PC Us Locomotive Dlc Today?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Since there was a German locomotive announced the other day, and a UK locomotive announced yesterday, it makes we wonder if a US locomotive will be announced today. Mostly likely something for either NEC or LIRR probably. What do you all think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

I really hope! Maybe is next route! And maybe come with a Genesis! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

very much doubt it

• Like Like x 5
  4. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Would be cool, but the 2 dlc streak is already crazy enough, IDK if they'll announce 3 in a row. Besides, I don't see a genset DLC for NEC selling well, and LIRR is both newer (so they have less development time) and harder to get resources for. They've already surprised me for these last couple of days, so I could be wrong (in that case, I think a genset or M3 is most likely), but I think the next US DLC will be the next route, whatever that is, and that would probably come with hints in advance. I still think we might see the first hint or announcement of that by the end of the month, but not yet.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends on if they've been developing the unit in parallel with the line. LIRR is newer as far as release goes, but that's not the same. Not sure on resources

6. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

if this does happen it could be the Acela since there have been a lot of requests for it but i'm not too sure

7. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

Acela in our NEC can do only a little trip, that is NY PENN —> Newark PENN, I see more probably HHP-8 or AEM-7 that can share services with ACS64.
    The nice thing if we get Acela is that NEC dev. can add Acela at their project :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Like others above, i find a third product announcement really unlikely.

I mean, two announcements in a couple of hours is really exceptional and tbh i'm still amazed of the rate at which content has been flying out from DTG since NTP, with roughly the same quality as other DLCs. So, in general, GG DTG.

9. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I've thought that myself, that we might be surprised with a third DLC announcement today, especially given how limited we are with non-route based DLC for American content. At the same time though, there isn't much that can be done. An Acela would be really nice, but would also be quite extensive, and would need a route extension most likely to really make usable.

I expect in a week or two we might see hints for the next big route instead.

• Like Like x 5
  10. raildan

Yeah, I agree.

Also worth noting that if they were yo announce another DLC today, they probably would have already. The other two announcements were already released by this time of day.

• Like Like x 3
  11. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

The next American dlc will probably be the next route since it has now been almost 2 months since the release of Main-Spessart Bahn. I think the DB BR 155 and BR Class 52 will be released in the next couple of weeks, before the end of the month. After that, the next American route will probably be announced; like how the 155 and 52 were announced just after the release of the DB BR 182. Also there seems to be less opportunity for American loco dlc at the moment with CSX Heavy Haul not being compatible for consoles, NEC: New York not having much loco potential and LIRR being difficult to get resources for. I doubt there will be any American loco dlc for a while yet unless the situation with LIRR has changed.

• Like Like x 2
  12. raildan

Yeah, I agree.

It seems like DTG is trying to make sure all 3 countries have plenty of locos, hence the multitude of loco DLC releases we've been seeing, so I would actually expect 2 or more new locos in the next US route to make up for this.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Their struggle is mostly with the DM30AC and C3 coaches. They’re continuously making a library of reference material for the DM30AC as we speak for a possible DLC in the future. Now the M3s happen to have more reference material available then the M7s and are way easier to make IMO so I think it’s probable that it will come at some point. To respond to whoever said that LIRR is newer and would’ve had less time to make, these DLC’s are planned months upon months, even a year before expected release and if an M3 DLC is planned soon, it was in the plans/in development for a very long time.

I hope if LIRR gets a loco DLC, they treat it the same way they did with the 182 and RT and make a complete revamp of the signal systems. LIRR and RT to me, are the DLC with the most in common. Both came standard with only one loco (LIRR with the M7 and RT with the Talent 2), both came with a broken signaling and safety system, both have a very commuter feeling with the urban and suburban operations and both have tons of potential for the future, which RT just received its first piece of potential, being the 182 and signaling/PZB update. This is what I wish for LIRR to receive in the future and it doesn’t have to be soon at all. In fact, I rather them take their time and release it in a complete state rather then rushing it out and continuing to upset more people.

