Xbox One S Or Ps4?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ludu, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ludu

ludu New Member

Hello,

I plan to buy TSW, but I don’t know on which material this game could work the best. Currently, I have an iMac, so my first idea was to choose a console. I would like to avoid buying a PC running on Windows, except if this game has better performances on this OS.
    Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cordially,

Luc

2. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

What’s your iMac Specs? An iMac is always better than a console.

3. ludu

ludu New Member

My iMac is a 21.5-inch and it runs with Mojave, version 10.14.4.
    But I don't see any macOS version of TSW.

4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It may be worth considering BootCamp depending on your graphics card. You have to pay for a windows licence and have enough free drive space but it may work out cheaper than a console.

5. ludu

ludu New Member

And if we don’t consider the price but only the quality, will TSW work better with Windows or with a console, and which console?
    (Personally, I prefer playing in front of my TV.)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well on PC you get always the best looking option and the most future proof one, if your PC is beefy enough.
    The Console visuals are limited due to the fact that DTG havent optimized the game too much . But its still playable and enjoyable. Its really up to your liking and what you prefer. If you are unsure watch some youtube videos from both versions.

If you choose the Console Version, i would say go with a X. The Game isnt specifically X enhanced, but because of the extra bit of Power it has over Xbox One S / PS4 Pro it delivers some more frames. The visual quality is unchanged compared to the other Consoles.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  7. Rail Master

I'm already outraged to buy TSW on PS4 and the PS4! One help: build your own PC, with good quality. You will not regret it

8. ludu

ludu New Member

Many thanks for all those interesting answers.
    Must I also consider that the content and the updates are more developed on PC rather on the consoles?
    Another aspect: isn’t the installation and the managing of TSW easier on a console?
    A last question: does TSW need a permanent internet connection?

9. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

1) Content and Updates are basically the same on all Platforms. Exception is that the HH Addon is only available on PC. Some Content has more services on PC than on Consoles aswell.
    If they release the editor PC is of course much more open to 3rd party Scenarios / Routes / Repaints than Consoles. They havent really stated a plan for 3rd party Content on Consoles.

2) Installation is on every platform likewise easy. With Steam on PC managing the Game is pretty easy aswell as with the Microsoft / PS Store on Xbox and PS.

3) Once downloaded you can play it offline.

10. ludu

ludu New Member

Now it’s clear. The best for me is to buy a PC, and connect it to my television and surround system. In this way, I can recover TS, OpenRails, Trainz and my Raildriver console too.
    Many thanks for all the posts.

11. Rail Master

Yes, and build your own PC, if you can build one! It isn’t difficult !