Fishing Sim World Lago Del Mundo

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by battousaid1, Mar 20, 2019.

1. battousaid1

battousaid1 New Member

Will there be an update or bug fix for this lake as it is frustrating to have the line keep breaking when they run out pass 200 yards and when trying to net them it’s a Great Lake just a shame that can’t bring in big fish

2. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We know that it is possible to bring them in, we have tried it in the office and successfully landed Megladon. We are aware however that it can be quite difficult and will have a look in to it.

We have some tips that will help you bring the big fish in:
    - Use the heaviest line: 50 lb.
    - Use a longer rod. The extra length would give you more leverage when pumping the rod.
    - Starting distance of the fish matters. On 50 lb it can still take your line out at least 90 yards. So if you catch the fish at say 150 yards, you're more likely to lose it.
    - Getting a perfect strike helps.
    - Adjust your drag appropriately during the fight. You'll be pumping a lot and make sure the tension is at maximum during these pumps.
    - Always reel and pump the rod sideways or up. The game here is to close the distance between you and fish. Pumping the rod will make it easier to do this and you'll notice the distance would tick down. At times, the fish would still pull your line even while pumping but there are also times when the fish slows down and this is where you can make up on the lost distance. See next.
    - There a moments where the fish's swimming force dips. You'll notice this even when you're pumping, the tension doesn't go very high. At these moments, whack up the drag to make it up. But be careful that the fish can recover and you'll need to put the drag down again to avoid topping the tension.
    - You only need to pump at the initial stages of the fish fight when the fish has a high energy. Over time, the fish will tire out and it's easier to reel it in.
    - When the fish nears you, you may need to slow play it till it's energy completely depletes. The tension can spike as it tries to get away from you during this moment, so keep your drag at a reasonable level so that the tension doesn't top out. Just wait it out by keeping the fish near you as close as possible.
    - When the net icon appears, get the fish as close to the player as possible to net (keep pumping the rod).

3. Crazygrandpaw

Crazygrandpaw New Member

Thanks for the info and when I get off work I will pump the rod lol

4. battousaid1

battousaid1 New Member

Ok thanks i will have to give it a try thanks for responding

5. cakestachio

cakestachio New Member

Just landed a 129 lb cat today. I was having the same issue and getting frustrated. So i got in boat and once hooked, i just went in to troll mode and followed the fish so it could never run the line out. Hope this helps

6. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

This info is useless caught a monster catfish 20yds from bank followed all this advice and it still ran me to 220yds then snapped me, also the issue with netting some fish happens on all lakes.

7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Still having issues from the bank - Tried again last night and hooked something that ripped off 220 yards in double quick time. Had all the strongest tackle and had the drag set to max ( 1 click tighter red lined it) for the entire fight but I could do nothing to halt it until it got to the normal snap off point. I had no drop off in fight energy at all to make line back up. I know it is possible to land very large fish as people have done it but it feels there isn't a technique that works all the time, just a bug that means some fish you hook at certain points just can't be landed. I am a pretty seasoned Euro Fishing and FSW player, so the game dynamics are not new to me or the techniques needed. I just dont know anymore! I spent hours trying to catch the original Megladon on Euro Fishing and eventually achieved it after many 220 yard snap offs - So like FSW it was possible but a certain set of things had to happen for me to achieve it that wasn't really in my total control, for example Megladon had to swim in a certain direction which meant initially it couldnt make it to 220 yards which gave me time to to eventually make line up.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We are working on a fix to this that should give you a bit more control over the fight and also fix the netting problem. We will be getting that update out to you as soon as we can.

• Like Like x 1
  9. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Also just had a huge catfish i was playing bump into the bank the line tension spiked then within a second the fish had snapped off, the fish wasnt even ready to be netted it just swam towards me and bumped the bank then that happened. Has anyone else had this happen to them