• Like Like x 3
  14. raildan

Would make some sense. IDK if they'll redo the signaling, it's not as bad as RT was originally anyway (at the same time, though, that makes it easier to fix). But if they can find enough M3 references, I would definitely expect that to come out at some point. The DM30AC / C3 coaches, if they can ever get enough reference material for it, would best fit with a route extension whenever they feel comfortable making those, which won't be for a while I think, so they have plenty of time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lawjester

I’d actually prefer them to wait a bit with the DM30AC to release it with an LIRR expansion to either Port Jefferson or Oyster Bay. As much as even some of the Montauk would be incredible, it’s still a huge undertaking because they need to make the Babylon branch, Central Branch and of course, however far they go up the Montauk. I’d say they should at least go to Speonk if they go on that branch but it’s truly a lot and I don’t foresee them doing that so it’s really Port Jeff or Oyster Bay. They don’t really need to do any extensions for the M3s so that’s a better fit for short term. Long term, obviously the diesels would be better.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

unfortunately, nothing has been announced today :|

• Like Like x 1
  17. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would love to see Port Jefferson too

18. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Speonk would be nice on TSW and the M3 Locomotive or the DM30AC’s Locomotive would be awesome.

19. Meeper5

dm30acs would be worth is since the entire lirr route has third rail

20. Anthony Pecoraro

They only run on third rail in Penn Station. You still can switch modes.

21. raildan

Yeah, so it would work best with an extension to Port Jefferson IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lawjester

Agreed. Port Jefferson would be the best for both us and DTG because Speonk is a much larger undertaking whereas Port Jeff is just an extension to from Hicksville. Not only would an extension to Port Jeff bring us a much wanted diesel and diesel services, but also more M7 services as Huntington station on the PJ Branch is a frequent termination point for EMU’s from Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal (during the peak hours). During the Peak hours, PJ diesel trains will use Penn Station, LIC, Hunterpoint Ave and Jamaica. During off peak however, they’ll mostly only go between Hicksville, Huntington and sometimes Jamaica as more of a shuttle to connect with other EMU’s.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Meeper5

i think that for a new route the NJT Raritan Valley line would be a perfect route for TSW because most NJT routes are the perfect length for TSW i'm not really interested in any LIRR stuff but i'd still buy it but imo Mew Jersey transit content would be a good addition

• Like Like x 3
  24. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I agree, most NJT routes would be nice to have in TSW, although I would like to see a route outside the Eastern US, some variety would be nice (even though it's where I'm from).

• Like Like x 4
  25. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

For CSX Heavy Haul or NEC, we could get a CSX 3GS21B Genset Switcher, ES44AH, or ET44AH. Maybe a CSX SD80MAC could be added.
    I really want DTG to focus on a new US route. We need UP, ATSF, BNSF, SP, and maybe CP or CN. Steam locos also are needed.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Although they really need to release the US diesel physics fix.

27. raildan

Hopefully they're just delaying it to release with the next US route DLC. The British loco physics update came out around the time of the class 33 and NTP, and the Rapid Transit update came out with the BR182, so it does look like they tend to release major updates and new releases that have something to do with them at the same time.

28. NorthRail1

On today's live stream, it was said that the US loco physics update is almost completed and that the tunnel lighting will be updated on Sand Patch Grade and the brightness of the route fixed.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Pensfanvw

Pensfanvw Member

That's great news

• Like Like x 1
  30. raildan

That's very good news and I'm very happy to see this finally happen... but... 2 years... TWO YEARS...

Seriously, though, good news indeed. Didn't expect them to ever touch Sand Patch again since it's not on consoles. The locos make sense as they could be used on future routes.

31. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to these changes once they are released.

• Like Like x 2
  32. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Super excited about graphics bugs being fixed. And physics of course. I cant wait until the next us route I hope its worthwhile for a us route

• Like Like x 2
  33. nne4229

Anyone got any leaked info? I feel like this next US route has a lot of anticipation.

• Like Like x 1
  34. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Since they're are 3 routes for each country now, I'd rather they branched out and maybe something from Asia or another country in Europe

• Like Like x 2
  35. Anthony Pecoraro

I’ve heard rumors of Cajon Pass by a few people. I don’t know how credible they are though.

36. NorthRail1

Cajon Pass is just a rumour. It would make sense for Dovetail Games to make Cajon Pass since it is the right length and would be very different to the other US routes. However, something completely different may be being made instead.

• Like Like x 2
  37. raildan

Pretty sure that's just random speculation based off of... well, not much other than you could probably make it the right length and it's on the West Coast, which hasn't been modeled yet.

