The In-game Store Is Broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by VA Railfan, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA Railfan

VA Railfan Active Member

2. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

Hey VA Railfan

Thanks for the report, our store team is taking a look sharpish. The problem seems to be limited to the in-game PS4 store so we're seeing if there's anything we can do on our side, otherwise we'll chase up on this with PlayStation.

In the mean time it looks like the browser-based store still works if you're looking to make a purchase during the sale - but in any case we'll get this sorted as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
    Martin

3. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

Lol doesn't surprise me :D tell me what isn't broken in the game :) but i guess this will be fixed fast since it is a moneysource for them

4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Just a polite reminder that you already have two warnings from the past 3 months and the next one will result in permaban, so I would highly suggest you reconsider your attitude, thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

Then answers us and say when the trophies will be fixed!!! We all payed enough for this

6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Could you give us any updates as to when the broken trophies will be fixed please? Are there plans to fix the glitch on both NEC and LIRR in the tunnels to/from Penn Station?

Hope to hear from you soon, thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TrainSim-Dmitri

Hi byeo,

As you already know, the platinum trophy is to unlock all available trophies - this is currently blocked by the GP38 car collector achievement not working. From what we can tell, combination we are using this stat with is not compatible with the code, and we also cannot change the achievement. There is a task assigned to the engineering team to look into this, but in regards to many other things, it is low priority. I will provide an estimate for when this work is supposed to be completed if I get hold of some members of the dev team.

8. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

will it auto pop onces fixed if reached requierments? because i dont wanna do 380 times service #1 all over again...

9. Coat

Coat New Member

Just a polite reminder that a number of your customers lurk on these forums without frequently posting. It seems that users such as Xilixir and others have simply been expressing their frustration with significant issues which seem to be getting ignored by the developers. It is debatable whether these concerns are being communicated in a useful and productive manner. However, I have yet to observe any sort of vulgarity or otherwise inappropriate conduct in these threads.

Once again, I would like to remind you, TrainSim-Dmitri, that there are many of us who read but do not post. We have seen the way in which you have repeatedly abused your authority on these forums by threatening paying customers if they dare to voice negative criticism about the products they have purchased. It creates a bad image for DTG and it discourages other consumers from providing you with future business.

As Community Manager, you can surely do better than resorting to silencing dissent. Perhaps if there were to be more engagement with the community and acknowledgement of existing issues, customers would be less likely to express their frustration in the sort of manner Xilixir has demonstrated. Instead, users would hopefully provide constructive criticism which could help DTG improve their products to the benefit of both the company as well as the community.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

11. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I am really fed up with every thread getting hijacked by the trophy bug discussion :mad: Yes, we know there are problems! Yes, we know some people really care about trophies! I personally would rather see any of the game play related issues being fixed instead of them, but that's just my opinion... So can we keep the discussion to the threads that were meant for them, like this one: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/gp38-car-collector-bugged-tested-and-confirmed.15489/
    or this one: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/wsr-west-country-wanderer-trophy-bugged.13151/
    or this one: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/all-bugged-trophies-in-a-row.14742/
    or any of the other ones and leave people some space for the discussion of other topics/problems.

As a quick reminder what I mean, go to the top of this page and read the title of the thread. Exactly!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Coat

Coat New Member

To go back to the original topic, the store appears to have been fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Thx for the update, Coat! :)

14. TrainSim-Dmitri

Hi Coat,

Agreed on all of your points. You are completely right in the sense that some of my communication was inappropriate. I come from much smaller gaming communities that were not as involved in the product as train sim fans are, so I apologize for any miscommunication that happened. I acknowledge any criticism and by any means, I am not looking to silence dissent - I think that all members here have a right to say whatever they want (as long as it does not cross forum rules) and they have been executing this right in a full manner. For the times where I did wrong, I apologize.

I do have to note, however, that Xilixir previously used communication that would lead to him being banned on any other gaming forum. I am not going to cite it here. While I understand his frustration with regards to trophies not working, I do try to provide forum users with the information when it is available to me, which doesn't always happen. With trophies, I've been trying to get any sort of information for the last two months but with very little result, so I hope you understand that I can sometimes take it personally when insults are thrown towards the devs.

• Like Like x 4
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would suggest if you can make a comment like that with a straight face then you haven't been reading on these forums for very long... There are some very vociferous people on here who voice their opinion on anything, on any post just because they like to go on and on until they get what they want.
    I wouldn't have the patience that DTG seem to have with some of the cross posting, thread hijacking and so on that goes on here and elsewhere.
    Even those comments about trophies (something which I would happily see removed from the game entirely) is a derail on a post about the ingame shop on PS4

• Like Like x 4
  16. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thanks Dmitri, I appreciate the response.

17. Coat

Coat New Member

This is 100% true.

I completely understand. If a user violates the stated rules of the forum, then you are clearly just doing your job by taking action. The broader point I was hoping to make is that by addressing users this way publicly, it creates a poor image from the perspective of people who are not as engrossed in the community and do not recognize the full context of the situation.

As for the trophy discussion, may I suggest creating a sticky in the bug section to restrict all trophy-related discussion to one thread as a way of preventing future hijacking of unrelated topics?

• Like Like x 3
  18. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

Which other gaming forums? all you have is Train sim forum lol :)

And i earned every based game trophy only carcollector is bugged so i earn the platinum big time :)
    my psn trophy list for proof : https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7918-train-sim-world/XilixiR

and when we ask you never reply NEVER, so that is lie dmitri :) if you guys can make so much dlc's in short time then why can't u guys just fix 1 trophy ?

19. Coat

Coat New Member

Might I also suggest locking this thread, as the issue described in the original post appears to have been fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  20. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

But don't you see how the the trophy problems cast a shadow over the game on the whole? I bought TSW the day it was released. As of today, the Platinum is still unobtainable. And yet, how many dlcs have been released in that time? Getting info on the trophy situation SHOULD NOT be like trying to get blood from a stone. You raise a valid point about the gameplay issues, but so does Xilixir.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.