Zoom In Feature In Cab?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GMAN001, Mar 19, 2019.

1. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

After a long hiatus from playing this game due to boredom setting in; I decided to get back into it, what with all the DLC now available for it.

Admittedly, I haven't purchased any of the new DLC simply because of the obscene prices. But one thing still astounds me: Where is a zoom in feature when driving in the cab?

It still hasn't been implemented? I'm facing the same issue as before. The issue is: I like playing this game without the assistance of knowing what the signals and speed limits are ahead of time. And so I like to learn how the signalling works in different countries. I get satisfaction playing it as such. As a result I need to be able to SEE the signals. Having a zoom in feature would help incredibly!

As it stands, I can barely see signals even when getting pretty close. They're especially bad for the US routes. It's like the colours of the lights need to be larger and brighter as well.

Am I the only one having this problem?

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

There isnt a zoom function, thats right. For the HUD you can choose some Camera options with the Rightstick to read them but that takes too much time.
    Personally i havent had a big issue with the signals, but yeah a zoom function like the one on PC would still be a good addition to this sim.

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

On console a zoomed in view isnt great when rolling down the track. It might not even be 720p. Found a way to zoom via new ps4 accesibility updates. Not via any feature in the game. The details not great. Although Im hoping with the way the game engine works it just isnt recognising the PS4 zooming.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  4. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I just played a service of the Rapid Transit DB BR 1442 train and I must say this:

What helped me to some extent was simply pressing 'Y' to stand up, then moving forward closer.

This made the game actually alot more enjoyable as I was able to see the track better (especially during a nightime run), see the singals better and it felt more natural. The only problem is whilst standing in the cab the controls to decelerate/accelerate etc don't work, so I found myself in a constant stand/sit cycle.

This game is heading in the right direction, but it needs more work.

5. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

If possible I like to drive the trains without the HUD and I really enjoy the DB BR 185.2 but the speedometer is impossible to read due to low resolution/quality so I need to turn the HUD on - which then turns everything on. I'm hoping that the quality will improve if we ever get the Xbox One enhancements.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes, with I keyboard plugged in. I now drive with PZB snd Sifa without the speedometer. Only having next stop and distance in the top left corner. You get used to the dashboard needle positions. Plus AFB helps. BTW with the keyboard you can cycle through different viewpoints inside the cab on the press of a key.

7. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

Is that using an external keyboard for the XBOX One?

I'm of the opinion that if you need to do that, your better off just getting it for and playing on the PC.

8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Can still use the xbox pad at the same time.