My personal random guess is that it could be this OR perhaps Oakland - Martinez (OR most likely something else entirely). Why do I think this route might work? Well, it's on the west coast and has Union Pacific freight, so that's nice, but it also has a couple of other things going for it:
    • Not just diesel Amtrak, but part of a route long requested for TS19. Much like LIRR was asked for for so long, Amtrak's Capitol Corridor has been requested by a few people for TS19.
    • Similar structure to a couple of other routes. Looking on a map, you'll note that this route, like MSB (and the possible future DB BR 294 DLC), is a bit on the short end but has a giant port/dock area that furthermore could be used for a future loco DLC (or even a new GP40-2 skin). The reason I think this might not be a one-off thing is that the mysterious "DarlingtonSaltBurn" route (along with an EWS Class 08 as DLC) mentioned in the game files is also a similar length with a big port area and a possible loco DLC to use for it, so this could just be how DTG is gonna do these things from now or something.
    • Actually, that's it...
    Of course, this idea's completely random, so who knows if it would happen or not... I'd say that Cajon Pass, the Peninsula Corridor, maybe something out East again like the NJT Main Line / Bergen County Line or just the Pascack Valley Line... but again, just as likely to be absolutely none of these.

We'll have to wait, but I don't really feel like we'll have to wait very long, just because it's been a while since a route was released. I think it's very possible that we'll know as soon as next Thursday (or the Thursday after that), and we could be playing on it as soon as two or three Thursdays later.

So, that would mean to keep an eye out for hints this week or next.

This post was way longer than it really needed to be, oh well...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  38. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

What about these iconic Locomotives as next USA DLC!!
    TrainSim-Dmitri
    U30-7 for some historical route.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  39. raildan

I, uh, hate to break it to you, but that isn't ATSF... lol.

That is a very nicely modeled C30-7, though (really wish Jointed Rail made more stuff for other simulators than Trainz sometimes)... really would be cool to see in TSW. I have he feeling the next route will be modern, but eventually I would love to see some classic GE's... those things sound amazing.

(IDK if it would be ATSF or BN, though... that might have to be a third party thing, thanks to BNSF's licensing rules.)

• Like Like x 1
  40. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I think they would be a great add as part of a route but however due the license restrictions with BNSF I believe this will probably not be made as no one outside the US would be able to get this.

41. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't matter much as both railroads are part of the BNSF Family, unfortunately. But something like either Union Pacific or Norfolk & Western/early Norfolk Southern would fit them nicely. And yes, those images are BN C30-7s

42. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Would love to see a C30-7 in game, although Union Pacific would probably be the final form we'd see something like this in. Jointed Rail have a few products for TS1, such as their payware SD40-2 line and freeware freight car packs through Searchlight Simulations, though it would be nice to have a few more of their engines in-game.

43. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Corrected, my mistake.

44. raildan

I knew it was BN, what I meant was that IDK if they would do ATSF or BN because of the licensing restrictions. I really don't think they will, especially since they've implied that they don't want any unbranded content in TSW, but, I mean, technically they've done it in TS1...
    Yeah, some other C30-7 seems more likely if it ever happens. I knew about the freeware boxcars, but not the SD40-2 -nice, I would probably buy that if I still had TS1 installed lol.
    It's fine!

45. Challenger3985

Pretty sure the fallen flags are included from the current Class Is as well.

46. raildan

I've said that twice now. Again, what I mean was I'm not sure if they'd try to do BN, ATSF, or BNSF anyway like in TS1.

I think I should have written "would" instead of "could"... I'll edit the post, sorry for any confusion.

47. Challenger3985

oooh. Sorry, brain dead. Pretty sure they may have loco and route ideas before the license changes but may have not ended well after that. And we may not see any official BNSF locos or routes for TSW any time soon

Note: and sorry ahead of time if this post does not make sense to you. Again, brain dead.

48. nne4229

BNSF and any names they've bought out are their intellectual property. So not good for us unfortunately.

49. raildan

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that with BNSF- they HAVE the license to sell BNSF routes, but ONLY in the US. So they can make a BNSF route, but either only sell it in the US or sell unbranded versions internationally.

In other news, I think it's late enough to safely say there's not gonna be a hint for the next route today... oh well. Doesn't mean we won't see anything by Thursday, though.

50. nne4229

What about today?

• Like Like x 1