this case is Friday.

• Like Like x 2
  43. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Curiosity compels me to ask where you find information such as this. Insider leaks from some of those folks who cannot be named because they aren't authorized to answer on the record?

• Like Like x 4
  44. raildan

Probably not, this theory couldn't have happened because it turned out the loco was being made for RT, not RSN. Now, this may be changing (probably not, though), but it being made for RT suggests that this loco has in fact been in development for quite a while.

45. Digital Draftsman

Do you think DTG would have abandoned Rapid Transit, leaving it in a broken state, if they intented to create future DLC for it? If anything, what's happening with the BR182 supports the speculation of a failed 'Hanse-Express' DLC. DTG were left with a locomotive which was only really suitable for Rapid Transit given it's got the passenger service upgrades, so they were forced to release it for Rapid Transit.

Fortunately it seems like they have listened to the community backlash and they are revising RT and/or they are adding services for MSB and RSN.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Digital Draftsman

I guess you could call it the 'Train Sim Developer's Rumour Network'. Like any area of business, rumours float around about what's going on. I do generally try to use publicly available knowledge when I present a conclusion which conforms with something that's a rumour. Rumours are rumours, however, usually you can derive the same infomation from publicly available infomation, but the rumour gives a hint as to what publicly available infomation is pertinent.

47. raildan

Most baseless prediction yet: First hint of next US route on the 29th, announcement on May 2nd, release on May 9th, based off of MSB. If this doesn't happen my prediction is just to shift this schedule by one week until something is announced.

The 52 might release as soon as this week while (but also might not) the 155 might release later. Maybe to space out the hype, the 155 would release the week AFTER the next US route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

I agree with this but i think it is the other way around. The 155 will probably release either tommorow or within this week while the 52 will release during this month. I base my prediction on the “soon” and “very soon” tags DTG added when talking about those DLC ;). Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  49. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Given DTG current DLC cycle, do we expect another UK route after the US route is out?

50. raildan

Yes, but not until probably later in summer, like July to August - ish. Probably some more loco DLC before then too.